Possible disasters in my/your area?

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kukushka

Possible disasters in my/your area?

Post by Kukushka » Thu May 01, 2008 7:01 pm

Hey all

Does anyone know of a website that tells you of possible disasters by location ( state / province ) ?

If not maybe we could start a list of things in your area that you could be prepared / preparing for. There may be some ideas out there that you may have not thought of.

I live in Alberta ( Canada ) and am trying to go through all my bug out senario's to make sure me and my family will be safe no matter what happens

Thanks Eh!! :D

Doryman

Post by Doryman » Thu May 01, 2008 8:17 pm

I don't know of any websites, no.

Here;s a few

-Economic collapse.
- Forest fire
- Hurricane (you'll be fine, mainlander :lol: )
- Flooding
- Blizzards/ Ice Storm (remember Quebec)
- Civil Disturbance
- Zombies

If you're near the Oil patch, you should definitely look out for Refinery fires or explosions. Keep your driving route a safe distance away, don't buy propery near a pipeline, etc.
Also, be prepared for an economic shutdown due to inexplicaple loss of Newfies. The Diaspora's always moving, eh?
That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

-George Orwell

shenkhu

Post by shenkhu » Fri May 02, 2008 12:25 am

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index.php?lang=eng

this is probably what you are looking for kukushka... it is one of the best pre-PAW-tool i've seen so far and tell about flash floods, wildfires, volcanic activity, epidemic, vehicle incidents, violent incidents... not zombies tho...cauz they don't exist
in the begining, there were man and wolfes, not quite enemies, not quite friends.

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Fri May 02, 2008 1:58 am

In the UK the Environment Agency have regular alerts on environmental nasties -- mostly floods. You can subscribe to a mailshot to be alerted, too.

http://environment-agency.gov.uk/
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

SSgtMobley

Post by SSgtMobley » Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 am

http://www.zombiehunters.org has proven to be one of the fastest methods of collated disaster related news I've seen. :)
"Give me a long enough lever, a fulcrum and a place to stand and I will move the world." - Archimedes

Ashemaru

Post by Ashemaru » Fri May 02, 2008 3:55 pm

shenkhu wrote:http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index.php?lang=eng

this is probably what you are looking for kukushka... it is one of the best pre-PAW-tool i've seen so far and tell about flash floods, wildfires, volcanic activity, epidemic, vehicle incidents, violent incidents... not zombies tho...cauz they don't exist
That's a sweet site, shenkhu.

"When your bow is broken and your last arrow
spent, then shoot, shoot with your whole
heart."

Kukushka

Post by Kukushka » Fri May 02, 2008 7:51 pm

great info guys :D

and about the oil patch stuff, ill give er some thought eh :wink:

shenkhu

Post by shenkhu » Sat May 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Ashemaru wrote:

i'm not the first to point it here, actually, i found it from ZS a couple of months ago
in the begining, there were man and wolfes, not quite enemies, not quite friends.

GoldEagle

Post by GoldEagle » Sun May 04, 2008 10:13 am

shenkhu wrote:
Ashemaru wrote:

i'm not the first to point it here, actually, i found it from ZS a couple of months ago
Same for me.

I find that the website makes me paranoid.
Doryman wrote: "Searching for beautiful, intelligent, entertaining girl with BIL. Must send picture of BIL."

Sergeant Shultz

Post by Sergeant Shultz » Mon May 05, 2008 8:01 am

Very nice resource. I will make that part of my daily read, along with http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php . Good stuff.

Festus Hagen

Re: Possible disasters in my/your area?

Post by Festus Hagen » Mon May 05, 2008 11:13 am

Kukushka wrote: I live in Alberta ( Canada ) and am trying to...make sure me and my family will be safe no matter what happens
Dream on. Safety is an abstract idea that does not exist in nature.

That is all.
“What do you say we gather the camp elders; Be perplexed amongst friends?” – Al Swearengen (Deadwood)

suntzu

Post by suntzu » Mon May 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Anybody in NC know what the epidemic is?

Kukushka

Post by Kukushka » Mon May 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Festus Hagen wrote:
Kukushka wrote: I live in Alberta ( Canada ) and am trying to...make sure me and my family will be safe no matter what happens

That is all.
thanks for the positive input, sure its not guarenteed but better to be prepared... isnt that what we are here for. :roll:

Festus Hagen

Post by Festus Hagen » Tue May 06, 2008 11:30 am

You're welcome.

It's probably just semantics, but imagining the more likely scenarios and taking reasonable steps to prepare for them makes a lot of sense, IMO. Trying to make sure you will be safe no matter what happens? Down that path lies obsession and madness. Remember, no matter what you try to do.... WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

As for me, if I lived in Alberta, I'd own a good sleeping bag. That's all I got.
Kukushka wrote:
Festus Hagen wrote:

That is all.
thanks for the positive input, sure its not guarenteed but better to be prepared... isnt that what we are here for. :roll:
“What do you say we gather the camp elders; Be perplexed amongst friends?” – Al Swearengen (Deadwood)

Kukushka

Post by Kukushka » Tue May 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Festus Hagen wrote: As for me, if I lived in Alberta, I'd own a good sleeping bag. That's all I got.
funny you should mention that ... it was the first thing in the BOB :D

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”