Rioting in Germany

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jor-el

Rioting in Germany

Post by jor-el » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:36 am

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/93882 ... t-machetes
Horror on streets of Germany: State of emergency declared as 80 men brawl with MACHETES
A HORRIFYING street battle between 60 men armed with machetes and metal pipes forcing a state of emergency to be declared in Duisburg.
By Rob Virtue
PUBLISHED: 12:41, Thu, Mar 29, 2018 | UPDATED: 14:32, Thu, Mar 29, 2018

Police were called to the Altmarkt area of the city over reports of the mass bawl. Officers used CS gas to control the brawling men.

The scores of men were also using telescopic batons in the fight in Druisburg, which is on the west of Germany.

Police said they were spat at and had objects hurled at them.

Around 50 people were arrested and onlookers captured the brutality in shocking photos.

Those arrested refused to explain what sparked the fight and 30 people were later released.

A police official told the newspaper Der Westen: "There are three rival groups. It may be a conflict between Turks, Lebanese and Kurds.

"Unlike with a demonstration of that size, we do not have a contact person, nobody wants to talk to the police.”

He added: "The officers got the situation under control before it escalated."

Betwwen 20 to 30 people were on each side of the fight in Monday night's incident and police said the majority of those arrested were from a Lebanese background.

The police spokesman said similar incidents had taken place the previous night and the week before. Police are looking into whether there is a connection.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Rioting in Germany

Post by raptor » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:25 am

The last 3 paragraphs have an interesting choice of verbiage. The shut it down before it escalated which implies a fight involving 80 is not unusal.

Apparently 20 to 30 people per side and incidents has happened recently.

So I would say large groups of (~80)people with machete in fights are not uncommon apparently.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 pm

raptor wrote:The last 3 paragraphs have an interesting choice of verbiage. The shut it down before it escalated which implies a fight involving 80 is not unusal.

So I would say large groups of (~80)people with machete in fights are not uncommon apparently.
That doesn't jibe with typical fights in NYC involving that many with machetes. Because they're not. At all.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Nothing to see here... Move along.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:20 pm

raptor wrote:The last 3 paragraphs have an interesting choice of verbiage. The shut it down before it escalated which implies a fight involving 80 is not unusal.

German is a difficult language. Hopefully that is a translation problem.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 pm

jor-el wrote:

That doesn't jibe with typical fights in NYC involving that many with machetes. Because they're not. At all.

Turks control most of the drug trade in Germany, specifically hash. Likely a new group of Lebanese was trying to move in on the trade. Machetes and impact weapons are easily available but guns are not (to non-citizens). When I was stationed in Germany (shortly after the Great War) It wasn't at all unusual for GI's to get dog piled by a group of Turks who would appear out of nowhere armed with impact weapons, often a length of pipe with some electrical tape, when a drug deal soured. After administering a beat down they would disappear as quickly as they had appeared. Easy way to avoid this was to stay out of the drug areas, also most often the red-light district in whatever city they were in. If you had to go there for some reason just ignore the guy saying; "shoosh, shoosh?"

Truthfully, I have been expecting a clash between the Turkish immigrants and the Syrian immigrants for some time now.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Stercutus wrote:
jor-el wrote:

Turks control most of the drug trade in Germany, specifically hash. Likely a new group of Lebanese was trying to move in on the trade. Machetes and impact weapons are easily available but guns are not (to non-citizens). When I was stationed in Germany (shortly after the Great War) It wasn't at all unusual for GI's to get dog piled by a group of Turks who would appear out of nowhere armed with impact weapons, often a length of pipe with some electrical tape, when a drug deal soured. After administering a beat down they would disappear as quickly as they had appeared. Easy way to avoid this was to stay out of the drug areas, also most often the red-light district in whatever city they were in. If you had to go there for some reason just ignore the guy saying; "shoosh, shoosh?"

Truthfully, I have been expecting a clash between the Turkish immigrants and the Syrian immigrants for some time now.
" shortly after the great war" What are you like 120 years old ?

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:01 pm

flybynight wrote:
Some days... Just to give you an idea there was still a Berlin Wall when I arrived.
You go over and under
I go through

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:33 am

I remember them building it.
And when Hawaii & Alaska became states.

Your turn.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:55 am

Stercutus wrote:
flybynight wrote:
Some days... Just to give you an idea there was still a Berlin Wall when I arrived.
OK Just checking great granpa. :awesome:

World War I (often abbreviated to WWI or WW1), also known as the First World War, the Great War, or the War to End All Wars,[5] was a global war originating in Europe that lasted from 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:32 am

Mercedez Benz. German engineering. Turkish workers. The latter part is never part of the advertisement.

No wall. Wall. No wall. Wall again. If you thought 1945 was interesting, wait till you see 2045.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:16 am

ZombieGranny wrote:I remember them building it.

Your turn.
I personally love that there are people with experience on this site. How do we recruit more?
And Granny, did you ever meet General Grant?
Henry David Thoreau

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:31 am

Asymetryczna wrote:

Your turn.
I personally love that there are people with experience on this site. How do we recruit more?
I don't get how she is old enough to remember them building it. Because if she was really that old how could she remember it? :D
You go over and under
I go through

CG

Post by CG » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:41 am

Stercutus wrote:
Asymetryczna wrote:

Your turn.
I don't get how she is old enough to remember them building it. Because if she was really that old how could she remember it? :D
Y'all better watch it or she won't share any cookies...
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:42 am

I started to write "she's not up yet," but then I decided she had already done all of her chores for the day, read the newspaper, baked some bread and worked with 3 guns out behind the barn. :roll:
Henry David Thoreau

CG

Post by CG » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:56 am

Aikibiker wrote:

German is a difficult language. Hopefully that is a translation problem.
Especially since the article says a state of emergency was declared. Perhaps the officer was basically meaning before there were any deaths or major injuries? I don't see anything saying anybody went to the hospital, as they would in American news.
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:28 am

If the groups connected there were injuries.

ZombieGramps makes the bread, I make the alcohol.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Stercutus wrote: I don't get how she is old enough to remember them building it. Because if she was really that old how could she remember it? :D
I don't remember the wall being built. I do remember JFK's funeral though. I also did however go to the DDR (East Germany) as a tourist once.

Stercutus wrote: Turks control most of the drug trade in Germany, specifically hash. Likely a new group of Lebanese was trying to move in on the trade.
This brings logic to whole incident.
I go by the rule of "Follow the money." when something does not make sense. In this case the drug sales are the money.

Thanks for the insight.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:37 pm

I read a few articles today. The Lebanese are trying to move in on the Turkish drug trade in certain areas like Berlin and other places. Also there have been some inroads with locals buying synthetics from China and reselling them locally. A lot of the violence goes unreported for obvious reasons.
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”