Israel kills 205 in air assault on Gaza Strip

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Shiner86

Re: Israel kills 205 in air assault on Gaza Strip

Post by Shiner86 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:53 pm

TacRac: Not that it's a big deal but I think the quote coding on your last post is a little messed up.

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Hey man we need some Jesus in this thread! :wink:
Trioxin wrote:If that means I need a tinfoil hat, then dammit it, hand me my silver sombrero.
Packaged in USA
from products and materials produced in China

Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon.

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:57 pm

MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote: I followed the herd. :mrgreen:
history has shown that following the herd can lead to disastrous consequences.
That was just a joke... guess you missed it.

Question... what happened to the intelligent, easy to talk to person I private messaged regarding one of your pictures? Seems there are either two people using your account or you have a multi-personality disorder.
Forum nazi's control in effect...

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Tactical Raccoon.......no one seems to be gettin' jokes today.
Trioxin wrote:If that means I need a tinfoil hat, then dammit it, hand me my silver sombrero.
Packaged in USA

Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon.

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:00 pm

DavePAL and i became good friends on account of a similar incident on another forum. we wouldn't have gotten to know each other if we hadn't argued so much.

i just have a hair trigger on this issue i guess....i wont take it personally if you don't.

i'm ready to bury the hatchet and ex-fil from this thread.

(edit) maybe if you had to come to your elementary school and routinely find spray-painted swastikas and broken windows, you might understand where i'm coming from...and that was just from kindergarten to 5th grade. i won't get into the rest of my life experience.
Last edited by MacabeeSicarius on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
crypto wrote:Sigs are +5 damage due to superior Teutonic Gnome Magic

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:01 pm

naegling62 wrote:Tactical Raccoon.......no one seems to be gettin' jokes today.
I guess not :roll:

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:06 pm

MacabeeSicarius wrote:DavePAL and i became good friends on account of a similar incident on another forum. we wouldn't have gotten to know each other if we hadn't argued so much.

i just have a hair trigger on this issue i guess....i wont take it personally if you don't.

i'm ready to bury the hatchet and ex-fil from this thread.
I apologize as well as I should have known and shouldn't have posted the word Jew with an asterisks, should of just stated that I have a slight dislike for the Middle East because of years of constant conflict.

I kind of figured you had a hair trigger on this issue based on your picture in another thread. Like I said my sister lived in Israel and I surely do not hate my sister nor the generous family she lived with during her education.

Back on topic... What is the long term possible ramifications of this in a preparedness stand point? Israel attack on Iran because of this (hypothetical)? Russia does not support Israel in this and currently the United States relations with Russia are strained, especially after the Georgian incident. Could this boil over to something larger than many currently see or prepare for?
(edit) maybe if you had to come to your elementary school and routinely find spray-painted swastikas and broken windows, you might understand where i'm coming from...and that was just from kindergarten to 5th grade. i won't get into the rest of my life experience.
In America?

g0nz0

Post by g0nz0 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:09 pm

back on topic:
what do you think of Ayatollah Ali Khameini calling for Muslims to stand up and defend Palestinians against Israel. i keep hearing (but nothing official) that Iran is getting into this situation as well. plus we all know what Ahmadinejad thinks of Israel.

tacrac: unless the US is going to going to get involved, i don't think there is really anything to prepare for at this point.

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote:
In America?

Sadly, yes.

Ann Arbor, Michigan...one of the most liberal places in the region and a city with a high Jewish population. if that shit can happen in a liberal place like where I live, I can't see it being uncommon across the rest of the country.

there are people who to this day still protest outside of synagogues in Ann Arbor, on account of Israel's policies. that makes absolutely no sense. one has nothing to do with the other.

Shiner86

Post by Shiner86 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:14 pm

g0nz0 wrote:tacrac: unless the US is going to going to get involved, i don't think there is really anything to prepare for at this point.
Yeah, and I really doubt that would happen right now. We're, for all intents and purposes, between presidents and the US military's already fighting on multiple fronts.
Last edited by Shiner86 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:15 pm

g0nz0 wrote:back on topic:
what do you think of Ayatollah Ali Khameini calling for Muslims to stand up and defend Palestinians against Israel. i keep hearing (but nothing official) that Iran is getting into this situation as well. plus we all know what Ahmadinejad thinks of Israel.

tacrac: unless the US is going to going to get involved, i don't think there is really anything to prepare for at this point.
Iran has been in this situation for a long time now. They have financially aided Hamas for years as well as supported them with military training and weapons if sources are accurate.

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:15 pm

MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
In America?

Sadly, yes.

Ann Arbor, Michigan...one of the most liberal places in the region and a city with a high Jewish population. if that shit can happen in a liberal place like where I live, I can't see it being uncommon across the rest of the country.

there are people who to this day still protest outside of synagogues in Ann Arbor, on account of Israel's policies. that makes absolutely no sense. one has nothing to do with the other.
Who?
Packaged in USA

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:17 pm

naegling62 wrote:
MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
In America?

Sadly, yes.

Who?
Well it probably isn't liberals protesting.

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote:
naegling62 wrote:
MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
In America?

Sadly, yes.

Who?
Well it probably isn't liberals protesting.
Well from my experience liberals are the most hateful. The intolerance of the tolerant.
Packaged in USA

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:21 pm

these people

check out the website http://www.aaspurn.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jewish prayers should be disrupted: "You pray for genocide!"
i should also mention that i went to a Hebrew/Jewish Elementary school that was located in a temple and was later moved to a Jewish community center...both locations were vandalized quite often when i was a student there.

you probably already assumed it was a Hebrew school tho.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:23 pm

naegling62 wrote:
MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
In America?

Sadly, yes.

Who?

My guess would be some members of the large neo-nazi population in Detroit.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 pm

Looks like Peaceniks.
Packaged in USA

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:27 pm

naegling62 wrote:Looks like Peaceniks.
Hahaha so true. I was going to post something regarding the 70's but decided not too.

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:33 pm

yeah, they're lib-tards.

i wasn't trying to connect the protests and vandalism either. the two events were almost a couple decades apart and have nothing to do with one another.

back on topic whenever.....

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:45 pm

Would Israel risk a full out war with Hamas?

Is Hamas as powerful as Hezbollah, in which Israel tried to defeat, until they realized that their casualties would be too great?

I do not doubt Israel's intelligence, in fact they have one of the best intelligence records if I recall.

What I am worried about is the United States entering into all of this... I know the Jewish lobby has warned against Mr. Obama's election but his focuses are more on the economy and not this conflict so much. Maybe his advisers might push him to take a leap and aid Israel militarily. If so that would most likely bring in Iran and Russia... hopefully not China.

Ellie With An Axe

Post by Ellie With An Axe » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm not sure Obama would get that involved, at least that quickly. I'm sure Bush is just going through the usual motions right now, with the goal of letting Obama deal with the rest of it when he takes office in a few days. And Obama is probably already planning for that.

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:58 pm

Israel has stated that their aim is to utterly destroy HAMAS if they do not capitulate.

Most Israelis (along with everyone else) see 2006 as a failure.... especially after the prisoner-trade. if they go all out they cannot fail. However, HAMAS' police and fighters only number in the tens of thousands. Hezbollah is a much more powerful organization, there isn't much of a comparison.

Skillet Liquor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All movies are zombie movies if you are in the right frame of mind when you watch them.

Post by Skillet Liquor » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote:I know the Jewish lobby has warned against Mr. Obama's election...
WTF? Was this sarcasm? It's getting harder and harder for me to tell with your posts...
"Let's go get sushi... and not pay!"

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 pm

I think its kick ass that Israel arms their people, its an interesting conflict, where does Egypt stand in all this?
I heard some rumor a while ago, actually no, think I read it in the WSJ that a leader in Egypt was making some serious anti-semitic comments. Is there a possibility they will become involved?

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”