The ZS Forums new role, the Arbiter

Zombie Squad news will be posted here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Re: The ZS Forums new role, the Arbiter

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:28 pm

I can actually say that this works, and quite well too.

It gives responsibility to someone that is knowledgeable in a particular area and ownership. I did the same thing when I started my forum. They are simply forum moderators as this isn't a single forum but multiple forums broken up into the ZS Forums. I put people that joined my forum, that I knew could be trusted, had knowledge and experience in forum moderator positions throughout my forums until a back-up/restore went awry and screwed everything up so I can say from experience it works out.

I would give those same people rights to see the admin/mod forum which is where we would discuss various ideas, thoughts, and suggestions without having to worry about any outside sources that might bother us like spam for example...nobody likes spam...not willfully anyway.

I think this is a good idea and I can remember Kyle and I talking about it once through PMs a good year or so ago. I'm just glad to finally see it implemented. Having Arbiters in various forums is better than having more global mods because the Arbiters are centralized, in a matter of speaking, but you can still set them up so that they can have very basic global moderator permissions so they can move topics from their forum to the proper forum, and still be able to create stickies, announcements, etc.

Kudos!
ImageImage

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 pm

TheFreakinBear wrote: I think this is a good idea and I can remember Kyle and I talking about it once through PMs a good year or so ago.
We did? I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I'm glad to hear it worked out for you though. Hopefully, we have good results as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 pm

They have already had one benefit - rhi had an idea to standardize the post names for hurricanes. He PM'd that to raptor and dogbane who agreed. Dogbane PM'd me since I had started one of those, and now we can have easier to use titles in the Disasters forum

<storm level><storm name><area><year>
TS Ana Atlantic 2009
TS Claudette GOM 2009

makes it easier to look at the headers and see what's important to you.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:24 pm

kyle wrote:
TheFreakinBear wrote: I think this is a good idea and I can remember Kyle and I talking about it once through PMs a good year or so ago.
We did? I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I'm glad to hear it worked out for you though. Hopefully, we have good results as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!
LOL Yes we did. When I was still in Texas. It was over the phone as a matter of fact. I think it was just after New Years when Brad was hanging out with us. It's a hell of an idea for a forum of any size.
ImageImage

kaoskingnd

Post by kaoskingnd » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:07 pm

I like the idea. I quit posting because there was always at least one troll in a given area, doing there best to derail a subject or crap in your Wheaties. This is the reason I have not completely joined the ZS.
Don't get me wrong it's a great site, but the problem children do have no clue how to be civil or intelligent.

Off with there heads! Just kidding.....not. :evil:

Return to “Announcements”