Riots in St Louis?

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kilo147

Re: Riots in St Louis?

Post by Kilo147 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Somebody needs to kill that goddamn LRAD. Fucking Christ, they are using it at point blank range for. Ten minutes at a time.

VICE News: Live From the Streets of Ferguson, Mis…: http://youtu.be/CmqHVKNZkhM
I am Mike Brown Live from Ferguson, MO by KARG Argus Radio on Livestream - Livestream.com http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035 ... s/59784135

Goddamn Fucking County cops incited the violence this time. A single water bottle was tossed at them, they form battle lines, aim guns at reporters, and drive a truck through the crowd pointing actual automatic weapons at civilians cowering in pain from the fucking LRAD . No fucking mercy for them.

County cops are. Openly threatening reporters. Just told female reporter for Vice, "you better keep moving or you'll get roughed up"
Last edited by Kilo147 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Kilo147 wrote:Somebody needs to kill that goddamn LRAD. Fucking Christ, they are using it at point blank range for. Ten minutes at a time.
I suggest that you turn off the sound on your pc if it is bothersome. Maybe go focus on something else?
Last edited by raptor on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 pm

I just seen ordinary people who are protesters making a human chain to stop trouble makers from getting to the police. Also heard they're stopping looters. Makes me proud of my fellow humans. Way to go!

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 pm

County police just ordered press to leave.

You wanna know what a goddamn police state looks like? Watch those streams. Fucking hell, this is turning into Judge Dredd level insanity.

Police are falling back.

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Kilo147 wrote:County police just ordered press to leave.

No, they were ordered back to the media area. And it was the state police

Press has been ordered to return to the press area by state troopers (majority were in the street) - We are Mike Brown Stream
/u/bmxcaleb
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:21 pm

God, look at that battle line. I count at least a hundred fifty officers.

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:30 pm

You wanna know what a goddamn police state looks like? Watch those streams. Fucking hell, this is turning into Judge Dredd level insanity.

Police are falling back.
Are you going to be buying a ticket and fly to STLO to participate? Your eerrr enthusiasm is interesting to watch.

Not to harsh on you, but you might want to tone it down a bit. And BTW - Judge Dredd was a comic book.....
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:45 pm

TacAir wrote:

Police are falling back.
Are you going to be buying a ticket and fly to STLO to participate? Your eerrr enthusiasm is interesting to watch.

Not to harsh on you, but you might want to tone it down a bit. And BTW - Judge Dredd was a comic book.....
He should.

The transformation from this:
Kilo147
Post subject: Re: Rapid Military Takeover WWYD
Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Replies: 62
Views: 1867

Assist the soldiers how I can while keeping myself alive. Upon up the spare bedroom, pull out some cots, and offer to cook some good meals. If it's that damn bad, what have I got to lose by being useful?
....to now is the mark of a true convert.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Back on track... here is an article about one of the many small business people potentially ruined by the looters. These looted stores are in many cases the sole asset of these small business owners and the losses may or may not be covered by insurance.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08 ... e-is-this/
A business owner in Ferguson, Missouri, watched in horror as rioters destroyed and looted his store, the Dellwood Market, on Sunday night. Luckily, Mumtaz Lalani wasn’t at his store at the time, but he watched a live video feed of the chaos from his home.

After unsuccessfully trying to break into the establishment, one protester is seen firing bullets into the storefront. Rioters then proceed to “ransack the liquor and cigarette cabinets,” CNN’s Jake Tapper reports. Two women also reportedly attempted to light the business on fire.

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:59 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/EliKMBC/stat ... 9679329280

Hot fucking damn. They got the guys tossing molotovs. One of them looks to be a white supremacist.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:14 am

I think some folks need to chill out. On to the subject at hand, how are folks using their preps in the area? Crypto has show he's making great use of his comms/IT preps. Nobody has had to use firearms or body armor. Has anyone dug into their food preps to avoid going shopping in or near the disturbance?

Does anyone have or is using a gas mask or sealing their windows lest drifting tear gas waft into their neighborhood?
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:41 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote:Does anyone have or is using a gas mask or sealing their windows lest drifting tear gas waft into their neighborhood?
CNN do, and are:

https://twitter.com/rdevro/status/50158 ... 09/photo/1
On the plus side they're not wearing body armor or helmets, so it's not Maidan-in-Missouri yet.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:45 am

Those weren't rubber bullets, those were Federal/Nerf HST 'FEARplugs' less-lethal ammunition!

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

RepoMan73
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by RepoMan73 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:03 am

Kilo147 wrote:Somebody needs to kill that goddamn LRAD. Fucking Christ, they are using it at point blank range for. Ten minutes at a time.

VICE News: Live From the Streets of Ferguson, Mis…: http://youtu.be/CmqHVKNZkhM
I am Mike Brown Live from Ferguson, MO by KARG Argus Radio on Livestream - Livestream.com http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035 ... s/59784135

Goddamn Fucking County cops incited the violence this time. A single water bottle was tossed at them, they form battle lines, aim guns at reporters, and drive a truck through the crowd pointing actual automatic weapons at civilians cowering in pain from the fucking LRAD . No fucking mercy for them.

County cops are. Openly threatening reporters. Just told female reporter for Vice, "you better keep moving or you'll get roughed up"
You have some serious issues with the police dude. Heaven forbid they try to restore order after a week of anarchy or disperse clusters of rioters before things escalate.

That LRAD hurts? Go home. Don't want to get pushed back by the police? Don't throw stuff.

Actions = consequences

I have to say that I am surprised by the restraint shown by the police. People are throwing firebombs and shooting each other but the police haven't discharged their weapons once. Pretty impressive for a "police state". Firebombs pretty much meet the criteria for a deadly weapon and a deadly response from the police would be lawful.

If a beat cop showed up on a call for service and some guy was in the parking lot about to toss it at them, it's almost a certainly that they would be shot. I wonder if the protesters aren't so stupid as to throw it directly at them? Any info on where all these molotovs are directed at?
My opinion...60% of the time, it's right every time!

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:12 am

So one person throws a plastic water bottle, you form a battle line, raise your guns at peaceful protesters, turn on the LRAD, and push people back, telling them that if they aren't moving, they'll be arrested, then after a fucking white supremacist tosses a shitty molotov, they round up the media into "first ammendment zones" and threaten to arrest anyone not in the designated zone, on the far other side of town? If this were the police telling you that your second amendment rights do not apply, you'd be sitting bricks.

And yes, white supremacists. They've been coming to the town, by their own admission, to raise shit. Every one of the troublemakers is from out of town, primarily Chicago.

Fuck this. I'm out.

RepoMan73
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by RepoMan73 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:37 am

Kilo147 wrote:So one person throws a plastic water bottle, you form a battle line, raise your guns at peaceful protesters, turn on the LRAD, and push people back, telling them that if they aren't moving, they'll be arrested, then after a fucking white supremacist tosses a shitty molotov, they round up the media into "first ammendment zones" and threaten to arrest anyone not in the designated zone, on the far other side of town? If this were the police telling you that your second amendment rights do not apply, you'd be sitting bricks.

And yes, white supremacists. They've been coming to the town, by their own admission, to raise shit. Every one of the troublemakers is from out of town, primarily Chicago.

Fuck this. I'm out.
I'm sorry if this comes across as rude but you tend to get a little too amped up at any actions by the police. If the police reacted this forcefully simply over a thrown water bottle I would agree with you (mostly). However you need to put the situation into perspective.

A full week of violent riots, buildings looted or burned, thrown firebombs, people shot and killed...

The police have probably had enough of this shit. They tried heavy tactics then backed off and let them vent. They even marched with them at one point. This didn't stop the destruction. Now the NG had to be called out. I'm pretty sure they have a zero tolerance now and I don't blame them one bit.

I know you hate to see the police in action but it's not your neighborhood on fire is it?

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:43 am

Kilo147 wrote:So one person throws a plastic water bottle, you form a battle line, raise your guns at peaceful protesters, turn on the LRAD, and push people back, telling them that if they aren't moving, they'll be arrested, then after a fucking white supremacist tosses a shitty molotov, they round up the media into "first ammendment zones" and threaten to arrest anyone not in the designated zone, on the far other side of town? If this were the police telling you that your second amendment rights do not apply, you'd be sitting bricks.

Fuck this. I'm out.
:?

Do you mean the Black Supremacists? The Nation of Islam and the NBPP have been there all week and more have been coming in agitating. It has not been well covered in the media (you will see if you look at what they are saying and doing) but they have made a number of "press releases".

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08 ... onference/

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/38 ... son-andrew

I can't imagine a white supremacist getting within ten miles of Ferguson and coming out alive.

ETA: In fact if you click on the video link at the first link the reporter accidentally says EXACTLY why they don't want the coverage of the statements by NBPP as soon as the guy says it. Look at 4:06 to 5:13 on the first video.

:roll:
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:23 am

RepoMan73 I watched various live streams last night and there were no Molotovs at the main police line, just a bunch of peaceful protesters (the occasional thrown water bottle aside) and the media roped off into a goofy media zone. The "snipers" were also back on top of the armored cars again. Still not sure what that's all about.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:54 am

I can't help but try to reason out the underlying issues with this large of a crowd being able to exist for this amount of time.

The level of unemployment, the amount of poverty, the years of proven repression. These factors all add up into a snowball of _____ that is melting. Considering that as the facts of this case come out point toward Mr. Brown being a violent offender, who used intimidation as a weapon, a drug user, and a cop puncher, I have to believe that the reason for the continuation of the violence is no longer the death of the "gentle giant".

It is something more at this point, and I can't imagine what that something is without running afoul the rules, if true or not.
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

RepoMan73
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by RepoMan73 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:12 am

Kommander wrote:RepoMan73 I watched various live streams last night and there were no Molotovs at the main police line, just a bunch of peaceful protesters (the occasional thrown water bottle aside) and the media roped off into a goofy media zone. The "snipers" were also back on top of the armored cars again. Still not sure what that's all about.
I think it's a smart precautionary move. There are armed people in the crowd. It's very possible someone will get enough courage to shoot at the police. A big line of cops is an easy target.
Snipers/spotters offer the best way to counter that. If I were in charge I would have them scanning the crowd for anyone with incendiary devices with orders to call out threats.

Heck they are useful for intimidation and deterrence. I'm ok with that too.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:19 am

AFAIK I had seen people using their firearms preps to defend their businesses. Not firing them, but just having them as a deterrent.

The comms preps are obviously coming into use and showing their value. With all the gassing use by police lately at many such incidents across the country, I've been considering the gas mask preps more seriously. Looking into the Israeli made units myself.

On the LRAD, I'm wondering if there is a way to defeat that as well - ear plugs? Ear defenders? Noise cancelling headphones? Anything? I think I need to learn more about how those work. I'd hate to be minding my own biz when that thing comes though town, sitting in my home or bugged in trying to avoid the whole thing, and get hit with that. I'd also worry about what it would do to my pet's ears/hearing.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 am

DJH wrote: The comms preps are obviously coming into use and showing their value. With all the gassing use by police lately at many such incidents across the country, I've been considering the gas mask preps more seriously. Looking into the Israeli made units myself.
I'd look for one that doesn't have a filter that would get in the way of aiming down a rifle. If you are a righty, get an external filter on the left or internal filter that's inside the cheek pads.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:35 am

NamelessStain wrote:
DJH wrote: The comms preps are obviously coming into use and showing their value. With all the gassing use by police lately at many such incidents across the country, I've been considering the gas mask preps more seriously. Looking into the Israeli made units myself.
I'd look for one that doesn't have a filter that would get in the way of aiming down a rifle. If you are a righty, get an external filter on the left or internal filter that's inside the cheek pads.
Good call. Hadn't thought of that, my concerns have been all face seal and type of filter canister used up to now. I want to make sure whatever I get uses the NATO 40mm (or a 60mm that I can use an adapter on) for ease of finding replacement filters. I've played Metro, and I know running out of filters sucks. :mrgreen:
But this is a discussion better for a separate thread... /OT
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:04 am

Haven't seen it reported on any of the major networks (Just in print and net publications), but the rioters sure are throwing a lot of Molotov's.

So I can kind of see why the officers would react to water bottles being thrown.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”