We've been getting a lot of requests from folks who want to host a seminar this year. I assume that's because you've heard there is a discount for Z-con. To clear that up before people get all excited, there is some work involved.
We will be more than happy to work with anyone who wants to give a presentation that is up for doing the work to present it. Below are a few guidelines, which are flexible but keep them in mind:
- We prefer presenters attend at least one Z-con before committing to hosting a panel. We are willing to wave this under certain circumstances. If you have a really awesome skill/trade you would like to share then we have been known to wave this requirement if you can prove your experience on the topic.
- The demonstration should be within an hour in length. Keep in mind that your seminar isn't supposed to formally train anyone how to become proficient with the topic you are presenting. The goal is to expose people to it and get them interested in learning more about it.
- We would like you to supply some sort of additional information that can be handed out during the presentation and emailed to the z-con attendees later. This gives them an idea about where to learn more about the topic you got them interested in. We have a budget for seminars so we can reimburse you for the cost of handouts.
- Try to make it fun and interactive. Be prepared for lots of questions.
- The conditions where Zcon take place are rough. It's obviously outdoors and the terrain is NOT ideal. That's the way we like it.
If you are interested in hosting a panel we need the following info from you sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Your name
2) Your seminar description
3) A short explanation about the topic you want to present and a short outline of what you plan to present at Z-con
4) What sort of equipment or other needs you require for the panel