Sharia in Britain?!

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mrdbeau

Re: Sharia in Britain?!

Post by mrdbeau » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:36 am

llivne wrote:i should start an atheist court, its a radical thought i know but bear with me, it will based on common (wait for it) sense, and i shell open a chapter of it in the UK and have them enforce the words of the "istoppedhavingimaginaryfriends" book because they apparently are willing to enforce every clown pretending to be a judge decision.
2 problems:

1) There are plenty of atheists lacking in the sense department.

2) You will find that "common sense" is usually not all that common, and sometimes not all that sensible. :lol:
medic wrote:mrdbeau FTW!
Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. -2 Corinthians 1:9

God Bless, HK!

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 pm

llivne wrote:i should start an atheist court, its a radical thought i know but bear with me, it will based on common (wait for it) sense, and i shell open a chapter of it in the UK and have them enforce the words of the "istoppedhavingimaginaryfriends" book because they apparently are willing to enforce every clown pretending to be a judge decision.
I really don't appreciate it when people go out of there way to throw thinly veiled insults at those who follow a particular religion. I don't go around throwing bible quotes down your throat, so man up and stop insulting my intelligence and maturity. Thankyou.

Oh, and P!E.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Chantrea
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Uh...does Bubba Ho-Tep count? It's got Bruce Campbell in it!

Post by Chantrea » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:24 pm

NORTHERN RAIDER wrote:
Possibly because the C of E and Jewish communities have no desire to destroy or change our culture from its normal north european roots, I have yet to see a Vicar, or Father, Pastor, or whatever the jewish dudes are called campaign for a holy way against western society.
With respect, that's because they already did their massacres, intra- and inter-denominational civil wars, purges, and religious clensings centuries ago. The 'northern european' roots that I believe you're referring to are largely imports. Even in the history of the UK, it's not like there wasn't suppression of culture and religion even on the island against the Welsh, Cornish, Scottish, ect. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

mrdbeau

Post by mrdbeau » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 pm

Chantrea wrote:With respect, that's because they already did their massacres, intra- and inter-denominational civil wars, purges, and religious clensings centuries ago. The 'northern european' roots that I believe you're referring to are largely imports. Even in the history of the UK, it's not like there wasn't suppression of culture and religion even on the island against the Welsh, Cornish, Scottish, ect. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.
We aren't talking about things that happened "centuries ago." We're talking about things happening now, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. Besides, you're two pages late.
mrdbeau wrote:Maybe if we were in the middle of the Inquisition, I'd be just as concerned about "Christian" law. :wink:
medic wrote:mrdbeau FTW!
Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. -2 Corinthians 1:9

God Bless, HK!

NORTHERN RAIDER
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later

Post by NORTHERN RAIDER » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:30 am

Chantrea wrote:
NORTHERN RAIDER wrote:
Possibly because the C of E and Jewish communities have no desire to destroy or change our culture from its normal north european roots, I have yet to see a Vicar, or Father, Pastor, or whatever the jewish dudes are called campaign for a holy way against western society.
With respect, that's because they already did their massacres, intra- and inter-denominational civil wars, purges, and religious clensings centuries ago. The 'northern european' roots that I believe you're referring to are largely imports. Even in the history of the UK, it's not like there wasn't suppression of culture and religion even on the island against the Welsh, Cornish, Scottish, ect. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.
That is the point exactly, most religous types and groups have advanced since the dark ages, we dont do crusades or inquisisions or fatwahs etc, but Islam still does, as the poor buggers in the Marriot hotel in Pakistan just found out.

I for one simply can not see what purpose religion serves in the 21st century, it belongs in a time long since past when fear and superstition ruled, not enlightened education and science, religion.
Still if folks feel the need to worship some diety then fine, so long as they keep their faith private and within their homes it does no harm. But I saw first hand in Ulster the effects of one groups following the teaching of one version of a book, while their neighbours followed another version and they have spent decades killing each other over a book designed as a commercial venture by the vatican. No religion is worth killing for.
A Dog is not just for Christmas, the Cold cuts will last until New Year.
Be alert, Lerts dont have accidents.

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:38 am

7.) No debating of politics or religion.
To help discourage any of the above rules from being broken, we make a point to avoid these types of debates. It makes it a lot easier for us to all get along and helps us stay focused on our root topics--survival and zombies. There are lots of other great forums out there dedicated to debating politics and religion if you wish to do so.
I'm going to lock this down. It's been fairly civil so far but it has crossed the line and I don't want arguments. I have a headache and you guys use caps lock way to much. :D

[Locked and Buried]

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”