"Daily COVID-19 SITREP In Your Area"

This isn't going away anytime soon folks and it just made sense to consolidate all the COVID-19 stuff in one location.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

darmstrong

Re: "Daily COVID-19 SITREP In Your Area"

Post by darmstrong » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 am

quazi wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 pm
Called the local health clinic to see how they were doing on masks. They said that they weren't running low, but any donations would be appreciated. I bought a big bag of N95s a few years back for emergencies. For a minute I thought "well if they don't need them then why wouldn't I keep them?" but then I realized that if they had a good stock they wouldn't be ordering as many in the future, freeing more up for places that are in need. So I did end up donating them.
Way to go!!! We are only as good as the community around us.
In order to succeed you must first survive.

CG

Post by CG » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 am

I have a headache and a temp. Here's hoping this is my usual sinus crud.
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 am

Updated numbers for Indiana (this official site only updates once per day using stats as of midnight the day before):

From IDoH website https://coronavirus.in.gov/

Thursday, March 26, 2020
Total COVID-19 cases = 645 (477 Wednesday) (365 Tuesday) (259 Monday) (201 Sunday) (126 Saturday)
Total COVID-19 deaths= 17 (14 Wednesday) (12 Tuesday) (7 Monday) (4 Sunday) (3 Saturday)
Total COVID-19 tests = 4651 (3356 Wednesday) (2931 Tuesday) (1960 Monday)(1494 Sunday) (833 Saturday)

On March 17th we only had 39 cases. Cases are now present in 61 of Indiana's 92 counties, yesterday it was 54.

We are on day two of our Governor's order that every Hoosier "hunker down" until April 7th.
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by FlashDaddy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 am

CG wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 am
Even usual crud is no fun. Hang in their CG. I'm sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

We will all get through this together.
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:51 am

In light of fewer people commuting, Ontario highways are now race tracks ...

I dropped some supplies off to my mom last night, and was able to do a liberal 20km/hour over the posted limit of 100km/h in what is usually bumper to bumper traffic. I was passed by most people around me. In Ontario we have a law stipulating drivers caught doing 50km/hour or more above the speed limit are charged with stunt driving and or racing, which results in a license suspension and impounded vehicle. Dozens have been charged with this in the past 4 days alone, probably more than the past 10 years the law has been in place.

The biggest threat here is that any collision at these speeds will probably involve hospitalization. On an already stressed hospital network.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Trip to local Walmart this morning showed a much more stocked store. Good selection of pet food, dairy, larger ( but still big gaps ) selection of canned vegetables. Bread was still scarce except for the baked in store specialty breads. A lot more fresh and frozen meat including ground beef and turkey. More bottled water and paper products except TP. No hand sanitizer but was able to buy two bottles of 70. % rubbing alcohol and a jug of aloe juice. Today was the first time my wife and I wore masks. We were the only two in the store who did. Third confirmed case in our AO announced this morning,
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm

So I have to pick up some supplies for work tomorrow. I'm not crazy about it, but here we are. This is my first time in a big box store for a while, things have gotten much worse on the news since then.

My plan is to be at the store for open, when it should be the cleanest. Wear a mask and gloves. In and out. I have wet wipes in the car, which I've used pretty much every time I get into the car.
BullOnParade

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm
So I have to pick up some supplies for work tomorrow. I'm not crazy about it, but here we are. This is my first time in a big box store for a while, things have gotten much worse on the news since then.

My plan is to be at the store for open, when it should be the cleanest. Wear a mask and gloves. In and out. I have wet wipes in the car, which I've used pretty much every time I get into the car.
Same here, but I can park & someone will schlep it out to me. I'm sure it will save lives. :D

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm

UK national status: 11658 confirmed cases (+2129), 578 fatalities (+115), 135 patients recovered (no change).
Hampshire local status: 267 cases (+16). Birmingham has overtaken us with 290 confirmed cases.

A day at home. Didn't achieve very much; replaced the spark plugs and air filter on my daily driver (a 2003 Fiat Panda; my Subaru was beyond economic repair and went to the breakers earlier this year :( )

Local area is quiet, nothing much to report.

The UK Government issued its emergency regulations today, snappily entitled The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020. Full text is available at the link but notable regulations are 6 and 7.

6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse. [There is a non-exclusive list of excuses in following sub-paragraphs a to m.]
and
7. During the emergency period, no person may participate in a gathering in a public place of more than two people [there's a list of exceptions that's fairly short but still too long to include here].

We're taking our quarantine seriously.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:04 pm

FlashDaddy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 am
CG wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 am
Even usual crud is no fun. Hang in their CG. I'm sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

We will all get through this together.
Likewise, poor sinuses here.. Gonna do a wash see if that helps..

Lotsa joggers in my town with zero respect for social distance and come run up right behind you.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 pm

This staying home business is driving me nuts. Thank goodness I get to drive a sleepless kid around at night. My oldest daughter is enjoying the seat I installed on the back of my bike. And I'm now downing our supply of local honey to cope with allergies.

There are always silver linings to things. Who doesn't like honey? With tea?
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Alabama has made it official and cancelled the rest of the academic year in school. Students will learn from home.

Not local but I noticed that Texas has demanded all air travelers from NOLA self quarantine. I imagine that will happen with New Yorkers next and spread to the res of the country.

Honda has extended their auto plant shutdown in Alabama till 7 April.

The local hospitals are getting loads of scam offers for medical gear and test kits from China. Some of the offers look quite good. Other countries have been victimized by this, notably Spain. Our local hospitals are switching to no longer purchasing products from China due to the trustworthiness of the supply chain, lack of government policing of the market place (or outright encouragement of fake good production as has been traditional in China for decades) and false propaganda and information policies from China. I imagine a lot of others will be doing the same. Once lost, certain customers like Hospitals will never buy from China again.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Well, 2 week lockdown in Montana...

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:16 pm

Tuscaloosa now on lock-down till April 11th. Figure Huntsville by Saturday, if not the whole state.
You go over and under
I go through

Ever

Post by Ever » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 am

Thursday, March 26, 2020
US - around 80,480 active, 1,864 recovered, 1,201 deceased
Kansas - 165 active, 3 deceased
my county - 13 active

personal report:
Bug In day 19

stress level today:

mental preparedness for coming zombie attack:
- listened to podcast by Sharon Salzburg
- sunlight on the back of my retinas to lift mood
- walked an hour and a half drinking in the sights & sounds of spring to help balance the feelings of powerlessness, sorrow, and fear

inhouse report:
- washed a piece of laundry in my Wonder Wash.
- finished the balcony cleaning and set up.
- nice long upbeat call with one of my grandchildren
- one very long call with my best friend. great conversation.
- a couple of shorter upbeat calls with two more friends
- made a dee-licious bowl of soup w red kidney beans, quinoa, salmon, white rice.....AND Tony's Creole Seasoning.
- found a little potted cactus that needed rescuing, looking all brown and dried up. I covered its shrunken dried up powdery soil with used green tea leaves I hang onto. Set the little pot in a big bowl and flooded it for maybe four hours, then drained it. I'll be danged if its little finger like body hasn't turned green in all the areas that are not clearly dead and gone.

We may have bonded.

physical preparedness for coming zombie attack:
- walked an hour and a half

local report:
- what a day it was today 🤗 Walkers, strollers like myself, a couple of dog walkers, one runner/jogger, several parents w kids, several couples. Many nods w smiles, several 'hello's, one "Stay safe", and one really interesting conversation with a couple sitting on their porch. Both of them are teachers now teaching their classes from home using Zoom.
Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'

Stay safe and well, y'all.
(and keep practicing physical distancing and wearing masks. if not for yourself do it for those of us around ya who desperately need ya to)

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:32 am

Just finished at the local Home Depot, they open at 6am, I was here for 5:55.

No one else was wearing a mask in the store. One other masked customer came in while I was checking out, and a van pulled up a few spots away just now with a masked driver. There is sanitizer at the door, but no one sanitizing carts like I've seen elsewhere.

There was a sign out front saying that they are out of n95 masks, gloves and disinfectant wipes, but I have a friend who's a manager at this store, she told me last night they had some masks and we're receiving tp a few times each week.
BullOnParade

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:39 am

You go over and under
I go through

Ghostdog914
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Post by Ghostdog914 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 am

Night shift is starting to pick up at the PD. Prowler calls, domestics, 911 hang ups, and thefts from the 24 hour gas stations all going up. It’s a county of approximately 75000 with municipalities ranging from 1500 to 18000 people. I work at one that’s 5500 but shares a border with one at 10000 people, and we have the super center and fast food places so there’s a lot of movement back and forth. We’re on limited contact, answer what calls we can by phone, don’t make traffic stops, only respond to crimes in progress or EMS calls to secure the scene. We were issued 1 mask per officer, plus a box of gloves.

casro

Post by casro » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:18 am

sitrep from Brazil:
1 month after patient 0 we are touching the 3000 infected mark and 78+ deaths. It will certainly be ugly here.

Streets are mostly empty, our president is asking people to ignore it and go out, the state governors are demanding to shelter in place and using city leos to politely request whoever they find out in the streets to get back home.

People not used to stay at home are becoming crazy. Companies are bringing psychologists and depression experts to host video conf with employees. Young people usually live in apartments and don't even know the concept of pantry. They did have their panic buy moment :D
Maybe they will start to care more for preparedness from now one :D

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by FlashDaddy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am

Updated numbers for Indiana (this official site only updates once per day using stats as of midnight the day before):

From IDoH website https://coronavirus.in.gov/

Friday, March 27, 2020
Total COVID-19 cases = 981 (645 Thursday) (477 Wednesday) (365 Tuesday) (259 Monday) (201 Sunday) (126 Saturday)
Total COVID-19 deaths= 24 (17 Thursday) (14 Wednesday) (12 Tuesday) (7 Monday) (4 Sunday) (3 Saturday)
Total COVID-19 tests= 6936 (4651 Thursday) (3356 Wednesday) (2931 Tuesday) (1960 Monday)(1494 Sunday) (833 Saturday)

On March 17th we only had 39 cases. Cases are now present in 69 of Indiana's 92 counties, yesterday it was 61: Wednesday, 54.

We are on day three of our Governor's order that every Hoosier "hunker down" until April 7th. My kid has been doing e-learning since his high school closed on March 12th. That has been going great. The school sends us daily texts and emails and even did a quarterly grade report that had the e-learning work broken out separately. Teachers have set up video classes and even watched a movie together. I have not heard of any student at this school without internet access, but I know that is a problem for many others. The school has also been distributing two lunches and two breakfasts to anyone with the student's ID on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and will continue doing that during spring break next week.

We will get through this together.
- Flash

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Ghostdog914 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 am
Night shift is starting to pick up at the PD. Prowler calls, domestics, 911 hang ups, and thefts from the 24 hour gas stations all going up. It’s a county of approximately 75000 with municipalities ranging from 1500 to 18000 people. I work at one that’s 5500 but shares a border with one at 10000 people, and we have the super center and fast food places so there’s a lot of movement back and forth. We’re on limited contact, answer what calls we can by phone, don’t make traffic stops, only respond to crimes in progress or EMS calls to secure the scene. We were issued 1 mask per officer, plus a box of gloves.
Haven't even gave us masks, but same here

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Alabama has issued a non-essential business closings state wide.

No SIP.
They don't have any to give us. But now that it in the open I can wear the "one mask" I have on hand. But I don't see the point. We are all going to get it anyway.
You go over and under
I go through

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:33 pm

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Alabama has issued a non-essential business closings state wide.

No SIP.
They don't have any to give us. But now that it in the open I can wear the "one mask" I have on hand. But I don't see the point. We are all going to get it anyway.
The point is sick first responders = breakdown of ROL . The thin blue line is obviously going to stretch thin everywhere. And breaks some places. If you guys can't obtain masks , at least make up some DIY t shirt masks to wear. Never before have you been needed so much
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

Return to “All Things COVID-19”