New Survival Forum

Useful links. If you want to pimp a site related to the forum discussions do it here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

New Survival Forum

Post by TheFreakinBear » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:03 pm

Tommygun and I have put together a survival website and forum which you can catch at http://www.theomegaman.org/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The website portion is under construction right now as I'm waiting for Tommygun to finish writing up the "mission statement" so to speak. No strings attached, no dickslinging, no BS. We've got about 34 members so far with 10 of them starting to post regularly. Don't worry about the 13yr old mall ninjas as they will be banned faster than they can say "ZOMG NO WAI!".
ImageImage

E

Re: New Survival Forum

Post by E » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm

I like the look of the site man.
Hope you can spend enough time between the two :D
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Once you dread potential danger
You are bound by fear...
Fear is the only enemy.
Face the enemy

Hatch
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Land of the Dead, Night of the Comet, Resident Evil, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Hatch » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Just out of curiosity, what was the impetus for starting your survival forum? I notice you have a political forum, and your forum rules are less formal than here on ZS. Was a venue for less limited speech a factor in starting this new forum? Were there some elements you wanted to explore or develop that aren't present in the ZS forum? Or did you just want to try your hand in running a forum? To be clear, I'm not criticizing, I applaud your effort - I was just wondering about the motivation.

--Hatch
3d6. That's how I roll.

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Hatch wrote:Just out of curiosity, what was the impetus for starting your survival forum? I notice you have a political forum, and your forum rules are less formal than here on ZS. Was a venue for less limited speech a factor in starting this new forum? Were there some elements you wanted to explore or develop that aren't present in the ZS forum? Or did you just want to try your hand in running a forum? To be clear, I'm not criticizing, I applaud your effort - I was just wondering about the motivation.

--Hatch
A venue for less limited speech was a factor as well as deeper elements into survival. I want my forum to be more interactive as far as "teach me how to tie a certain knot" or "How can I build shelter out of what is just out in the woods?" that type of stuff. I do want to try my hand at running a forum as I think it's a good experience but also, I feel there should be a good in between. By that I mean, I wanted a forum that was a little bit of Hotel23 and ZS. I don't want all the dick slinging and flaming but I also want to be able to talk politics and religion - just have those two stay within their own topics and not go all over the board.
ImageImage

TheFreakinBear

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Bump :!:
ImageImage

Return to “Links”