The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Civil disorder is a special type of disaster worthy of its own area of discussion. No Political Discussion!

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Forum rules
No political discussion or you will be barred from posting in this section! You have been warned.
MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:22 am

Initial report of violence in Olympia, WA. 4 stabbed, 1 shot. One suspect in custody. Stabbing victims are reported to be in "critical" condition.

Reports are from an iHeart podcast :?:

tony d tiger
* * *
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by tony d tiger » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:12 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:22 am
Initial report of violence in Olympia, WA. 4 stabbed, 1 shot. One suspect in custody. Stabbing victims are reported to be in "critical" condition.

Reports are from an iHeart podcast :?:
Well, I hadn't heard that yet; been watching BYU Football and scrolling thru national news. Apparently there was multiple stabbings in Washington DC too. ANTIFA vs Proud Boys, they say... :words:
Tony D Tiger

tony d tiger
* * *
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by tony d tiger » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:34 am

Yup, that's confirmed protesting - one gunshot wound reported and four stabbies. A LOT of evil black rifles were shown in pictures. Good thing I avoid Oly anymore, but it could be "Anytown" USA. Some video of the Olympia protesters showed a group of over 100 wearing black, moving down the middle of the street pretty quickly, with two armored police vehicles about a block behind them... illustrative of the need to be situationally aware and maybe check your "grey man" camo.
No DD214 on the rear window? No provocative bumper stickers, patches, hats or flags? No open carry? :words:

"May you live in interesting times" :mrgreen: :twisted:
Tony D Tiger

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 am

USAToday is reporting almost two dozen arrests now, related to yesterday's protests.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 9159
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:44 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 am
USAToday is reporting almost two dozen arrests now, related to yesterday's protests.
Be interesting to see how many prosecutions.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:25 am

NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:44 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 am
USAToday is reporting almost two dozen arrests now, related to yesterday's protests.
Be interesting to see how many prosecutions.
I'll look at "..who was procesuted for what..."

Jaded AF, but it's where I'm at today.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:03 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:25 am
NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:44 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 am
USAToday is reporting almost two dozen arrests now, related to yesterday's protests.
Be interesting to see how many prosecutions.
I'll look at "..who was procesuted for what..."

Jaded AF, but it's where I'm at today.
ETA:

From NPR: At Least 23 Arrested After Trump Supporters, Counterprotesters Clash In D.C.Numerous photos, 1 video.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:29 pm

Thw latest for City Prepping:



2nd video: City Prepping - The Great Reset - Political-ish

User avatar
raptor2
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:48 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by raptor2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Video of violent protesters being peaceful.

One even had a katana...no word on whether or not it was wrapped with blue cord.
Note: NWS
https://twitter.com/SRodd_CPR/status/13 ... 1970466816


This while unemployment remains at 6.7% granted down from the high of 14% but still 2x of December 2019.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... yment-rate
Duco Ergo Sum


raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:33 pm

At this time, I gues I'm becoming a CP fanboy:


User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7608
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:09 pm

If nothing "major" happens, I'll be happy.

If not, I guess I'll see y'all in the trenches.

User avatar
RonnyRonin
* * * * *
Posts: 1745
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by RonnyRonin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:51 am

raptor2 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm
One even had a katana...no word on whether or not it was wrapped with blue cord.
Note: NWS
https://twitter.com/SRodd_CPR/status/13 ... 1970466816
Plate carriers seem to be more and more common by the day; hard to tell who is actually wearing armor vs. just a fashion statement, but body armor has been getting cheap for a long time and it was only a matter of time before it became common place. One guy in the video seems to have a full jug suit; deltoid and groin armor along with a full vest and helmet and some riot pads.

As popular as pepper spray has been in the past it seems to only be getting moreso, these alterations are starting to look like water fights.

I'm always particularly interested in how the particular sides handle friend/foe identification; distinctive colors have been popular for a very long time, some street fights are quite hard to tell the sides apart but the Proud Boys seem to have gone in on brighter colors which makes it simpler.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 9159
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by NT2C » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:56 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:09 pm
If nothing "major" happens, I'll be happy.

If not, I guess I'll see y'all in the trenches.
Last one in the foxhole is a rotten egg! :crazy:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

TheUnpossibleRalph
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:58 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by TheUnpossibleRalph » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:26 pm

RonnyRonin wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:51 am
raptor2 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm
One even had a katana...no word on whether or not it was wrapped with blue cord.
Note: NWS
https://twitter.com/SRodd_CPR/status/13 ... 1970466816
Plate carriers seem to be more and more common by the day; hard to tell who is actually wearing armor vs. just a fashion statement, but body armor has been getting cheap for a long time and it was only a matter of time before it became common place. One guy in the video seems to have a full jug suit; deltoid and groin armor along with a full vest and helmet and some riot pads.

As popular as pepper spray has been in the past it seems to only be getting moreso, these alterations are starting to look like water fights.

I'm always particularly interested in how the particular sides handle friend/foe identification; distinctive colors have been popular for a very long time, some street fights are quite hard to tell the sides apart but the Proud Boys seem to have gone in on brighter colors which makes it simpler.
I'm going to err on the side of caution that someone has the actual equipment if they are going so far to get plate carriers, plates themselves aren't cheap but they aren't prohibitively expensive either. There is this guy named Jeremy Dewitte who likes to dress up and play cops during funeral escorts in Florida who packs a pepper ball gun that looks like a real gun, he can't have a real gun due to being a convicted felon. He also has body armor and all the other stuff that looks like a cop. His baton is apparently just the handle but still, you would think he has a real one in that belt pouch. He's facing charges in Florida for impersonating a police officer amongst other things like threatening people. His videos are of his own bodycam. The cops in the interrogation videos have stated his body cams are better than theirs and to be honest they seem to be. Point I'm making here is that civilians are seeming to get better gear than police and even sometimes the military. My example was of a guy who is essentially a stolen valor loser who was able to scrounge up enough money all kinds of gear not just for him but his employees. Some of these groups have more money and organization.

This is reminding me of a lot of civil wars/strife that happened in the 20th century. Sides are balkanizing and there is a clear arms race here. The fact people are tacticooled out to the point that they have more gear than a lot of us would be wearing in an SHTF situation is kinda disturbing especially if you read about historical fights back in the day. Sides would get really armed up with what would be their tactical gear of the day. The fact people are bringing guns to what should be peaceful protests is the canary in the coal mine right now. Especially given how violent these events become.

It's getting uglier and I think in part due to people having 24/7 access to each other via social media so they can egg each other on into worse and worse ideas. Coupled with they can buy up gear online, we're going to see a serious arms race here.

tony d tiger
* * *
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by tony d tiger » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:35 am

TheUnpossibleRalph wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:26 pm
RonnyRonin wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:51 am
raptor2 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm
One even had a katana...no word on whether or not it was wrapped with blue cord.
Note: NWS
https://twitter.com/SRodd_CPR/status/13 ... 1970466816
Plate carriers seem to be more and more common by the day; hard to tell who is actually wearing armor vs. just a fashion statement, but body armor has been getting cheap for a long time and it was only a matter of time before it became common place. One guy in the video seems to have a full jug suit; deltoid and groin armor along with a full vest and helmet and some riot pads.

As popular as pepper spray has been in the past it seems to only be getting moreso, these alterations are starting to look like water fights.

I'm always particularly interested in how the particular sides handle friend/foe identification; distinctive colors have been popular for a very long time, some street fights are quite hard to tell the sides apart but the Proud Boys seem to have gone in on brighter colors which makes it simpler.
I'm going to err on the side of caution that someone has the actual equipment if they are going so far to get plate carriers, plates themselves aren't cheap but they aren't prohibitively expensive either. There is this guy named Jeremy Dewitte who likes to dress up and play cops during funeral escorts in Florida who packs a pepper ball gun that looks like a real gun, he can't have a real gun due to being a convicted felon. He also has body armor and all the other stuff that looks like a cop. His baton is apparently just the handle but still, you would think he has a real one in that belt pouch. He's facing charges in Florida for impersonating a police officer amongst other things like threatening people. His videos are of his own bodycam. The cops in the interrogation videos have stated his body cams are better than theirs and to be honest they seem to be. Point I'm making here is that civilians are seeming to get better gear than police and even sometimes the military. My example was of a guy who is essentially a stolen valor loser who was able to scrounge up enough money all kinds of gear not just for him but his employees. Some of these groups have more money and organization.

This is reminding me of a lot of civil wars/strife that happened in the 20th century. Sides are balkanizing and there is a clear arms race here. The fact people are tacticooled out to the point that they have more gear than a lot of us would be wearing in an SHTF situation is kinda disturbing especially if you read about historical fights back in the day. Sides would get really armed up with what would be their tactical gear of the day. The fact people are bringing guns to what should be peaceful protests is the canary in the coal mine right now. Especially given how violent these events become.

It's getting uglier and I think in part due to people having 24/7 access to each other via social media so they can egg each other on into worse and worse ideas. Coupled with they can buy up gear online, we're going to see a serious arms race here.
The most dangerous weapons are the cameras and smartphones. At least those cut both ways, but videos are edited to only show one side's argument; misidentification and doxxing are rampant; jobs and family members threatened... the "peaceful protest" is a thing of the past.
Tony D Tiger

TheUnpossibleRalph
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:58 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by TheUnpossibleRalph » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:23 pm

tony d tiger wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:35 am
TheUnpossibleRalph wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:26 pm
RonnyRonin wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:51 am
raptor2 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm
One even had a katana...no word on whether or not it was wrapped with blue cord.
Note: NWS
https://twitter.com/SRodd_CPR/status/13 ... 1970466816
Plate carriers seem to be more and more common by the day; hard to tell who is actually wearing armor vs. just a fashion statement, but body armor has been getting cheap for a long time and it was only a matter of time before it became common place. One guy in the video seems to have a full jug suit; deltoid and groin armor along with a full vest and helmet and some riot pads.

As popular as pepper spray has been in the past it seems to only be getting moreso, these alterations are starting to look like water fights.

I'm always particularly interested in how the particular sides handle friend/foe identification; distinctive colors have been popular for a very long time, some street fights are quite hard to tell the sides apart but the Proud Boys seem to have gone in on brighter colors which makes it simpler.
I'm going to err on the side of caution that someone has the actual equipment if they are going so far to get plate carriers, plates themselves aren't cheap but they aren't prohibitively expensive either. There is this guy named Jeremy Dewitte who likes to dress up and play cops during funeral escorts in Florida who packs a pepper ball gun that looks like a real gun, he can't have a real gun due to being a convicted felon. He also has body armor and all the other stuff that looks like a cop. His baton is apparently just the handle but still, you would think he has a real one in that belt pouch. He's facing charges in Florida for impersonating a police officer amongst other things like threatening people. His videos are of his own bodycam. The cops in the interrogation videos have stated his body cams are better than theirs and to be honest they seem to be. Point I'm making here is that civilians are seeming to get better gear than police and even sometimes the military. My example was of a guy who is essentially a stolen valor loser who was able to scrounge up enough money all kinds of gear not just for him but his employees. Some of these groups have more money and organization.

This is reminding me of a lot of civil wars/strife that happened in the 20th century. Sides are balkanizing and there is a clear arms race here. The fact people are tacticooled out to the point that they have more gear than a lot of us would be wearing in an SHTF situation is kinda disturbing especially if you read about historical fights back in the day. Sides would get really armed up with what would be their tactical gear of the day. The fact people are bringing guns to what should be peaceful protests is the canary in the coal mine right now. Especially given how violent these events become.

It's getting uglier and I think in part due to people having 24/7 access to each other via social media so they can egg each other on into worse and worse ideas. Coupled with they can buy up gear online, we're going to see a serious arms race here.
The most dangerous weapons are the cameras and smartphones. At least those cut both ways, but videos are edited to only show one side's argument; misidentification and doxxing are rampant; jobs and family members threatened... the "peaceful protest" is a thing of the past.
I agree, the rate at which misinformation can spread is so damn dangerous these days. I showed a coworker at an old job that I not only could find his middle name (that was his challenge) that I even found his high school, home address, etc. all online. He was freaked out and acted like I broke the law. It's all there, online and easy to access to anyone. I wasn't even malicious in my intent, simply wanted to show him that his middle name was the least of what he should be worried about people finding.

And I agree about peaceful protests being a thing of the past. Sad but I feel like the violence is just going to escalate further and further. Where in the past people had disagreements but were still civil, this is now not possible. Both sides don't want to talk like adults because they have been hijacked by the worst of their groups to the point that any sane and rational dialogue is a thing of the past.

I seriously blame social media because people who are usually ignored (rightly so for being idiots) now have a place to fire off their idiotic shit cannon for the whole world to see.

tony d tiger
* * *
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by tony d tiger » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:14 pm

"...people who are usually ignored (rightly so for being idiots) now have a place to fire off their idiotic shit cannon" <<poetry. :clap: bravo!! :awesome:
Tony D Tiger

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:00 pm

tony d tiger wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:14 pm
"...people who are usually ignored (rightly so for being idiots) now have a place to fire off their idiotic shit cannon" <<poetry. :clap: bravo!! :awesome:
Pretty good sumation Ralph.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6429
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:04 am

WTF is this bombing in Nashville?!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

RoneKiln
* * * * *
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:20 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by RoneKiln » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:34 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:04 am
WTF is this bombing in Nashville?!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!
It was an RV. Let's hope it was a meth lab and not terrorism.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

tony d tiger
* * *
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by tony d tiger » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:17 pm

How close to Nakatomi tower is this?
Tony D Tiger

TheUnpossibleRalph
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:58 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by TheUnpossibleRalph » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:56 pm

tony d tiger wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:14 pm
"...people who are usually ignored (rightly so for being idiots) now have a place to fire off their idiotic shit cannon" <<poetry. :clap: bravo!! :awesome:
I mean the internet will make you pretty cynical because instead of being an amazing research tool that was originally designed to survive nuclear war to keep universities and military bases connected, it's now become a network of nitwits who can claim obviously false things like "Vaccines cause autism" or "Canyenne peppers and mineral water can cure cancer!!!" or "The holocaust never happened!!!" or "Masks are useless, don't wear them!" or any other idiotic thing that the town drunk would say at your local tavern but even then he knew that if he went a little too far, the boys might give him a proper ass whoopin' to shut off the shit nozzle from his shit hose. Usually he was met with mockery and guffawing and even people egging him on to laugh at him while they enjoyed their drinks. Better than most live bands at those bars, I tell you hwat!

Kinda like that scene from Independence Day where the barflies ask that guy if he was sexually molested by the aliens. That's how the town drunk was treated back in the day. Now he/she/it can go online and say their dumb shit from the safety of their crappy home without fear of people finally giving them a knuckle powered adjustment when he went too far.
MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:00 pm
tony d tiger wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:14 pm
"...people who are usually ignored (rightly so for being idiots) now have a place to fire off their idiotic shit cannon" <<poetry. :clap: bravo!! :awesome:
Pretty good sumation Ralph.
Thank you, thank you, I like to thank all the people who got me here today.

RoneKiln wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:34 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:04 am
WTF is this bombing in Nashville?!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!
It was an RV. Let's hope it was a meth lab and not terrorism.
We are becoming more and more like GTA every day. Or is it the other way around?
tony d tiger wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:17 pm
How close to Nakatomi tower is this?
There were unsubstantiated reports of a barefoot man in a tattered and bloody wifebeater wielding a gun who was running around there but then again given its location, it doesn't narrow that down much.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 9159
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:59 pm

RoneKiln wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:34 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:04 am
WTF is this bombing in Nashville?!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!
It was an RV. Let's hope it was a meth lab and not terrorism.
Given the alleged 911 call reporting "shots fired" in that street just prior to the explosion my opinion is that this was deliberate, Christmas was chosen to minimize "collateral damage" to civilians, and the 911 call was to get as many cops there as possible. I have no doubts this was a deliberate act aimed at the police.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

RoneKiln
* * * * *
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:20 am

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by RoneKiln » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:31 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:59 pm
RoneKiln wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:34 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:04 am
WTF is this bombing in Nashville?!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!
It was an RV. Let's hope it was a meth lab and not terrorism.
Given the alleged 911 call reporting "shots fired" in that street just prior to the explosion my opinion is that this was deliberate, Christmas was chosen to minimize "collateral damage" to civilians, and the 911 call was to get as many cops there as possible. I have no doubts this was a deliberate act aimed at the police.
I just got up to speed on the phone call and warning blared from the RV. I agree with you. But until we had that info, I wanted to encourage people not to jump to conclusions.

A few people in my family know it happened, but we're not talking about it out loud so more sensitive members of the family don't have their Christmas holiday impacted.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Post Reply

Return to “Civil Disorder”