Front Sight 4 day defensive pistol class: $99

Training questions, approaches and reports

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bowman1

Front Sight 4 day defensive pistol class: $99

Post by Bowman1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Without getting into a long, drawn out discussion about the integrity and character of the owner, I figured some would like to know that Front Sight has a special on their four day defensive pistol class. Four days, 40 hours or instruction for $99. I took this class in March of 2009 and found it to be excellent. For this price, I signed up a second time.

FYI...
http://www.frontsight.com/40-hours-99pc/index.asp
Pour me another drink and pass the ammunition.

CTjohn

Re: Front Sight 4 day defensive pistol class: $99

Post by CTjohn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 pm

i like where he "spells it out" to prove its not a typo:

"Only $99. I will spell it out so you know it is not a typo... Eighty Nine Dollars.

That's right, only $99"

agent-smith

Post by agent-smith » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:43 pm

CTjohn wrote:i like where he "spells it out" to prove its not a typo:

"Only $99. I will spell it out so you know it is not a typo... Eighty Nine Dollars.

That's right, only $99"
That is one of the funniest things I've ever read...

And people wonder why I don't consider chiropractors to be "real" Doctors...
CATCH PHRASE!!!!!

psychomajortom
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead
Day of the Dead

Post by psychomajortom » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Just a time-share sales gimmick, but with shooting instead of a free lunch. And "future construction" instead of a time-share. The training may be decent.
ozwyn wrote:"God does not punish us, he gives us challenges and opportunities to kick ass. If God is angry, it is because we are pissing and moaning and whining and not kicking ass. Go forth, and kick the shit out of the zombies, amen."
DavePAL84 wrote: I'm a floral dress wearing, mojito drinking kinda gal.

jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 am

If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
April 19th, 1775 - when marksmanship met history, and the heritage began. Liberty, Heritage, and Marksmanship.
Are you a Rifleman or a cook? Attend an Appleseed event and discover your heritage. http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

~Mike F.

Well I think I'm gonna reroute my trip, I wonder if anybody'd think I'd flipped if I went to L.A. via Omaha...

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Apparently he fixed the typo. That's kind of a bummer. :lol:

I'd surely be pissed if I'd spent $2,000 to take the same class for a hundred bucks.

I've spoken to several people that have trained there and had good things to say about the training.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Post by Phoenix David » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:43 pm

psychomajortom wrote:Just a time-share sales gimmick, but with shooting instead of a free lunch. And "future construction" instead of a time-share. The training may be decent.
The training is good, there is a soft sell during lunch break , they play a dvd but they don't lock you in the room.
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 pm

agent-smith wrote:
CTjohn wrote:i like where he "spells it out" to prove its not a typo:

That's right, only $99"
That is one of the funniest things I've ever read...

And people wonder why I don't consider chiropractors to be "real" Doctors...
They give bad-ass backrubs though.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Phoenix David wrote:
psychomajortom wrote:Just a time-share sales gimmick, but with shooting instead of a free lunch. And "future construction" instead of a time-share. The training may be decent.
The training is good, there is a soft sell during lunch break , they play a dvd but they don't lock you in the room.
What's this soft sell all about?

Bowman1

Post by Bowman1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 am

Jeriah wrote:
Phoenix David wrote:
They basically try to get you to buy a lifetime membership at Front Sight. They show you a bunch of videos talking about what a bargain it is and stuff. You're free to go back to your car, eat outside, or do whatever you please during your lunch break though.
Pour me another drink and pass the ammunition.

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:52 am

Jeriah wrote:
Phoenix David wrote:
I don't know if they're still up to their old shenanigans, but they also try to sell you property on their ranch for if TSHTF. Apparently that was a huge issue with their lawsuit, they're not building anything and just keeping the money.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

J.C.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Post by J.C. » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 pm

BigDaddyTX wrote:
Jeriah wrote:
Phoenix David wrote:
I don't know if they're still up to their old shenanigans, but they also try to sell you property on their ranch for if TSHTF. Apparently that was a huge issue with their lawsuit, they're not building anything and just keeping the money.

Thats all over with. What they are trying to sell now are mostly lifetime memberships.
squinty wrote: Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, zombies gotta shuffle around and eatcher brains. Why do sharks eat divers? Why not swim around and starve to death?
Why do tornadoes zero in on trailer parks? Why not just blow around harmlessly? It's the way of the world, man.

Spiffums
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Spiffums » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 pm

I always thought the time share part was a gun version of a golf community............. Would people complain about the noise? LOL

El Bandito
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil (are those zombies?) Dawn of the Dead (original)

Post by El Bandito » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Isn't this the place that will give you a free XD, $4,000 worth of goodies and a toilet made of solid gold? Dr. Whatever his name is looks like a used car salesman.
Dodge this!

A lie is the refuge of weakness. The man of courage is not afraid of the truth. - J.C. Macaulay

agent-smith

Post by agent-smith » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm really not sure why people think that Frontsight is somehow "over-priced".

I just purchased a lifetime membership; it was only $99,800. I tried to sign-up for one of Milcopp's classes, but Dave and Don wanted more than that.
CATCH PHRASE!!!!!

doc66

Post by doc66 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:01 pm

There's just too much to say about all this.

Hey $99 for a four day course is a steal, under any reckoning. Even if you are just getting a basic pistol course. The problem is what was stated before. You've got people shelling out thousands for the training and buying into a shell company and then get shafted by the owner who then turns around and sells the same course for a hundred bucks.

Take it and run.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Post by Phoenix David » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:10 pm

agent-smith wrote:I'm really not sure why people think that Frontsight is somehow "over-priced".

I just purchased a lifetime membership; it was only $99,800. I tried to sign-up for one of Milcopp's classes, but Dave and Don wanted more than that.
Well I paid significantly less for my lifetime membership that that and I can take any course as many times as I want.
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm

El Bandito wrote:Isn't this the place that will give you a free XD, $4,000 worth of goodies and a toilet made of solid gold? Dr. Whatever his name is looks like a used car salesman.
His name is Ignacious Piazza. Its funner to call him Iggy Pizza, though. It's the American way. :lol:
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

Dumptruck
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead series (Romero), 28 Days Later

Post by Dumptruck » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:33 pm

El Bandito wrote:Isn't this the place that will give you a free XD, $4,000 worth of goodies and a toilet made of solid gold? Dr. Whatever his name is looks like a used car salesman.
"No interest for the first year on this once-in-a-lifetime pistol course!"

Shep45

Post by Shep45 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:40 am

Dubious.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 am

Haji wrote:
His name is Ignacious Piazza. Its funner to call him Iggy Pizza, though. It's the American way. :lol:
Yeah, that could be his stage name, since he was trying to break into Hollywood and be an actor. :shock: Good news for all the people who bankrolled him.
Phoenix David wrote:
agent-smith wrote:I'm really not sure why people think that Frontsight is somehow "over-priced".

Well I paid significantly less for my lifetime membership that that and I can take any course as many times as I want.
Another part of the lawsuit being that if you've paid for the membership they can't find room for you when you're supposed to get priority. I'm sure it's different now or whatever, but the initial membership was supposed to come with free ammo for the courses too which never manifested apparently. There was a website with the whole lawsuit posted on it, but it got taken down for whatever reason. It was an interesting read to say the least though.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Haji

Post by Haji » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:38 pm

I would bet they were proposing the "free ammo" idea when ammo was a whole lot less expensive than it is now. I can't really fault them for that, but if they didn't expect ammo prices to rise, that's a basic failure in planning.

FelixArchon

Post by FelixArchon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 pm

I'd rather pay more to get the training elsewhere.

There was a defamation lawsuit brought by Ignatius Piazza and Front Sight a few years back, here in the Las Vegas Federal courts. I've been posting on this board for a long time, so I hope you guys will believe that I'm not just making shit up when I state that I am not allowed to comment on the litigation or how it went, except to assert that it was resolved to the satisfaction of all the parties.

But that having been said, and moving on to voice my own opinions and position, I personally will never pay a dime to any business entity with which Ignatius Piazza is associated, or from which Ignatius Piazza draws even a penny of revenues.

Here's a linky to the personal website of the woman Piazza sued, if you're interested in any portion of the back-story. http://www.dianahsieh.com/frontsight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Training”