Observer: "Blood will run in the streets, believe me."

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Lynxian

Re: Observer: "Blood will run in the streets, believe me."

Post by Lynxian » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 am

Uhh, pancake? Is that like meant in a bad or a good way? Cause personally, I like pancakes... :?
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 am

Lynxian wrote:Uhh, pancake? Is that like meant in a bad or a good way? Cause personally, I like pancakes... :?
It's an autochange to keep candidates' names off the forum. The other guy is Waffle.
Mostly not here anymore.

vyadmirer
Favorite Zombie Movies: ??????

Post by vyadmirer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 am

dogbane wrote:vyadmirer wrote:
Anything that makes Jane Fonda cry is okay by me

I don't get it. Who is talking about her?
the article mentions it.
I took the consolation prize in Ranter's free CFP-90 thread. He sent me a pack he wouldn't sell (it was a little dusty) for shipping only. Great guy!

Hatch
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Land of the Dead, Night of the Comet, Resident Evil, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Hatch » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:37 am

dogbane wrote:
Lynxian wrote:Uhh, pancake? Is that like meant in a bad or a good way? Cause personally, I like pancakes... :?
It's an autochange to keep candidates' names off the forum. The other guy is Waffle.
LOL. I think I'll just skip breakfast tomorrow, since I don't like what they're serving up. :D

--Hatch
3d6. That's how I roll.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:15 am

vyadmirer wrote:
Anything that makes Jane Fonda cry is okay by me

I don't get it. Who is talking about her?
the article mentions it.
Ah, so. It wasn't in the OP. I just searched the article and saw that it was about comments by Erica Jong. Meh. Not a fan, nor do I consider her a leading socio-political thinker.

I don't care a whit about Jane Fonda. She's a has-been, washed-up actress.

I liked her brother in 3:10 to Yuma tho, and I'm a big Henry Fonda fan.
Mostly not here anymore.

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 pm

witchdoctor556 wrote:I have the opinion that there will be small isolated riots in the areas where Afro-American populations are dense. I have to work that day and I am going to carry a few extra items, based on my local AO.

I work in a small city with only 8 police officers on duty at night. There is a very dense, but wide-spread, area of Afro-Americans who have mini-riots almost every weekend. I am defining a mini-riot as about 20-30 people or so fighting in the streets, attacking innocents, and destroying private property. There are no plans that I am aware of to have extra police on hand for riots or "in case shit". I just assumed stay out of those areas, but my job requires I go there frequently. Thus my new motto... "When traveling on Election Day, Carry a folding stock AK." This is similar to my other motto "When traveling more than an hour away, pack your folding stock AK."

I am more concerned with the run on guns, ammo, and gear following the election if Pancake wins. Do not think for a minute retailers will keep their prices the same as last week. They will be there to capitalize on your fears and national perception guns and ammo will instantly be banned when Pancake takes office.
Hey witchdoctor556.....no facts here the mods might ban you. :wink: Or the least they might spank you in public. :lol:
Trioxin wrote:If that means I need a tinfoil hat, then dammit it, hand me my silver sombrero.
Packaged in USA
from products and materials produced in China

Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon.

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:41 pm

dogbane wrote:It's an autochange to keep candidates' names off the forum. The other guy is Waffle.
ROFL, I see! :lol:

In that case, I'm all for pancakes, but I will demand syrup and butter! (Since I'm no US citizen, no voting for me, so I've gots to stick with the syrup, really...)
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 pm

vyadmirer wrote:Anything that makes Jane Fonda cry is okay by me :D
So, you're in favor of my policy of donkey punching celebrities, then? As well as my plans to give them the "pinkeye surprise"? :wink:

(This thread is redundant, so I feel no need to contribute anything useful to it. See the above linked original thread for my comments on this issue generally.)

Y.T.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead & Breakfast,
Night of the Comet,
Shaun of the Dead,
28 Days Later,
Resident Evil: Extinction,
Planet Terror
and a host of post-apoc/sci-fi/dystopia.
...4 words for you: deaf. amish. zombie killer.
...3 more words: machine. gun. leg.

"Idiocracy: it's not just a movie, people. It's a warning."
-- said by a quite awesome friend
(yes, it qualifies as a zombie movie)
Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive

Post by Y.T. » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:02 pm

I think it's funny that anyone would be seriously concerned about an uprising with this election. I mean, the last election we had widespread voting fraud, serious problems with Diebold machines, a large part of the country upset that the electoral essentially overrode and ignored the populace vote leaving us with a president that didn't actually win, and calls for recounts ignored. There were no riots. I don't even recall any real disturbances.

What do we have this year? Two blah candidates, neither of whom are responsible for the current economic problems. What exactly is supposed to cause this blood in streets? Riots happen because of a sequence of events -- which we're currently lacking. There's no tension leading up to the election, it's not like people are boiling up and ready to explode.

It just seems like the few letters or op ed pieces I see that even mention the possibility aren't based in any reality, they're just trying to create panic and fear because that sells more papers.

ETA: oh and re: Jane Fonda. Seriously, hardly an intellectual political figure. We're talking about a woman who when asked what she was most proud of in her career, said being the same dress size at 50 that she was at 20. Uh yeah, any article that uses her as a strong point is pretty much negated in my book.
Last edited by Y.T. on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
status update: Y.T. has not been eaten by zombies. She's busy in the analog world.
JOIN THE ARIZONA CHAPTER!!
desert folks links/tips * ZS Wiki * beginner help & other links * women's PAW health
Anyone can use my Unofficial Welcome Wagon(TM) message, no need to give credit or thanks if you do. :)

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:06 pm

I saw blood running in the street this morning, on the way into work...somebody had whacked a deer hard enough with an SUV to essentially tear off the thing's head...blood was indeed running in the street, until it ran off into a break in the tarmac...

And this is the day before the election...boy, that reporter sure can call 'em... :wink:

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:00 pm

I doubt there will be any large problems but I live in the 5th largest city in America and I also don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. Loki and I will have some extra "Just In Case" gear with us for the drive back and forth to work tomorrow.

Stay frosty folks.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:06 pm

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:I doubt there will be any large problems but I also don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. Loki and I will have some extra "Just In Case" gear with us for the drive back and forth to work tomorrow.

Stay frosty folks.
Steph and I are contemplating our election night plans. The situation is different here, since Obama is in this city, having his rally, and scheduled to speak.

I teach a class until 9:30. Obama is scheduled to speak at 11:00pm, in Grant Park which is right downtown, right in front of Steph's school (SAIC) in fact. There's a room with a window overlooking the park, the school has a party scheduled there, but they kick us out at 11:30, meaning we'd be kicked out of the building half an hour after the speech...or, rather, at the tail end of it. Steph's thinking we should stay home, listen to it on the radio, just in case. She also suggested we gas up the Jeep, but it's at 3/4 of a tank or so anyway. We both have responsibilities Wed., so we can't do the "excuse for an overnight road trip" plan.

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:07 pm

ETA: oh and re: Jane Fonda. Seriously, hardly an intellectual political figure.
That's how I feel about 99.99% of celebrity endorsements of either candidate. The .001% exception is I like Denzel Washington's endorsement of a political figure when his endorsement agrees with my own opinion, because I liked him in "Man on Fire". Other than that, playing a doctor on TV doesn't mean you can do my apendectomy, so stop telling me who to vote for as president.

And am I the only one who thinks this is less of a prediction and more like blackmail?
It can always get worse.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Jeriah wrote:Grant Park

:shock:
Mostly not here anymore.

Danger
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Danger » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm more concerned with the pure gloating and feelings of self-righteousness I'm going to have to put up with from close friends who have been argueing with me over the last year about this election.
(Insert witty comment here)

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:42 am

Danger wrote:I'm more concerned with the pure gloating and feelings of self-righteousness I'm going to have to put up with from close friends who have been argueing with me over the last year about this election.
Meh, you get to do all that when your area gets hit by a natural disaster and your friends are crying about the government not coming to their aid quickly enough. Everybody's right sometime.

theclockwork

Post by theclockwork » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:29 am

All was quite, in fact, the only tears I saw tonight are in joy.

For once, it looks like the democratic process worked with no snags, that is until tomorrow when the lawsuits are filed.
Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

JibbaJabba
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by JibbaJabba » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:30 am

Granted, I'm not actually stateside to give a play-by-play, but so far CNN isn't saying anything about blood or streets.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I supposed to wait for the inauguration?
PlE or GTFO! Image
bonanacrom wrote:I found that if your 6 feet tall and weigh 260 pounds and answer the door naked with a big shit eating grin on your face you get to control the conversation right from the beginning.

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:43 am

Danger wrote:I'm more concerned with the pure gloating and feelings of self-righteousness I'm going to have to put up with from close friends who have been argueing with me over the last year about this election.
Smug zones are due to be quite high in the coming days.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:53 am

ghostface wrote:
Smug zones are due to be quite high in the coming days.
As long as the smug doesn't become that bad as the zmug cloud that was created with George Clooney's Oscar speech while driving a hybrid, then we'll be fine...

Meanwhile; some skinheads might find the inaugeration a good moment to start a violent riot, but personally I don't think they're going to get the chance with the amount of police that's bound to be on the streets on that day. (Unless, of course, government decides lots of police isn't necessary, in which case bringing that CCW with you might be nice...)

19kilo

Post by 19kilo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:06 am

theclockwork wrote:All was quite, in fact, the only tears I saw tonight are in joy.

For once, it looks like the democratic process worked with no snags, that is until tomorrow when the lawsuits are filed.
Funny only seems like snags and blood in the streets if things turned out the other way. :roll: :?

The water gets hotter...the frog keeps swimming

jay_imok

Post by jay_imok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 am

dogbane wrote:
vyadmirer wrote:
.....Jane Fonda...she's a has-been, washed-up actress.....

perhaps.

but at 70+ you could still bounce a quarter off'n her hard arse!

jay_imok

Post by jay_imok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:53 am

ghostface wrote: .....Smug zones are due to be quite high in the coming days.

+1

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:47 am

Hm, you know, my preps don't include the contingency "massive street party". Better update my stores with beer and tequila.
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”