where would you take shelter if zombies attacked?

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Drethos
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, zombie land

Re: where would you take shelter if zombies attacked?

Post by Drethos » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:47 am

My house in painted post, NY. Land is easily livable, plenty of things to eat, fresh clean water in almost unlimited quantities in a well in my hills. A creak that when it all goes down i will dam it off (EPA wont be around to say no) so ill have plenty of fish in a few seasons. My closest neighbor is a good distance away, the 1200acre state land is on the other side with open land front and back. The house would not do well in an all out assault but bug out will be easy. Preparations would be destroying the bridge that connects the road in front of my house to the southern part of my area. The north would be blocked with vehicles and fencing. The woods will spread out the horde to make them easier to pick off and the difficult landscape will slow them down drastically. I have plenty of storage for supplies, food, water, ammunition, etc. My basement is dry after i fix the heating system leak. The local population is only around 5,000-10,000 people total, many of who are thinking preparedness for snow storms and probably secretively zombie Apocalypse.
Walmart is in my mind a place to avoid, its going to be a first thought for a lot of people and when the horde charge in it will be first target for the onlsaught. Bugout would be the cabin in the hills behind my house. Not well made but far an off out of sight that only a few will make to the house. That is if they made it through the field, thick viscus mud, the randomly flooding back creek, up the narrow steep pathways, and over the plethora of fallen trees.

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:35 am

Phoenix David wrote:
Lynxian wrote:Close all the blinds and hope no zombie is smart enough - or no resident stupid enough - to open the appartment gallery door....snip...
Oh you know someone will open he door "to see what's going on" or "we need to help them". These are the same people that will go down into a dark unlit basement with a .99 Cent store candle and no extra matches, where 36 people have been killed by a hokey-mask wearing chainsaw toting serial killer that only comes out on Halloween because they think they heard a kitty cat done there.
Oh yeah, you're totally right. It's somewhat what I was aiming at; in the event of a zombie apocalypse, I'm completely and utterly doomed, due to the stupidity of others. The fact that Dutch weapon and self defense laws limit me to calling 'shoo, shoo' while defensively holding a candle (not lit, of course) isn't really helping. ;)
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

ThePhuckStopsHere
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Post by ThePhuckStopsHere » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Costco , no windows , steel roll doors , enough food and medicine to last 100 years .

Omega DR
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (remake), Night of the Living Dead(1990), The Zombie Dairies, 28 Days Later

Post by Omega DR » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Probably, not at my house. I live way too close to a Medical Center, Ground Zero for any ZA.

RizenReid
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead and any zombie movie, even if its cheesy.

Post by RizenReid » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:48 am

Lol
ZOMBIEFREAK
shoot them in the head biotch

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Omega DR wrote:Probably, not at my house. I live way too close to a Medical Center, Ground Zero for any ZA.
If you have a cute German sherperd as a dog then I totally see you becoming mankind's saviour.

*cough*I Am Legend*cough*
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Lynxian wrote: Oh yeah, you're totally right. It's somewhat what I was aiming at; in the event of a zombie apocalypse, I'm completely and utterly doomed, due to the stupidity of others. The fact that Dutch weapon and self defense laws limit me to calling 'shoo, shoo' while defensively holding a candle (not lit, of course) isn't really helping. ;)
Me too, I live in England.......Come to think of it, I don't think I'd be allowed to hold a candle (even defensively) and it would be " Please 'shoo " in the palest pink voice I could manage :cry:
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

DarkandShiny
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I'm pretty pedestrian:
Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead etc.

Post by DarkandShiny » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm a big fan of 'Bugging In'. I only work a few miles from my home. I've got a year's supply of food, guns and ammo, lots of medical supplies, and cooking/heating fuel. In isn't a bomb shelter, but I'm confident I could hold up there for a long time comfortably. Right now, finances being what they are, bugging out with the wife and kids isn't a good option for us. In the future all of my preparations will be focused to that end as that is where there's need.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Finch wrote:
Oneswunk wrote:At home till that is no longer the best place to be then off to a little land I have upstate.

If all else fails I'll be under Finchs bed.

i'm going to walmart/the sewage/ an abandoned weather station/home dept or anyone of the many places that have been suggested here since Tuesday :)

so you can have it

in reality i'm staying home. Swunk if you bring ammo/food/whores you are welcome

how do you feel about white rice and spam?
I thought we were going to start a landfill kingdom? :cry:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Plazzman

Post by Plazzman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 pm

I'd stay home, first thing I'd do is bleach my monstrous bath tub and fill that bad boy with water. Next thing I'd do would be to collapse the ..massively lost my trend of though just saw the hottest black woman ever.. sigh desperately need to grow a pair and talk to people seriously.. On topic I'd throw myself face first into a huge crowd of zombies : /

wyecoyte

Post by wyecoyte » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:21 am

Lets see where would I go...

I'll have to answer in a moment I think I heard a kitty cat downstairs. Funny we don't have a cat. I'll just grab this cheap candle I got from the dollar store and go down and check. To bad the lights don't work well. They did supposedly kill that hokey-mask wearing guy last year that killed 39 people so what do I got to be worried about. They never found a body but you know rivers. Which reminds me glad I sharp end the chain the other day on the chainsaw. Boy, I hate relighting this candle with this cheap lighter that barely works. Hey think I heard the kitty cat Dow the dark path by all that junk. Well where did I put that chainsaw not where I thought I left it at?

Look guys I'll get back to you soon as I find that kitty cat.

MattZF

Post by MattZF » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:46 pm

I will grab my back packs i already have packet and my weapons and go to the insane asylum where I work, 7 stores high, and 400 rooms with fire proof doors, screened windows and
You have to have keys to enter the building and every door inside has to be unlocked. And features a 3 underground fallout shelters

Google it: Western State Hospital, Christian County, KY

Sent From my ATRIX using Tapatalk

Nutpantz

Post by Nutpantz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:06 pm

I would live on a ladder because they can't climb ladders...

All spelling and grammar errors the fault of my phone.
Equality can only exist between equals.
Civilization implies division of labor, division of labor implies subordination and subordination implies injustice and inequality.

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:14 pm

I wouldn't assume anything. Maybe they *can* climb ladders. Why not? Maybe they can swim? Maybe they can walk underwater and show up at supposedly safe islands. All bets are off, baby.

Moved to Zombie Combat Tactics, by the way. :twisted:
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

Post by smokinbunta » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm

DarkandShiny wrote:I'm a big fan of 'Bugging In'. I only work a few miles from my home. I've got a year's supply of food, guns and ammo, lots of medical supplies, and cooking/heating fuel. In isn't a bomb shelter, but I'm confident I could hold up there for a long time comfortably. Right now, finances being what they are, bugging out with the wife and kids isn't a good option for us. In the future all of my preparations will be focused to that end as that is where there's need.

^^ his place? lolz

ill probably get sucked into the chaos of the initial panics and die with the rest of them like helpless cattles.. or try to make it out to a friends house bout 30mins out in the country(with 7 acres or more on every house their area, so plenty of clear views) and try to convince them to take me in while we come up with something?

universal_exports
Favorite Zombie Movies: day of the dead

Post by universal_exports » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:25 pm

where would I go,

I think the local jail it is built to keep people in, so it should keep people out, and you even have a yard to grow stuff in that is surrounded with chain link and razor wire.

plenty of cooking tools, and probably a big pantry, cooler, freezer, generators, and plenty of cells to secure my stuff in. and a look out tower, perfect for the zombie apocalypse.

foxx

Post by foxx » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:27 pm

MattZF wrote:I will grab my back packs i already have packet and my weapons and go to the insane asylum where I work, 7 stores high, and 400 rooms with fire proof doors, screened windows and
You have to have keys to enter the building and every door inside has to be unlocked. And features a 3 underground fallout shelters

Google it: Western State Hospital, Christian County, KY

Sent From my ATRIX using Tapatalk

This seems best. You're already getting the best Zombie training while you work! Hope you have some utilities after TSHTF, lights will come in handy when trying to find the right key(s) to get down to those dark fallout shelters. :roll:

Really depends on utilities for me. I don't live off the grid, and given this house is all electric, I'd be hot or cold, and in the dark while eating canned food cooked over a fire. Could be worse, we have a fireplace, light and heat! :wink:

Finch
Favorite Zombie Movies: GAR's Dawn of the Dead

Post by Finch » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:33 pm

universal_exports wrote:where would I go,

I think the local jail it is built to keep people in, so it should keep people out, and you even have a yard to grow stuff in that is surrounded with chain link and razor wire.

plenty of cooking tools, and probably a big pantry, cooler, freezer, generators, and plenty of cells to secure my stuff in. and a look out tower, perfect for the zombie apocalypse.
You own a jail?
AR/590/9mm/EOTech/GLOCK/Scooter Hater/Pie/Blue wire/pro-bayonet/The NRA/.50 beo>.458 SOCOM

my blog: GarandThumb.com

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Finch wrote:
universal_exports wrote:where would I go,

You own a jail?
I own a dungeon...... O wait thats different. :lol:
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”