flashlight club

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Dwreck12

flashlight club

Post by Dwreck12 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:28 pm

i recently got an LED flashlight/club from a truck stop. The bright light from the end may not make a zombie react much... but it would blind it while you move into a better position for escape or attack, right? http://postimg.org/image/cdg0yt007/

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: flashlight club

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Dwreck12 wrote:i recently got an LED flashlight/club from a truck stop. The bright light from the end may not make a zombie react much...
This thread isn't what I hoped it would be. :crazy:

Be that as it may, the zombies that I have encountered most certainly do react to bright light; they head right toward it. See, they don't recoil from what you or I would perceive as uncomfortable sensory stimuli. Since they are, after all, unthinking, unfeeling, undead minions of doom.

Their dark eyesight is what it is (actually pretty poor in my experience). All I'm saying is bright light isn't going to impair a zombie's vision any more than it already is.

A bright flashlight doesn't so much blind a zombie as simply draw it to you. It has about the same effect as ringing a dinner bell. YMMV.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed May 07, 2014 4:25 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Dwreck12 wrote:i recently got an LED flashlight/club from a truck stop. The bright light from the end may not make a zombie react much...
This thread isn't what I hoped it would be. :crazy:
Yeah, but you can learn why people find Rhianna's body appealing at the link. One of those big mysteries of life I always wondered about.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Got yourself a Mag-Lite? C cell or D cell? Honestly, if your 'flashlight/club' ain't built like a Mag-Lite, you probably can't use it as a club. There's a reason cops use them, and it's not just as a light source.

Would be nice to find an aftermarket attachment that would give it a spiked end like a mace. :crazy:
It can always get worse.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:56 pm

I can't speak for other brands, but the Maglite works well. 4D is my preferred flavor.

viewtopic.php?t=28702

It performed better than any of the other items tested.

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”