Riots in St Louis?

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Confucius

Re: Riots in St Louis?

Post by Confucius » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Well that escalated quickly...

I'm guessing tonight ends badly.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035 ... ts/3271930

itzybitzyspyder
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living DeadBoth), Dawn of the Dead(both, 28 Days Later, the crappy ones on SyFy channel, B movies

Post by itzybitzyspyder » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:12 pm

I don't mean to spam but you have to see this!
http://www.livestream.com/activistworld ... rldnewsnow
~sent via pigeon with a note on it's foot

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Huffpost reporter arrested and released:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 ... 76829.html

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Where the fuck is the National Guard?

Neptune Glory
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, The Crow (technically a Zombie!), Lost Boys (Vampires are Zombies, too!)

Post by Neptune Glory » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm

My wife grew up in Ferguson. She wanted to go and help with clean up efforts today, during the daylight hours, with our two year old daughter in tow.

And she was too afraid, and justifiably so, about civil unrest harming her and our youngest daugher.

Fuck these fuckin' fucks.
-Neptune
"When it comes to justifiable use of deadly force, you should seek to avoid confrontation, unless you have no choice and your life is on the line. This is easier to say than to do because it requires that you be calm and peace-loving throughout your life, but ready to use deadly force at any moment."

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Is the live stream gone? I'm getting replays on the "I am Mike Brown" feed and the previously linked feed switched to Gaza. What's going on?
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Hey kilo, I dont mean to be a wet blanket on a sentiment a lot of people are feeling, but please try to keep the commentary out of it. Its not super productive, unfortunately.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

anianna: I think the Alex Jones guy's batteries died and he stopped.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Anianna wrote:Is the live stream gone? I'm getting replays on the "I am Mike Brown" feed and the previously linked feed switched to Gaza. What's going on?
All I got was a green line, but you could hear audio.

The guy was talking about getting hit with a tear gas canister and then started talking about his GERD. WTF?!
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 pm

crypto wrote:Hey kilo, I dont mean to be a wet blanket on a sentiment a lot of people are feeling, but please try to keep the commentary out of it. Its not super productive, unfortunately.
Question still stands. Seeing as they are attacking members of the press, harassing the media, and generally breaking every law they can, how long until the National Guard comes in and tells them to back the hell off?

jeffmw

Post by jeffmw » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:07 pm

I live in Ferguson have been sense I was born. My 35 years in Ferguson I have never seen anything like this. I even had to leave for a night to go to my sisters. I am back now. But I never thought I would have to leave my home over so thing like this.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks, crypto. They had three feeds going and they went down one by one and then switched over to completely different news.

Browning 35 wrote:
Anianna wrote:Is the live stream gone? I'm getting replays on the "I am Mike Brown" feed and the previously linked feed switched to Gaza. What's going on?

The guy was talking about getting hit with a tear gas canister and then started talking about his GERD. WTF?!
Yea, that's a replay of what happened about an hour ago. I switched to RealAlexJones on Ustream, but he's gotten away from the action and we're missing the cops supposedly firing on Al Jazeera America journalists. I wonder if AJA got some footage of that.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Kilo147 wrote:
crypto wrote:Hey kilo, I dont mean to be a wet blanket on a sentiment a lot of people are feeling, but please try to keep the commentary out of it. Its not super productive, unfortunately.
Question still stands. Seeing as they are attacking members of the press, harassing the media, and generally breaking every law they can, how long until the National Guard comes in and tells them to back the hell off?
They'll stay out of it until the Governor of Missouri calls them in.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 pm

As much as I think there needs to be a 3rd party to step in and stop the mess, I'm torn on if the NG would improve the situation... :/
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Al Jazeera reporter was just live on ALJAM describing what happened to them. A tear gas canister landed among them as they were trying to move their equipment as the crowd moved away. They were then approached by police, evacuated in a SWAT vehicle away from the situation, and are no longer in a position to record anything that goes on.

∩(=^_^=)

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 am

In regards to the question about the National Guard, do you really think a 5th star would de-escalate things?

The governor just released a statement that looks more critical of the police than the protestors, and he's going to be on scene in the morning. I've got to say, I'd much rather the military not be involved. But at the same time, these cops keep fucking up with the whole world watching, and that has to stop.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:58 am

Holy shit, Im just hearing about this. What a clusterfuck. Although I don't condone what the people are doing, i can't help but to think that the police aren't handling very well and it seems a bit excessive and unnecessary, especially with all the military gear they lugging around, but thats a conversation I'll leave for a different forum as it could get political fast and I'd hate to see this thread locked since it's providing such good info and updates.

I cant help but to feel terrible about people in the area are going through and I would just say to stay away from all this if possible.

I hope that the agencies in question speed up the investigation process to end this quickly. Although I would say that brining in the NG would deter or stop further chaos, Im afraid that it would cause a chaos of its own, because, what if it doesn't stop people from messing up their own city? Situation could get out of hand (or more out of hand) really quickly

Tagged this post for updates.

airmandan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by airmandan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:12 am

51 year old white male on patrol in his neighborhood with shotgun, requesting to not be shot by police.

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:28 am

airmandan wrote:51 year old white male on patrol in his neighborhood with shotgun, requesting to not be shot by police.
He's a freakin' idiot for going on "patrol" in his neighborhood armed and alone in a area where there's civil disturbance.

-To the police he'll look like a looter looking for someone/thing, even if he is a white male.

-to rioters he'll look like easy pickings. Hey, free shotgun!

People seem to forget that during the LA riots it wasn't individuals "patrolling" with longarms that deterred rioters, it was groups posting on roofs or being counters in their stores.

HrothBull

Post by HrothBull » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:21 am

crypto wrote:
Stercutus wrote: Nah, maybe Mosul light. Shirt sleeves, mostly semi-auto rifles, no machine guns, lighter armor, shotguns, lighter skin vehicles etc, etc.
Good point, it was hot today.

They had the deltoid protectors and NVG's yesterday.

EDIT: Hey at least one of them has a paintball gun full of pepperballs, so at least they're trying.
This is why I plan on bugging in for most SHTF scenarios. Between the looter/raider types and these tacticool trigger happy LEOs I probably would not make it a block from my house.
You need to be kitted out to keep the looters at bay but if you are kitted out there is a chance the cops will kill you. If you go grey man you might not have enough to keep hard core looter/raider types off your ass but it MIGHT keeps cops from shooting you.
It looks like anyone carrying a pack/bag will get a lot of attention during civil unrest type of scenario. They are ready to kill this guy carrying a shoulder bag. Imagine if he was bugging out with a Blackhawk/hiking pack, hiking boots etc? What if they search the backpack and find your EDC gun? You could get shot right there or go to jail.

Prayers going out to the people in Ferguson.

nolongpork

Post by nolongpork » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:48 am

From the live feed I am watching:

"Media you are hereby directed to turn off your cameras."

Something interesting is going to happen soon I think.

This is why if you are bugging in stay away from the outside walls.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 am

nolongpork wrote:From the live feed I am watching:

"Media you are hereby directed to turn off your cameras."

Something interesting is going to happen soon I think.

This is why if you are bugging in stay away from the outside walls.
They've been saying that all night and it pisses me off. I know the protestors are largely concerned with the race issue aspect, but they need to be concerned about police attacks on the media, too. Every protester who can should be out there with a cell phone or video camera in hand. Police across the country have been increasingly hostile to people legally video taping them and that's a problem.

∩(=^_^=)

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:16 am

Browning 35 wrote:

Yea, that's a replay of what happened about an hour ago. I switched to RealAlexJones on Ustream, but he's gotten away from the action and we're missing the cops supposedly firing on Al Jazeera America journalists. I wonder if AJA got some footage of that.
Thanks for the link.

Looks like the situation is way out of control. Police shooting journalists and residents in their yards with tear gas and rubber bullets. I mean fuck, have they never heard of freedom of the press?

I'm definitively not on the side of the rioters, but these cops are just running amok.

According to the news I'm watching now Anonymous supposedly just released the name of the officer. Haven't heard it yet.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:28 am

Yup, just out of line to suppress the media (at least in this country).
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”