Gear color question: 5.11 Sandstone vs TT/Other Coyote Brown

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Equuleus

Post by Equuleus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:23 am

I am looking at picking up a 5.11 MOAB 10 in Sandstone for a GHB bag and wanted to put a TT Enhanced Admin Pouch on it which comes in Coyote Brown but have not been able to find a comparison of the two colors. I was wondering if anyone had any 5.11 stuff in Sandstone they could take a picture of next to a Tactical Tailor Coyote Brown (or other coyote brown) item so I could get an idea of the color differences. During my google searches I saw someone mention Scotch Guarding the 5.11 bag to make it darker but I wanted to get an idea of the differences before I put out any money.

hatchtrikk
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, dawn of the dead, land of the dead, diary of the dead and many more...

Re: Gear color question: 5.11 Sandstone vs TT/Other Coyote B

Post by hatchtrikk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Standby 8-)
My Draco SBR: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=79016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belt fed always wins. -GD4

I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley. -Agent Smith

hatchtrikk
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, dawn of the dead, land of the dead, diary of the dead and many more...

Post by hatchtrikk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Here you go:

Chest rig- O.S.O.E. in Coyote with TuffProducts 8-In-A-Line in Coyote.

Messenger Bag- 5.11 in Sandstone with with TuffProducts 8-In-A-Line in Coyote brown and O.S.O.E. 4 mag in Coyote.

Backpack-5.11 Rush 72 in FDE with O.S.O.E. Coyote 3 mag.

Sorry, I don't have any TT stuff. Hope this helps!

Rex
My Draco SBR: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=79016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Equuleus

Post by Equuleus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Ok. That's just what I was looking for. Thanks for going out and doing that. This gives me a good idea of the color differences. Now I don't know why 5.11 would choose to use that sandstone color over coyote.

hatchtrikk

Post by hatchtrikk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Equuleus wrote:Ok. That's just what I was looking for. Thanks for going out and doing that. This gives me a good idea of the color differences. Now I don't know why 5.11 would choose to use that sandstone color over coyote.

No problem! The whole reason I joined this site was because of all the random info that could be found. I'm glad to contribute.

I don't mind the Sandstone. It's right between Coyote brown and green. It just doesn't match anything I own.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”