Israel kills 205 in air assault on Gaza Strip

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

justsomeguy

Re: Israel kills 205 in air assault on Gaza Strip

Post by justsomeguy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Islamic Resistance Movement english for HAMAS, they Attack Israel, Israel fucks them up, thats fair.

Shiner86

Post by Shiner86 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 pm

[skirting the NO POLITICS RULE]Neither side is without fault but the fact of the matter is that Israel, if left alone, would probably bomb nobody. Hamas is the aggressor here.

That said, I'm sure it sucks beyond belief to be a Palestinian right now. I have no idea what I would do if I were a civilian stuck in a country that was being bombed because the government was unable/unwilling to curb a terrorist organization inside our borders. By the way, it was reported in the news today that Israel is indeed allowing humanitarian aid into Gaza.

The US is encouraging Israel to participate in a 48 hour ceasefire to give Hamas an opportunity to halt their rocket fire and Israel is reportedly considering it but for some reason I'm guessing the terrorist organization that has vowed to fight until the last drop of blood probably won't take them up on the peaceful offer.[/skirting the NO POLITICS RULE]

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:48 pm

MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
Never knew you (or anyone for that matter) understood the language of that area.

It is the real name for Hamas (Hamas is a shortened version of Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamat al-Islāmiyyah). But can you translate it correctly Mac*?

Islamic Resistance Movement. however the word hamas in arabic can also mean something similar to "warrior ethos/spirit"

I've studied a few languages: Latin, Hebrew and Arabic. i would not say i'm very proficient in any of them, but i get by.
A very good. I have study Arabic, Latin and a very little bit Hebrew in college. It is good to know numerous languages.

How many times have you been to Israel Mac?

It is a beautiful country. Never lived there but my sister has in the past, she went to school over in Israel. I always loved the story she told me about them hunting with Uzi's on semi-auto, but if they heard shots they switched to full-auto.
Forum nazi's control in effect...

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote:
MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
Never knew you (or anyone for that matter) understood the language of that area.

It is the real name for Hamas (Hamas is a shortened version of Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamat al-Islāmiyyah). But can you translate it correctly Mac*?

Islamic Resistance Movement. however the word hamas in arabic can also mean something similar to "warrior ethos/spirit"

I've studied a few languages: Latin, Hebrew and Arabic. i would not say i'm very proficient in any of them, but i get by.
A very good. I have study Arabic, Latin and a very little bit Hebrew in college. It is good to know numerous languages.

It is a beautiful country. Never lived there but my sister has in the past, she went to school over in Israel. I always loved the story she told me about them hunting with Uzi's on semi-auto, but if they heard shots they switched to full-auto.
Does an UZI have a selector switch?

Deschain
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Shaun of the Dead, Fido

Post by Deschain » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote: I do not want you to make peace with an enemy, even though the enemy has never attacked us, just J*ws.

Not saying that all people are calling this a war against Muslim but any time most American's hear about Terrorists, etc. they think of Muslims, which is bias.

The reason I used the * is I do not care for them nor that general region, they cause us American's too much trouble.
[/quote][/quote]

Please note the following:

1. A Jew is not an Israeli. A lot of Israelis are Jews, but they do exist outside the country. Please, restrain your shock and horror.

2. An Israeli is not necessarily a Semitic Jew. There are plenty of Arabs, Armenians, Russians, Ethiopians, etc. who are Israeli citizens. There are Muslim Israelis, Christian Israelis of various flavours, and then those weird guys who have the gardens up in Haifa. Something starting with B?

I'm a Canadian, and I'm not calling this a war on Muslims. I'm calling it a continuation of hostilities between parts of the Palestinian State and Israel, which has basically been occurring for a long, long time.

See? Now I'm pissed off and gassy.

Deschain
Last edited by Deschain on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you, and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing.- Cort

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
-General Mattis

De-Domesticating the Modern Male

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote:

i've only been four times :cry:

i have family there too, so i wish i could go more...

my family is scattered all over the planet, so family reunions are tough for us. a lot of time we'll meet up in a "central" location like London or New York.
crypto wrote:Sigs are +5 damage due to superior Teutonic Gnome Magic

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:57 pm

justsomeguy wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:

Does an UZI have a selector switch?
Yes they do. At least the original Israeli ones.

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:01 pm

Deschain wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote: I do not want you to make peace with an enemy, even though the enemy has never attacked us, just J*ws.

Not saying that all people are calling this a war against Muslim but any time most American's hear about Terrorists, etc. they think of Muslims, which is bias.

The reason I used the * is I do not care for them nor that general region, they cause us American's too much trouble.
[/quote]

Please note the following:

1. A Jew is not an Israeli. A lot of Israelis are Jews, but they do exist outside the country. Please, restrain your shock and horror.

2. An Israeli is not necessarily a Semitic Jew. There are plenty of Arabs, Armenians, Russians, Ethiopians, etc. who are Israeli citizens. There are Muslim Israelis, Christian Israelis of various flavours, and then those weird guys who have the gardens up in Haifa. Something starting with B?

I'm a Canadian, and I'm not calling this a war on Muslims. I'm calling it a continuation of hostilities between parts of the Palestinian State and Israel, which has basically been occurring for a long, long time.

See? Now I'm pissed off and gassy.

Deschain[/quote]

1948, 60 years innit?

llivne

Post by llivne » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote:
llivne wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
TheGunslinger wrote:Tactical Raccoon asked why the strip of land was important, and I used an analogy to answer him.
Thanks for the analogy... but why can't we all just get a long? Who cares what religion you are we are all human beings.

The problem is that most Americans believe that all Muslims are fanatical extremists that want to blow themselves up but in reality that is not what the Koran says. There is no martyrdom in the holy Koran.
remind me what does what most Americans believe has anything to do with the middle east? may I remind you that's been wars going on here even before America was discovered?

i dont care what religion other people are but Hamas is a terrorist organisation that has kill every jew, in fact some of there founding charters is (according to wikipedia):

* Article 7 of the Hamas Covenant states the following: "The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Muslem).

* Article 22 claims that the French revolution, the Russian revolution, colonialism and both world wars were created by the Zionists. It also claims the Freemasons and Rotary clubs are Zionist fronts.

"You may speak as much as you want about regional and world wars. They were behind World War I, when they were able to destroy the Islamic Caliphate, making financial gains and controlling resources. They obtained the Balfour Declaration, formed the League of Nations through which they could rule the world. They were behind World War II, through which they made huge financial gains by trading in armaments, and paved the way for the establishment of their state. It was they who instigated the replacement of the League of Nations with the United Nations and the Security Council to enable them to rule the world through them. There is no war going on anywhere, without having their finger in it."[90]

* Furthermore, Article 32 of the Covenant makes reference to The Protocols of the Elders of Zion:

"Today it is Palestine, tomorrow it will be one country or another. The Zionist plan is limitless. After Palestine, the Zionists aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates. When they will have digested the region they overtook, they will aspire to further expansion, and so on. Their plan is embodied in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", and their present conduct is the best proof of what we are saying."

and you want me to make peace with that?
how do you expect anyone to get along with someone who is actively trying to kill him?

if a cop will get shot at and then return fire will you go ask him why didn't he tried to get along with the one who shot at him instead of shooting back? what's the difference between the two situations?
What Hamas says and what the Koran says is completely different. Do not blame Muslim's for this. It is not their fault.

I do not want you to make peace with an enemy, even though the enemy has never attacked us, just J*ws.

your missing the point on so many levels i can barly decide where to start.

1) i'm Israeli, speak for yourself when you say "even though the enemy has never attacked us",
2) you say "I do not want you to make peace with an enemy" yet ask why cant we all get along- i'm trying to show you it's kinda impossible trying to get along with someone actively trying to kill you
3) at what point did i blamed the Muslims? dont put words in my mouth, i do blame Hamas and all those that suppurate it
4)I'm also an atheist and Hamas still wants me dead so it's not just Jews, its every non Muslim Israeli alive.

p.s. i just love how firefox spell check doesn't recognise the word Hamas.
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
MacabeeSicarius wrote:
"just Jews" what? are you saying Israel doesn't want to make peace? they tried to uphold the cease-fire. HAMAS could not stop mortar and rocket attacks for 30 days. the town of Sderot has been largely vacated due to indirect fire attacks from within Gaza.

also, not all Jews agree with Israeli policy....you are lumping all Jews together while at the same time saying not all Muslims support HAMAS. :roll: Israel's at war with HAMAS not the Palestinian Authority or other factions, so don't see why people are calling this a war against Muslims

curious why you edited the word "Jews". do you consider it a dirty four letter word? that appears to be your intent.

Back on topic: When does everyone think there will be a ground invasion by Israel?
wouldn't have bothered giving such a polite response to your post above if i have known your a racists, luckily this is one thing i can get a chance to fix now.

fuck you
you might noticed I didn't used a * in it, racists don't deserve it in my book.

you seem to think that the only people that are important in the world are Americans and that your inconvenience is more important then the life's of those in "that general region", your arrogance thinking that years old war can be settled with the tried and failed method of "why can't we all just get a long" is only matched by your hypocrisy saying such things yet admiting you don't care for anyone who's from a religion different then yours.

in what way did Israel caused trouble to you?
yes i am aware that taking all the time in the news broadcasts doesn't leaves a lot of time for the story on the pole-dancing bear you really wanted to see,or maybe it was that a large percentage of the high-tech industry is being developed and manufactured here and in the process taking jobs from honest Americans? I'm so sorry we dared work in something more profitable then sock making and shoe shining.

the fact of the matter is that Israel doesn't cause problems to the USA or any part of the civilised (non terrorist harbouring) world, but why let logic stop you from bitching about how much trouble we caused you, which as you stated is the only thing that's important.
truth matters god doesn't and life sucks ~ house

for the hell of it

Deschain
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Shaun of the Dead, Fido

Post by Deschain » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 pm

60 years, a major war every five or ten. Long periods of low-intensity conflict. Yeah, that's a long time to be at war.
Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you, and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing.- Cort

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
-General Mattis

De-Domesticating the Modern Male

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm

llivne wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
MacabeeSicarius wrote:
"just Jews" what? are you saying Israel doesn't want to make peace? they tried to uphold the cease-fire. HAMAS could not stop mortar and rocket attacks for 30 days. the town of Sderot has been largely vacated due to indirect fire attacks from within Gaza.

also, not all Jews agree with Israeli policy....you are lumping all Jews together while at the same time saying not all Muslims support HAMAS. :roll: Israel's at war with HAMAS not the Palestinian Authority or other factions, so don't see why people are calling this a war against Muslims

curious why you edited the word "Jews". do you consider it a dirty four letter word? that appears to be your intent.

Back on topic: When does everyone think there will be a ground invasion by Israel?
wouldn't have bothered giving such a polite response to your post above if i have known your a racists, luckily this is one thing i can get a chance to fix now.

fuck you
you might noticed I didn't used a * in it, racists don't deserve it in my book.

you seem to think that the only people that are important in the world are Americans and that your inconvenience is more important then the life's of those in "that general region", your arrogance thinking that years old war can be settled with the tried and failed method of "why can't we all just get a long" is only matched by your hypocrisy saying such things yet admiting you don't care for anyone who's from a religion different then yours.

in what way did Israel caused trouble to you?
yes i am aware that taking all the time in the news broadcasts doesn't leaves a lot of time for the story on the pole-dancing bear you really wanted to see,or maybe it was that a large percentage of the high-tech industry is being developed and manufactured here and in the process taking jobs from honest Americans? I'm so sorry we dared work in something more profitable then sock making and shoe shining.

the fact of the matter is that Israel doesn't cause problems to the USA or any part of the civilised (non terrorist harbouring) world, but why let logic stop you from bitching about how much trouble we caused you, which as you stated is the only thing that's important.
Just stating my opinion and the reason for why I write it like that. If you have a problem PM me instead of getting a good informational thread locked.

Not liking a certain region or ethnic group is not racist. It is racist to actively denounce a race (like Iran does). Get your facts straight, PM ME NEXT TIME!

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:16 pm

Deschain wrote:60 years, a major war every five or ten. Long periods of low-intensity conflict. Yeah, that's a long time to be at war.
Yup

Shiner86

Post by Shiner86 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote:just J*ws.
Tactical Raccoon wrote:The reason I used the * is I do not care for them nor that general region, they cause us American's too much trouble.
So basically you dislike an entire group of people based on their religion and/or ethnicity. That's nice. I remember how earlier in this thread you accused most Americans of having a bias towards Muslims.
Tactical Raccoon wrote:any time most American's hear about Terrorists, etc. they think of Muslims, which is bias.
Wow man, irony much? :lol:

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Shiner86 wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote:just J*ws.
Tactical Raccoon wrote:The reason I used the * is I do not care for them nor that general region, they cause us American's too much trouble.
So basically you dislike an entire group of people based on their religion and/or ethnicity. That's nice. I remember how earlier in this thread you accused most Americans of having a bias towards Muslims.
Tactical Raccoon wrote:any time most American's hear about Terrorists, etc. they think of Muslims, which is bias.
Wow man, irony much? :lol:
Get your head out of your ass for a minute. Never stated I hated Jew's based on their religion and/or ethnicity. I hate that entire region (Middle East) based on the problems that they cause American's. Don't quote one single word and a paragraph and try to glue it together.

Is the statement about American's connection between terrorists and Muslims not correct? I mean you don't hear about the Russian Terrorists or Norwegian Terrorists do you?

Back on topic...

IAF unleashes massive strike on Hamas tunnel network near Rafah
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1051216.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Israeli foreign minister defends military strikes
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081229/D95CC4M00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slightly off topic... I was really hoping that Livni would have been the next head of Israel. But maybe there is a ray of hope for her return for the bid... :mrgreen:

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:35 pm

you said you don't care for "them".

not all Jews live in the middle east. not all Israelis are Jewish.

how about American Jews? do they cause you and other Americans "too much trouble"?

Shiner86

Post by Shiner86 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Just out of curiosity TacRac, since you dislike the whole entire region and all, why do you include an asterisk in the word JEW and not in the word MUSLIM?

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 pm

MacabeeSicarius, you need to change your avatar to a Pitbull or a Mastif. The Beagle ain't gettin' it for your mood today. :wink: Just jokin' man.
Trioxin wrote:If that means I need a tinfoil hat, then dammit it, hand me my silver sombrero.
Packaged in USA
from products and materials produced in China

Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon.

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 pm

MacabeeSicarius wrote:you said you don't care for "them".

not all Jews live in the middle east.

how about American Jews. do they cause you and other Americans "too much trouble"?
Them doesn't mean Jews. I know not all Jews live in the Middle East, I was not stating that I do not care for Jews.

I just do not care for the demographic area (region) of the Middle East. Doesn't matter if there is American Jews, American Muslims, etc. living there. Many are travelers or visiting.

Why is it such a big deal if I dislike that region? Does it hurt you personally? Maybe many posters here are right... maybe you are a troll.

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Shiner86 wrote:Just out of curiosity TacRac, since you dislike the whole entire region and all, why do you include an asterisk in the word JEW and not in the word MUSLIM?
I guess I spend far too much time over in the Political section of GlockTalk. After having people putting asterisks in the word JEW and GOD, etc.

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Yeah, but you've explained it off. If you're going to single out folks, be consistent.

Kevin
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:45 pm

Famine wrote:Yeah, but you've explained it off. If you're going to single out folks, be consistent.

Kevin
Alright, im sorry, I did not know anyone would care or throw a fit.

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote: Why is it such a big deal if I dislike that region? Does it hurt you personally? Maybe many posters here are right... maybe you are a troll.
it hurts me personally when i percieve that you're insulting my people and by extension, myself. i am not a troll. i was asking you to clarify your statement. i hope that is not a problem.

Tactical Raccoon wrote:
Shiner86 wrote:Just out of curiosity TacRac, since you dislike the whole entire region and all, why do you include an asterisk in the word JEW and not in the word MUSLIM?
I guess I spend far too much time over in the Political section of GlockTalk. After having people putting asterisks in the word JEW and GOD, etc.
the asterisk in "G*d" is done out of religious significance, as Jews are not allowed to speak the name of G*d, or even what may be referred to as the "nickname" of G*d, except when reciting prayers.

it is done so that the Lord's name is not taken in vain, in either Hebrew or English. it is done as a sign of the utmost religious devotion and respect. in Hebrew, Jews will say "ha`shem" which mean "the name" as a substitute for saying "G*d"

for you to attempt to equate the using the word "J*ws" as an epithet with this religious practice, only serves to deepen the insult.
Last edited by MacabeeSicarius on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tactical Raccoon
BANNED

Post by Tactical Raccoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:49 pm

MacabeeSicarius wrote:
Tactical Raccoon wrote: Why is it such a big deal if I dislike that region? Does it hurt you personally? Maybe many posters here are right... maybe you are a troll.
it hurts me personally when i percieve that you're insulting my people and by extension, myself. i am not a troll. i was asking you to clarify your statement. i hope that is not a problem.
I am not just insulting "your people" but the entire region of the Middle East. So don't feel so bad.
Tactical Raccoon wrote:
the asterisk in "G*d" is done out of religious significance, as Jews are not allowed to speak the name of G*d, or even what may be referred to as the "nickname" of G*d, except when reciting prayers.

it is done so that the Lord's name is not taken in vain, in either Hebrew or English. it is done as a sign of the utmost religious devotion and respect.

for you to attempt to equate the using the word "J*ws" as an epithet with this religious practice, only serves to deepen the insult.[/quote]

Well they do say j*w with the asterisks over at GT Politics so I followed the herd. :mrgreen:

ADD: Can we get over this crap and get back on topic instead of throwing tantrums over this shit?

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Tactical Raccoon wrote: I followed the herd. :mrgreen:
history has shown that following the herd can lead to disastrous consequences.

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”