Limb Removal

Topics regarding the study of zombie behavior and physiology. Know your enemy.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

elricfate

Re: Limb Removal

Post by elricfate » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:33 pm

ThePhuckStopsHere wrote:Well , I suppose I can do that . Fair enough . I've been a bit of a pain in the ass and I admit that .
From now on I won't mention the whole " salvage " thing anymore . I'll continue to use poor grammar and choppy sentences cause that's how I roll . And BTW anyone need Zombie Insurance? Check the links section ....
I really love how you keep spamming the forum with your fake business to try to get money in your hands. We get it, you think you have a cute idea and think the internet is dumb enough to give you money for it. You don't have to post it in its own topic, post it in this topic, put it in your sig, shove it down our throats, rape us with it.
ElricFate's DIY .22/.177 Bullet Trap
ZombieSquad Reservist
I survived Zombie Con 2014/2015 (Tickcon)/2016

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:38 pm

elricfate wrote:
ThePhuckStopsHere wrote:Well , I suppose I can do that . Fair enough . I've been a bit of a pain in the ass and I admit that .
From now on I won't mention the whole " salvage " thing anymore . I'll continue to use poor grammar and choppy sentences cause that's how I roll . And BTW anyone need Zombie Insurance? Check the links section ....
I really love how you keep spamming the forum with your fake business to try to get money in your hands. We get it, you think you have a cute idea and think the internet is dumb enough to give you money for it. You don't have to post it in its own topic, post it in this topic, put it in your sig, shove it down our throats, rape us with it.

Pretty much. This is me as a long time member, and not as a mod. Please contribute, or go away. Seriously.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Horatio_Tyllis wrote:
elricfate wrote:

Pretty much. This is me as a long time member, and not as a mod. Please contribute, or go away. Seriously.
This is where I'd post a pick from Bad Boys with Matin Lawrence saying "Shit just got REAL" but I don't have the skillz. can ya help me out, anyone?
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Grey Mann

Post by Grey Mann » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:47 pm

An armed man is a citizen; an unarmed man is a subject.
Do not go gentle.

ThePhuckStopsHere
Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Post by ThePhuckStopsHere » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:56 pm

I apologized . Hopefully you can be big enough to accept that.
I'll be happy to limit my Internet Startup Venture to the links section but it will remain in my signature .
Once again I apologize for raising the ire around here . I'm big enough to admit my mistakes and understand that everyone has their say .

Grey Mann

Post by Grey Mann » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:00 pm

While we're negotiating, can we make it a standard for you that your posts be at least as long as your signature? It seems pointless to type away when you contribute less information with each submission than one reads immediately below each of your posts. :wink:

Okay, done being an asshole. Back to your regularly scheduled internets.
Do not go gentle.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:20 pm

elricfate wrote:

Well, the good news is that you can save 30% on your zombie insurance by switching to ZAICO.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Grey Mann

Post by Grey Mann » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Do not go gentle.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Since we're having fun: when a limb is traumatically amputated, you have 60 seconds at the most to apply a tourniquet. You have ten minutes to properly treat for shock, and 1 hour to get the amputee to a surgical hospital. Within the first ten minutes of getting a TQ on the limb, if it immediately stops the bleeding, there is a 1/3 chance that the patient will die. If the patient survives that first ten minutes, there's a 50% chance that the patient will not survive the next 50 minutes. Thats with a paramedic on scene within the first 60 seconds (doubtful, since your "elite" ZS team couldn't even cover each other) and a medevac with at least one more paramedic that monitors you all the way to your surgery room, pushing lactated ringers and constantly checking pain management and bleeding.

I'll point you to Weapons Safety Rule #2, from the Gospel of Not Doing Stupid Things, military edition (copyright 1950)
And thou shalt not point, directly or indirectly, the muzzle of a Weapon in thine possession at anything that thou dost not want heavily perforated or Stone Dead. Such an act shall heretoforward be known flagging, and shalt be punishable in training by a Turtle-Fucking, or excessive repetitions of the Rules as set forth in this tome. In matters civilian, acts of flagging shalt be cause for a Flying Tackle and major Beating of Ass, so sayeth Chesty, so say we all.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:49 pm

ThePhuckStopsHere wrote: ...blah blah blah removed his pinky finger blah blah blah...

Gambino

Post by Gambino » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Last edited by Gambino on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete!!!

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Just don't (in your shock & haste) use the same machete you were just killing zombies with, to amputate the bitten limb (or at least clean it with bleach first) :D

Btw, that exact thing happened in a story, in the fiction section, of THIS forum... ZS answers your oddest questions, before you even ask them!

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Keep in mind that a shotgun will likely not amputate your arm.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

ThePhuckStopsHere

Post by ThePhuckStopsHere » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

This sounds gruesome and painful , but what about cauterizing the bite with mag powder or gun powder? If you pre made a kit that could be used within seconds , yeah it would hurt like slamming your entire body in a bank vault door , but it may save your life !?!

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Holy crap, gun powder to cauterize wounds?!?! I want you try it first. Take some powder and put it in some thick, viscous non-flammable fluid. Yeah....
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:28 pm

ThePhuckStopsHere wrote:This sounds gruesome and painful , but what about cauterizing the bite with mag powder or gun powder? If you pre made a kit that could be used within seconds , yeah it would hurt like slamming your entire body in a bank vault door , but it may save your life !?!
You're on a roll, dude.

elricfate

Post by elricfate » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Regular Guy wrote:Holy crap, gun powder to cauterize wounds?!?! I want you try it first. Take some powder and put it in some thick, viscous non-flammable fluid. Yeah....
I saw that in a movie once.
ElricFate's DIY .22/.177 Bullet Trap
ZombieSquad Reservist
I survived Zombie Con 2014/2015 (Tickcon)/2016

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 pm

elricfate wrote:
Regular Guy wrote:Holy crap, gun powder to cauterize wounds?!?! I want you try it first. Take some powder and put it in some thick, viscous non-flammable fluid. Yeah....
I'm pretty sure it's use in reality has been disproven multiple times.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm

ThePhuckStopsHere wrote:I have a couple things to say about this :
A police officer friend of mine faced a situation during a drug house raid where a cracked out hooker came at him from his right side blind spot and stabbed at him with a hyperdermic needle , he's left handed and the needle pierced his no ex glove and dug deep into his pinky finger , in what he describes as occurred in less than 10 seconds he gave her 2 shots center mass , pulled off his glove and with his Tanto knife ( which is sharp enough to split atoms ) removed his pinky finger at the middle knuckle . Testing of the dead woman , the needle , his severed finger all tested positive for HIV and Hepatitis , his blood tests have come back clean with no signs of infection .
He told me his doctor said because the blood moves at a slower rate to fingers and toes it gave him enough time for what he did to work . Now if it's an arm or leg? Probably not gonna be the case .

The other thing is :
Scavenging , there isn't one swinging dick on this forum or in the world for that matter that won't be going through stores , and houses/apartments in the worst case scenario of the ZPAW . Everyone is going to do what they HAVE to do to survive and that's the bottom line .

but not as cool as:

Chainsaws are better because the ripping of the flesh makes it easier to heal up than shotguns.

Hail to the king, baby 8-)
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Grey Mann

Post by Grey Mann » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 pm

elricfate wrote:
They did it on the Discovery Channel, too.

Never seen a former SOF guy that close to crying in my life. :?
Do not go gentle.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:38 pm

Biggin wrote:
elricfate wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's use in reality has been disproven multiple times.
Fuck, it's not even physically possible. Big clue, wet powder will not burn. Stop phuck, just stop.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:42 pm

ThePhuckStopsHere wrote:This sounds gruesome and painful , but what about cauterizing the bite with mag powder or gun powder? If you pre made a kit that could be used within seconds , yeah it would hurt like slamming your entire body in a bank vault door , but it may save your life !?!

Thats almost as reasonable as dynamite arrows or shooting down a HIND-D with a M-60. Good thinking, champ.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Ricerageous

Post by Ricerageous » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:45 pm

crypto wrote: Image

Thats almost as reasonable as dynamite arrows or shooting down a HIND-D with a M-60. Good thinking, champ.
It might save your life.

At some point, matters of personal taste become simple questions of basic decency.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey, do not PHUCK with my dynamite arrow fantasy!

0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Return to “Zombie Biology”