Hydration bledders for 5.11 packs.

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SamB

Hydration bledders for 5.11 packs.

Post by SamB » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Hey guys. I own a rush 12 and a rush 24 and was looking into procuring hydration bladders for them. I was wondering if anyone out there in ZS land has hydration bladders for these packs, and if you do what brand and size do you use for them?

Wiser

Re: Hydration bledders for 5.11 packs.

Post by Wiser » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:01 pm

I've got a Nalgene 2 liter in my 5.11 Rush 24. New set up for me and I've only used it once or twice. Works well. Plenty of room in there for a higher capacity bladder. Easy to plug in-line filters into as well.

allofthemonkeys

Post by allofthemonkeys » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:18 pm

You can get a Camelbak bladder at any outdoor shop for about 30 bucks. For a bit more you can get a Camelbak Unbottle, which is an insulated bladder. I have been using one for about 8 years now.
When I was born, they told me the chance of getting out of this life alive was slim.

BobtheBreaker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD 04
LotD
Resident Evil
Evil Dead Trilogy?

Post by BobtheBreaker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 pm

I have a Rush24, I have a 3L Camelbak in it. I seriously recommend not using one that size. I would also recommend looking into Osprey's Hydroform bladders, as they are designed with their own stay sheet to minimize barreling on the side that rests against your back. Allegedly these bladders are made in conjunction with Nalgene, so there is some trade expertise in the design and materials.
.22LR/.357/Cheese Cake/SAK/Grey Wire
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're in trouble.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Security Guard/Wilderness First Aid/CPR for the Professional/HAM Technician

Return to “Bug Out Gear”