Islamic Terror Attacks in Europe

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Suicide Bombing in Germany

Post by the_alias » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:29 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36880758
A failed asylum seeker from Syria killed himself and injured 12 other people after setting off a bomb near an open-air music festival in the German city of Ansbach, officials say.

Bavaria's interior minister said the 27-year-old man detonated a backpack device after being refused entry to the festival in the southern city.

About 2,500 people were evacuated from the venue after the explosion.

It is the third attack in the state of Bavaria in a week.
Man is a beast of prey

quazi

Re: Suicide Bombing in Germany

Post by quazi » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:43 am

Here's hoping none of the injured people end up dying.

TacAir

Re: Suicide Bombing in Germany

Post by TacAir » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:53 pm

THank goodness the security folks refused entry - what would a backpack bomb have done in the much more crowded area?
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

aikorob

New attack in France

Post by aikorob » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:16 am

Two knife-wielding attackers who had pledged allegiance to ISIS, shouting "Allahu Akbar," slit the throat of an 84-year-old priest and critically wounded at least one other person during a Tuesday morning terror attack on a Catholic church near the Normandy city of Rouen, officials said.

The terrorists were later shot and killed by police. ISIS' Amaq news agency said the France attack was carried out by two Islamic State "soldiers," Reuters reported.

Priest Jacques Hamel was killed in a terror attack on a France church.

"[ISIS] has declared war on us," French President Francois Hollande said Tuesday. "We must fight this war by all means, while respecting the rule of law -- what makes us a democracy."

The priest, identified by Sky News as Jacques Hamel, was dead at the scene, and another person, possibly a nun, was clinging to life, Interior Ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet said.

The church is in the French region of Normandy.

"Everyone knew him very well," Claude-Albert Seguin, 68, said of Hamel. "He was very loved in the community and a kind man."

The killing Tuesday inside the church, in the small northwestern town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, "is obviously a drama for the Catholic community, for the Christian community," Brandet told reporters.

The church was reportedly on a "hit list" discovered at the residence of a would-be ISIS attacker in April 2015, The Sun reported. Sid Ghlam was believed to be planning "imminent attacks" in France when investigators arrested him. Officials allegedly uncovered an arsenal of weapons and found that Ghlam was talking with someone in Syria who had ordered him to strike specific churches -- including the one in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray.

One of Tuesday's attackers was on the radar of French police and had traveled to Turkey, said Mohammed Karabila, president of the Regional Council of the Muslim Faith for Haute-Normandie.

"The person that did this odious act is known, and he has been followed by the police for at least a year and a half," he told the AP.

Karabila said the attacker "went to Turkey and security services were alerted after this."

The attackers, who were not immediately identified, entered through the back door of the church and took the priest, two nuns and two parishioners hostage during morning Mass, police said.

Police responded and later confirmed that the attackers had been "neutralized," Sky News reported. Three hostages were rescued in good condition, while another was taken away on a stretcher, according to reports.

French prosecutors said one person had been detained in connection with the assault. That person, however, was not named and any possible role in the attack wasn't revealed.

Hollande and Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve were heading to the northwestern town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray where the hostage-taking took place, Brandet said.

Brandet, speaking later on BFM TV, said the RAID special intervention force was searching the church and its perimeter for possible explosives. Terrorism investigators had been summoned, he said.

Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, said in a statement Tuesday that the attack hits particularly hard "because this horrific violence took place in a church, a sacred place in which the love of God is announced, and the barbaric murder of a priest and the involvement of the faithful."

Lombardi called the attack "more terrible news, that adds to a series of violence in these days that have left us upset, creating immense pain and worry."

Pope Francis, Lombardi said, has expressed "pain and horror for this absurd violence, with the strongest condemnation for every form of hatred and prayer for those affected."

France is currently on high alert after an attack in Nice on Bastille Day — July 14 — that killed 84 people and a string of deadly attacks last year claimed by ISIS that killed 147 victims.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: New attack in France

Post by the_alias » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:19 am

We might need a generic "Islamist terror in Europe" thread at this rate...
Man is a beast of prey

Stercutus

Re: New attack in France

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:13 am

the_alias wrote:We might need a generic "Islamist terror in Europe" thread at this rate...
Probably should just go ahead and make it "Islamist terror in the West" or "ISIS War of Terror on West" or even "ISIS War of Terror on the World". You can lump them all in there.

We haven't even discussed a number of the attacks. With their attacks and efforts combined we are now into thousands dead, hundreds of thousands if you include the early reign of death in Iraq with their genocidal campaign there.

All I know for sure is that we won't be getting much help from any the leader of ANY central government in going to the source of the attacks and stopping them there. This is the struggle of our time and the leaders of the West have their heads stuffed up their bottoms.

Need Proof?
The astonishing revelation – made on French news channel I-Tele – claims one of the terrorists lived close to the church and fled to Syria in 2015 to join the Islamic State, but was arrested in Turkey.

He was jailed for terrorist offences following a short trial in France, before being released on March 2 this year.

Bail conditions included returning to live with his parents, wearing an electronic tag, and reporting to his local police station.

French president Francois Hollande, who has arrived in the town following the attack, said the men “claimed to be from” ISIS and reiterated that France is at war with the terror group.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1503398/i ... ge-attack/
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Islamic Terror Attacks in Europe

Post by raptor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:48 am

I am setting up this thread because of the many threads we have on the subject. The plan is to have one got to thread for the many incidents now occurring.

Please feel free to add future events to this thread.

That said lets hope this thread dies because it is not needed.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Islamic Terror Attacks in Europe

Post by raptor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:12 pm

More information on the despicable murder of the 86 year old priest during mass.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... riest.html
According to his bail conditions, the electronically tagged terrorist was allowed out unsupervised between 8.30am and 12.30pm. Today's attack took place between 9.45am and 11am.
The attack did not violate his parole conditions. :roll:

The nun was able to get out as they were filming the despicable act.
The nun, who wished to remain anonymous when talking to Le Figaro, said: 'They came suddenly. They took space. They spoke Arabic. I saw a knife.
'I left when they began to attack the Father Jacques. I do not even know if they realised that I was leaving.'
She said she was being supported by the critical incident stress management team and was waiting for news on her friend who was injured in the attack.
The terrorists reportedly shouted 'Allahu Akbar' before filming themselves carrying out the sick attack.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 pm

raptor wrote:I am setting up this thread because of the many threads we have on the subject. The plan is to have one got to thread for the many incidents now occurring.

Please feel free to add future events to this thread.

That said lets hope this thread dies because it is not needed.
Good luck with that. From Wikipedia:
List of terrorist incidents, 2016
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The timeline list of terrorist incidents which took place in 2016, including attacks by violent non-state actors for political, religious, economic, ethnic, nationalistic, other or unknown motives is split up by month. Many of the attacks are suspected terrorist incidents, as the motive is often unclear and can take a long time to investigate:

List of terrorist incidents in January 2016
List of terrorist incidents in February 2016
List of terrorist incidents in March 2016
List of terrorist incidents in April 2016
List of terrorist incidents in May 2016
List of terrorist incidents in June 2016
List of terrorist incidents in July 2016
List of terrorist incidents in August 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ents,_2016

The "JV team" seems to be giving everyone hell.
You go over and under
I go through

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:18 pm

It is not even August 2016.
Yet the wikipedia article has a category set up for them.

Is this a case "build it and they will come" or simply resignation to the likely/inevitable?

Let the tin foil hattery begin

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:40 pm

raptor wrote:It is not even August 2016.
Yet the wikipedia article has a category set up for them.

Is this a case "build it and they will come" or simply resignation to the likely/inevitable?

Let the tin foil hattery begin
Way past tin foil hattery. I suggest kevlar
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:51 pm

You go over and under
I go through

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:42 am

Not being of the blond haired and blue eyed variety I don't think I would want to travel to Bavaria any time soon. They keep getting hit with their government doing nothing to stop it and the lash back is gonna be nasty.

You can only push the Germans so far before the lederhosen and silly dancing goes away and they pull out the feldgrau and start with the silly marching.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

aikorob

Post by aikorob » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:28 am

don't know if this is another jihadist.......................or Hans und Franz have finally had enough

Police deployed in Bavaria amid report of explosion
Published July 27, 2016 Associated Press

BERLIN – German police say they have deployed officers near a refugee accommodation center and a branch of the country's office for asylum-seekers amid reports of an explosion.

Local broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk reported, without citing sources, that a suitcase containing several spray cans blew up near the refugee center in Zirndorf, outside the city of Nuremberg.

There was no word on any injuries.

Police told news agency DPA they couldn't confirm or deny that report.

The area is in northern Bavaria, which has seen two attacks claimed by the Islamic State group in the past 10 days.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:39 pm

No one was injured in the attack but jeez.

Here is a thought...if you are offended ... do not go to the pool. I am not sure if this was a public or private pool but swimming in the nude is common in Europe in both public and private pools and beaches. Get over it or avoid it.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/693 ... im-Geldern

Eyewitnesses said the six men, who were "apparently insulted" by the nudity, spat on the swimmers after branding them "sluts" and "infidels".

One victim said: "They said women are all sluts and they would eradicate us all. This contempt and potential to be aggressive was very scary."

The men, who all had "full beards", burst into the pool moments after being asked to leave last Wednesday, according to employee Lisa-Marie Theunissen.

That and they are lucky the polizei did not ventilate them for doing assuming rightly based upon their actions they have intended more violence than the saliva assault. I know in the US that spitting on a person can lead to assault charges. I am not sure how that works in the Germany.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Well it's good thing this whole thing isn't about religion.

Islamic culture has a long and broad detailed history of violence, persecution and prosecution under Sharia Law against people who do not conform to the accepted sexual norms within Islam that persists to this day around the world. This contrasts badly with German culture where public nudity is acceptable under certain circumstances and there very few limitations on sexual behavior.
Last edited by Stercutus on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
You go over and under
I go through

B&Q

Post by B&Q » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:00 pm

So far in this thread I have seen The Sun, The Daily Mail and The Express quoted together with Wikipedia and The BBC

If you want a serious discussion you would probably be best advised to leave out the British tabloids.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:02 pm

B&Q wrote:So far in this thread I have seen The Sun, The Daily Mail and The Express quoted together with Wikipedia and The BBC

If you want a serious discussion you would probably be best advised to leave out the British tabloids.
If you want a serious discussion you should point out inconsistencies within the quoted portions of the sources and instead of an attack on the source. Just because the town drunk says something does not mean it is untrue.
You go over and under
I go through

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:28 pm

B&Q wrote:So far in this thread I have seen The Sun, The Daily Mail and The Express quoted together with Wikipedia and The BBC

Feel free to fact check and post better sources as appropriate.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:16 pm

" Zombie squad, making dead things deader since 2003 " . "Serious discussion". Sometimes I just gotta laugh. Come on that's f n funny
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:55 pm

flybynight wrote:

" Zombie squad, making dead things deader since 2003 " . "Serious discussion". Sometimes I just gotta laugh. Come on that's f n funny

Somewhere along the way we have become less funny. Gosh, even when I actually had to face terrorist assholes everyday I kept more of a sense of humor. I guess the lack of it comes from knowing that this was all avoidable in theory and yet not avoidable due to the lack of will by certain people. This makes it all kind of sad and our leaders pathetic.
You go over and under
I go through

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:40 am

GEE SURE AM GLAD THERE'S NO POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION GOING ON HERE.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:19 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:GEE SURE AM GLAD THERE'S NO POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION GOING ON HERE.
Did you notice that it was a thread about religiously motivated terrorist attacks? I guess not. There is no discussion about the religion per se, simply pointing out the attacks that are religiously motivated.

There is no discussion of politics either. If you read politics into something that is on you.
You go over and under
I go through

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:50 am

Stercutus wrote:Well it's good thing this whole thing isn't about religion.

Islamic culture it the most sexually repressed culture I have ever heard of. I say that having been immersed in the culture for three years and studied it about half as long. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that this will go away without restriction on freedoms in Germany.
Stercutus wrote: I guess the lack of it comes from knowing that this was all avoidable in theory and yet not avoidable due to the lack of will by certain people. This makes it all kind of sad and our leaders pathetic.
NOPE NO RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL DISCUSSION HERE, NOSIRREE.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”