Junior, the MilCopp Rifle Mascot

Training questions, approaches and reports

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

doc66

Junior, the MilCopp Rifle Mascot

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:24 pm

As most of you know, we had the MilCopp Rifle course this weekend and on day two, I brought along Junior. She's a 14 year old shooter who can't wait to take the class.... During lunch we did some drills to keep her occupied.

Her mom and I believe that to gun proof a child, you have to give them a firearm. She already has a .22 rifle of her own and now wants a pistol and an AR of her own. She's gonna kill me in ammo costs!

http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

doc66

Re: Junior, the MilCopp Rifle Mascot

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 pm

A girl and her rifle....

I'm really proud of her.
Last edited by doc66 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Is that Mom in the first picture? Classic! :D

northernxposure

Post by northernxposure » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Seriously good stuff.

NXP

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Mr. Bob wrote:Is that Mom in the first picture? Classic! :D
That's Jeriah's wife! She was making sure that he wasn't getting out of control....seriously, she was taking pics of the class and also Junior while she shot.

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:35 pm

That is just too awesome. Looks like a bright young lady. Appears to learn fast. Love the elbow down stance. Shooting wolf? I thougth the AR would explode on contact with non brass ammo. Where's her "WWOD" Mac?
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:That is just too awesome. Looks like a bright young lady. Appears to learn fast. Love the elbow down stance. Shooting wolf? I thougth the AR would explode on contact with non brass ammo. Where's here WWOD Mac?
You know, I don't think we got pics of her shooting the MAC! She shot the MAC, a M16 in 5.56 and .22, also a suppressed Ruger MK. It was a good day for all of us.

Nakago

Post by Nakago » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Say what you want, but I see people at the ODNR range on a weekly basis that have significantly worse form than she does.

That, and I believe there was more than one occasion than she was tellin' guys to not fly their elbows. Fantastic.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:14 pm

It was really great to meet her. She's a cool little girl, has a really great attitude. I remember her saying, "It's really hard to be at a shooting range and not shoot!" Love that enthusiasm.

It was also really funny watching the guys try to control their language around her. "What do you do to clear a double feed?" "Drop the mag, rack the operating handle, and then finger f...er, prom da...um, stick your finger in there and make sure the chamber's clear..."

And then, from Don, "Alright, team Dead Hooker, over here!"

I'm just imagining, Prom Night, 2014, when she hands her date a jammed rifle and expects him to clear it for her. "I dunno, that's what my dad said you're supposed to do for me as my prom date."

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Mr. Bob wrote:Is that Mom in the first picture? Classic! :D
Here's Mom.

Shooting her .45...

At the first MilCopp Tactical class before we were MilCopp...

Love 'em both.

Jeriah, I tried to get everyone to not worry about their language... remember? I know, it's hard not to edit yourself. And I love the Prom Night description...

She was telling me today that she was "correcting" her classmates on the legalities of Full Auto and suppressed firearms. I guess that she's going to be "that kid".
Last edited by doc66 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E

Post by E » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:19 pm

god damn

why can't i find a woman like that? (age appropriate of course) :D

she probably shoots better than me :oops:
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Once you dread potential danger
You are bound by fear...
Fear is the only enemy.
Face the enemy

SimonZayne

Post by SimonZayne » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Jeriah wrote:It was also really funny watching the guys try to control their language around her. "What do you do to clear a double feed?" "Drop the mag, rack the operating handle, and then finger f...er, prom da...um, stick your finger in there and make sure the chamber's clear..."

And then, from Don, "Alright, team Dead Hooker, over here!"

I'm just imagining, Prom Night, 2014, when she hands her date a jammed rifle and expects him to clear it for her. "I dunno, that's what my dad said you're supposed to do for me as my prom date."
Short Shit has spent too much time around me while I was drinking for anyone to worry about her 'young ears'

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Looks like she was having a great time. I can't put into words how freakin' cool it is that you have something like this to share. Some of the best times I had with my Dad before he passed where shooting with him and my brother. Cherished memories.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Haji wrote:Looks like she was having a great time. I can't put into words how freakin' cool it is that you have something like this to share. Some of the best times I had with my Dad before he passed where shooting with him and my brother. Cherished memories.
+1

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:29 pm

The family that shoots together, is made of fucking win together.

ksbsnowowl

Post by ksbsnowowl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Nice looking kid. Whoever took the photos did a good job giving a sense that she's got a good mix of sass, self-confidence, and child-like wonder. I imagine that's not too far off from the truth.
The lion sings and the birds take flight,
The moon by day and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool,
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Jeriah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Also, when I saw this thread title, I thought it was going to be a picture of a certain groundhog, two days later.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Honestly, I clicked on this expecting something horribly cute or totally twisted as a mascot. But that is cool as shit man, props. My best memories growing up will always be the times out at the ranges.

First few boys she brings home should be amusing

"Is that a gun your dad is cleaning?!"

"Ya that's his Colt 6920, timeny trigger with EOTech 512, she's sorta old but I've been shooting that thing for years"

:shock:

PS

I sorta hope that isn't what your rifle is, or thats going to come across really stalkerish, I swear I was just pulling shit outta my ass :lol:

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Sckitzo wrote:Honestly, I clicked on this expecting something horribly cute or totally twisted as a mascot. But that is cool as shit man, props. My best memories growing up will always be the times out at the ranges.

First few boys she brings home should be amusing

"Is that a gun your dad is cleaning?!"

"Ya that's his Colt 6920, timeny trigger with EOTech 512, she's sorta old but I've been shooting that thing for years"

:shock:

PS

I sorta hope that isn't what your rifle is, or thats going to come across really stalkerish, I swear I was just pulling shit outta my ass :lol:
Haha, no it's a Bushy lower and a CMMG HB upper. We call her Lucy.

But the boy thing...I think she's already lost a couple boys pretty much that way. One was a Young Marine. I think it ended because she had shot more types of firearms than he had. She was probably faster at tearing down the BCG too! She had a friend over tonight and one of my other ARs was out (go figger), and the friend wanted to see it. She asked if she could and Junior picked it up (with permission, of course), checked it to be sure it was clear and then proceeded to instruct her on proper shooting stance. It's pretty fun to keep America alive in that way.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Ehh, if the boy gets all asshurt that a girl knows more then he does, no real loss.

At least in my book, I may have a decent size ego but if you know more then me, you know more then me *shrugs* When you say "Young Marine" I assume you mean that quasi JROTC type program right? Not one straight out of boot?

Heh, well looking at the pics again, think I was at least right on the optic, least looks same as mine.

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Huge Plus ONE!!!

It was great to meet the little one, although I too was expecting to see a not so alive furry creature..
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Wait so a marine (ie at least 18 yeras old) was brought home with your (14 year old) daughter? SOmething fishy is going on...
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:35 pm

nimdabew wrote:Wait so a marine (ie at least 18 yeras old) was brought home with your (14 year old) daughter? SOmething fishy is going on...
Nim, he may have been talking about a kid in this program.

At least going with that assumption until hear otherwise, not that its any of my damn business :lol: .

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Jeriah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Man, y'all are like a bunch of old ladies, counting the days from the wedding to the birth, to see if they add up to nine months.

Return to “Training”