Seattle: The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Civil disorder is a special type of disaster worthy of its own area of discussion. No Political Discussion!

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Forum rules
No political discussion or you will be barred from posting in this section! You have been warned.
jor-el

Seattle: The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 pm

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Seattle: The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Why is this being allowed to happen?

OST: Let me go thru those links 1st.

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:07 pm

First link doesn’t lead to any story on Seattle.
Second link is dead
Third link is to Russia Today or “RT” so do we need to discuss how that
Might not be reliable reporting on Seattle?
Wikipedia link does not lead to anything on Seattle

Nothing on CNN, Reuters, The Guardian, NBC, CBS, or ABC on a partial take over of Seattle

Maybe we can discuss how we should vet our news sources.
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm

If you're asking about why the repost, ask the mods.

Just read the links. The last is to a map of the affected area. As there are claims of armed people of unknown training quality along that border, it should be obvious its a very bad area to wander near.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Here's the wiki....while it lasts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_H ... omous_Zone

jor-el wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm
Just read the links.
I think your links got trimmed when you tried to copy them from the original thread. I believe that's why they're broken now.
Last edited by RickOShea on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

raptor2
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by raptor2 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:24 pm

FlashDaddy wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:07 pm
First link doesn’t lead to any story on Seattle.
Second link is dead
Third link is to Russia Today or “RT” so do we need to discuss how that
Might not be reliable reporting on Seattle?
Wikipedia link does not lead to anything on Seattle

Nothing on CNN, Reuters, The Guardian, NBC, CBS, or ABC on a partial take over of Seattle

Maybe we can discuss how we should vet our news sources.
Here are the correct links for 2 items above:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lence.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_H ... omous_Zone
Duco Ergo Sum

raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

Black Beard

Post by Black Beard » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:27 pm

This looks like a good example of a bug-out situation. Get out while the going is good.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:28 pm

Okay folks, I'm the one who l&b'd the original thread and told jor-el to repost it without political commentary. I take the blame for the links being broken.

As far as this not being in the news, Google is your friend. Plenty of sources there to choose from, in whatever flavor floats your boat but discussion of this will be restricted to dealing with it from a preps standpoint.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:31 pm

FlashDaddy wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:27 pm
jor-el wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm
If you're asking about why the repost, ask the mods.

Just read the links. The last is to a map of the affected area. As there are claims of armed people of unknown training quality along that border, it should be obvious its a very bad area to wander near.
What should be obvious is that this story is made up out of whole cloth. It is a good lesson on how we just can’t trust everything we read on Russia Today and that people of unknown training quality can easily post falsities on Wikipedia and they stay up until Wikipedia takes them down and then these same ne’er-do-wells just repost it on Wikipedia until it is taken down, rinse and repeat.
Fox News and the New York Post say its not.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Last edited by jor-el on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:41 pm

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Cops ran out of gas and were running low on flag bangs. The border up the east precinct and told the media they wouldn’t abandon it, 2 hours later they abandoned it.

After the cops left protesters swarmed the building and spray painted over police and wrote “peoples”. The protests last night were the first that were peaceful (crazy!)

Protesters hooked a projector up and watched a documentary on the side of the police building. So far, seems a safer place when agitatora no longer gas and throw explosives at peaceful protesters.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:19 pm

I can't believe that State/Local Gov't is allowing this to happen. :shock:

How long has this AZ been up?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:22 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:19 pm
How long has this AZ been up?
I first heard about it last night. I think it started Monday.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:13 pm

SPD has been under investigation on and off for the better part of 20 years. There’s plenty of reports of reporters touring east precinct and spotting anti gay, anti black, anti anything but hard right philosophies. Plenty of SPD cops have been found on extreme right forums and FB pages.

The cops in east precinct have a especially bad reputation of busting minorities and gay minors for charges that would be later dropped due to lack of evidence.

I was on cap hill earlier today, it had the vibe it had back in the 90s and early 2k people were joyful, happy, businesses were open and pretty much everyone wearing masks and distancing where they can.

Overall, seem it’s doing a lot better now than before. Only issue I had was my truck is to big to park in most places.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:22 pm

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking- ... hbourhoods

For reference, West Precinct is West Seattle Thruway, I-5, and all points north and west of, I think. They really can't afford to lose it, their 911 center is in the building. There are two Federal Buildings one housing IRS, Veterans Affairs and Coast Guard; the other is Federal Court across the street from that precinct. Now damage Federal Property or employees...

Not from the area, there are in-laws in the Chinatown area. Urging them to safer accomodations, as I am unlikely to travel that far to intervene.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:12 pm

tony d tiger wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:52 pm
I give it a week. They will need the basics, and cannot provide them without coming out.
Classic.
They have the basics, minus cops. In fact the fire department even stationed 2 trucks to help In case of emergency and they have been welcomed and even fed.

They have everything they need, nothing has changed besides not having a police department in the area. Plenty of minority communities just a few miles south literally haven’t had these services for 20+ years.

boskone

Post by boskone » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:48 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:12 pm
tony d tiger wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:52 pm
I give it a week. They will need the basics, and cannot provide them without coming out.
Classic.
They have the basics, minus cops. In fact the fire department even stationed 2 trucks to help In case of emergency and they have been welcomed and even fed.
So, their claims of autonomy are somewhat overstated?

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:20 am

Reddit has been the most direct source of information on the phenomena I have found; of course most information these days is heavily shaded but at the very least you can find photos and first hand accounts.

Twitter users of some stripe seem to have already launched a smear campaign against the CHAZ, I haven't the slightest idea which reports are accurate and I don't assume I will know for years to come. No matter where you fall on this issue, you should find this very interesting. There is some precedent I believe in Portland Oregon for an anarchist controlled portion of a city that was allowed to play itself out; maybe it was around the ICE protests? I can't recall for sure, but it had shades of Occupy 2.0 if I'm not totally off base.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 am

Last warning: We're not here to discuss anything but preps and survival.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 am

There is a Reddit up apparently populated by them. Between that, Fox News and the Wiki page people can kindly stop pretending they do not exist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CapHillAutonomousZone/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-prot ... -extortion

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/us/seatt ... index.html

Per the Fox News article there are allegations armed people under the color of Antifa authority are demanding people on the street present hard ID which since they're not sworn LE and present an ID theft risk. The same people also search for hidden weapons. Essentially Terry vs Ohio (Stop and Frisk) but the searchers are clearly NOT LE thus a violation of civil rights.

And CNN has just discovered the existence of the zone. And their coverage is about a day late.

Once again, allegations that businesses are being threatened with arson to pay "taxes" in cryptocurrency or goods in return for "protection".

A place I would avoid if you could.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:27 am

jor-el wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 am
There is a Reddit up apparently populated by them. Between that, Fox News and the Wiki page people can kindly stop pretending they do not exist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CapHillAutonomousZone/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-prot ... -extortion

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/us/seatt ... index.html

Per the Fox News article there are allegations armed people under the color of Antifa authority are demanding people on the street present hard ID which since they're not sworn LE and present an ID theft risk. The same people also search for hidden weapons. Essentially Terry vs Ohio (Stop and Frisk) but the searchers are clearly NOT LE thus a violation of civil rights.

Once again, allegations that businesses are being threatened with arson to pay "taxes" in cryptocurrency or goods in return for "protection".

A place I would avoid if you could.
We are not here to debate the existence of the zone or the inhabitants. Anyone who wants to play that game can go do so elsewhere. Our mission is how to deal with this situation. There are a lot of conflicting opinions about the severity of the problem, or even if it is a problem at all. For the purposes of the ZS mission discussion here should simply focus on how to deal with this and survive it if you consider it a problem. If you consider this to not be a problem, or even a "good thing", great, wonderful for you, I'm sure there's other parts of the forum that you'll enjoy.

Return to “Civil Disorder”