Israel vows "forceful response" to HAMAS rocket attack

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Israel vows "forceful response" to HAMAS rocket attack

Post by absinthe beginner » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:36 am

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/ ... 26437.html

An early morning rocket, allegedly fired from the Gaza Strip, struck a home in central Israel on Monday, wounding seven people and prompting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to cut short a trip to Washington.

The developments set the stage for a potential major conflagration, shortly before Israel's upcoming elections.

The rocket attack destroyed a residential home in the community of Mishmeret, north of the city of Kfar Saba, wounding six members of the family.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... rt-us-trip

A major Israeli assault on the Gaza Strip is considered imminent after an early Monday morning long-range rocket launch from the strip struck a house in central Israel.

The attack destroyed a residential home in Mishmeret, an agricultural town north of Tel Aviv, which reportedly left at least seven Israelis injured, including children, after the family was able to escape the flaming building.

Israeli TV images showed a badly damaged residential house which police said had also burst into flames as a result of the direct hit. Though Israeli's foreign ministry was quick to identify the launch as originating in Gaza, the Palestinian side had not confirmed the attack.

Crucially, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu quickly announced early Monday that he was immediately returning to Tel Aviv, cutting short his visit to the United States so he can “respond forcefully” to the rocket, according to The Wall Street Journal.

The WSJ also predicted that the rocket attack is likely to prompt "strong Israeli military retaliation" especially as it comes just two weeks ahead of Netanyahu's most high pressure reelection campaign of his career, and as the prime minister faces down indictments related to multiple corruption charges and a rising opposition.

In a video message early Monday, Netanyahu said, "There has been a criminal attack on the State of Israel and we will respond forcefully." He added, "In a few hours I will meet with President Trump. I will return to Israel immediately afterward."

Elrikk

Re: Israel vows "forceful response" to HAMAS rocket attack

Post by Elrikk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:38 pm

This has “false flag” written all over it.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:40 pm

Elrikk wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:38 pm
They would never do that..... ::mumbles:: Lavon Affair
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:27 am

Halfapint wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:40 pm
Elrikk wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:38 pm
They would never do that..... ::mumbles:: Lavon Affair
Israel cares about flags? ::mumbles:: USS Liberty
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:28 am

I support Israel in their right to protect their land, as granted to them. If this was an attack from palistinians then they have the right to retaliate.

I just worry this has something to do with Netanyahu being indicted for charges trying to drum up support.

I called it with Turkey and the fake coup a few years ago, which turned out to be a power grab.

I just wish people would get the hell along and stop killing each other over bullshit ideas of diety superiority. /endrant
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:52 am

Nah, it is about the land, God has nothing to do with it.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 am

Halfapint wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:28 am
I just wish people would get the hell along and stop killing each other over bullshit ideas of diety superiority. /endrant
AMEN.

colmer

Post by colmer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Random attack at innocent civilian is something cannot be tolerated. Can't blame if Israel will retaliate.

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun May 05, 2019 8:14 pm

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/ ... 55397.html

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered "massive strikes" on the Gaza Strip after a two-day escalation that killed 24 Palestinians and four Israelis.

Israeli warplanes and gunboats continued to target the Gaza Strip on Sunday as fighters in the besieged enclave fired a barrage of rockets into southern Israel.

A 34-year-old Hamas commander was killed in what the Israeli military described as a targeted strike. An army statement accused Hamad al-Khodori of "transferring large sums of money" from Iran to armed factions in Gaza.

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/bloody- ... nce-2019-5

Deadly violence between Israel and Gaza escalated Sunday in the most extreme strikes since the last full-blown war between the areas in 2014.

The four Israelis were the first civilians to die since a clash in the summer of 2014 when over 600 rockets were fired toward Israel from the Gaza Strip.

As Israel issued counterstrikes on the homes of several Palestinian militant commanders and on individual fighters, the Palestinian death toll rose to 23, according to the New York Times.

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 pm

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conf ... ion-588796

Iran, through Palestinian Islamic Jihad – its proxy in Gaza – is behind the current escalation in the South, former national security adviser Yaakov Amidror said on Sunday.

Amidror, in a conversation with The Israel Project, traced the current round of massive rocket fire on Israel to Friday, when an Islamic Jihad sniper fired on IDF soldiers patrolling the Gaza border, wounding two officers. Israel responded and killed two Hamas men, and then the rocket barrage began from Gaza.
What made Friday’s shooting on the IDF patrol interesting, Amidror said, was that it took place precisely when Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders were in Cairo putting the finishing touches on an agreement drawn up by Egypt that was designed to ease the tension in the South.

But while its leaders were in Cairo, Islamic Jihad fired on the soldiers. At first, the organization tried to deny responsibility for the attack.

“Why did the Islamic Jihad do this?” Amidror asked. “The answer is again and again and again – Iran.”

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun May 05, 2019 9:46 pm

US is sending threats of retaliation and air craft carriers.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon May 06, 2019 12:10 am

Stercutus wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:46 pm
US is sending threats of retaliation and air craft carriers.
Well, one aircraft carrier, the Lincoln. Stennis will likely stay in the eastern Med while the Lincoln task group transits the Suez Canal and Red Sea to come around to the Arabian Sea and into the Gulf of Oman, maybe even into the Persian Gulf.

Fun, fun, fun in my old stomping grounds.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Mon May 06, 2019 8:59 am

Israel opts for military war of attrition against Hamas/Jihad rocket aggression

https://www.debka.com/israel-opts-for-m ... ggression/

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Mon May 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Iran’s Badr 3 missile debuts against Israel in Palestinian rocket offensive

https://www.debka.com/irans-badr-3-miss ... offensive/