This is whats in my bag

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

alfred10

This is whats in my bag

Post by alfred10 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Im going to rip it apart and take pics. Here is what I know is in there off the top of my head.

I have a usmc ilbe assault pack. It has a Henry US Survival .22 and 300 rounds of CCI mini mags. Water puri tablets, 2 canteens, cammelbak, matches, fire starter, light stick, surefire batteries, fennix LD10, USGI compass, USGI IFAK first aid kit, hatchett, Boonie, katadyn water filter, 3 Mainstay 3600 rations, one spare set of boots (MIGHT GET RID OF THE EXTRA BOOTS), signal mirror, advil and other common medications, small wind radio.

My USMC ILBE has a US complete gortex sleep system in the bottom. I have a mechette on the outside.

2 Sets of new US cammies, A few pairs of socks underwear, and T-shirts.

The top part has a US gortex top and USGI Gortex bottoms that are water proof. I have a fleece for the cold.

Maybe I dont have too much? Thinking about adding a henessey hammock.

Electricity

Re: This is whats in my bag

Post by Electricity » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Pix or it didn't happen!
Official Meat World Spice Merchant

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 pm

I look forward to the total itemized list. Why the SF CR123 batteries as the Fenix LD10 takes 1XAA?
Last edited by Woods Walker on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

Mister Dark
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Mister Dark » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Lots of stuff, but I still dont see 100# there. But, based off the list, you may have some redundancy there. Depending on your AO, a hatchet AND a machette may be overkill. But it depends. Looks like you have a good sleep system, are you using a tent, hammock, sleep pad, other?

Yea, get the full list, and we will gladly rip it to shreds! :lol:

xxxDarksidexxx
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by xxxDarksidexxx » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Mister Dark wrote:Lots of stuff, but I still dont see 100# there.
+1

i wanted to see 100lbs of gear all laid out on the thread where he said his pack was like 100-150lbs. :lol:

i REALLY wanna see a pic of all the gear.

i having visions of this thread...http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... ohiosniper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oldsoldier
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead got it rolling for me, although, classics like White Zombie are fun to watch as well

Post by oldsoldier » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 pm

I just read that whole thread....epic!!!!
Feel free to check out our ZS chapter 022 FB page as well. This can be found here

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:39 pm

pics or it didnt happen

NOTE: REAL pics, not individual stolen images

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:29 pm

ooo another alfred10 post!

i always look forward to these.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

JustAnotherSnakeCult

Post by JustAnotherSnakeCult » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Mister Dark wrote:Depending on your AO, a hatchet AND a machette may be overkill. But it depends.
What area of operations justifies a machete and hatchet? Or to totally thread jack... In the blade/chopping/sawing department if you have a machete, hatchet, sven saw, 6" bowie and 3" folder what do you ditch?

AnotherVersion

Post by AnotherVersion » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 pm

JustAnotherSnakeCult wrote:
Mister Dark wrote:Depending on your AO, a hatchet AND a machette may be overkill. But it depends.
What area of operations justifies a machete and hatchet? Or to totally thread jack... In the blade/chopping/sawing department if you have a machete, hatchet, sven saw, 6" bowie and 3" folder what do you ditch?
The television, duh.
Nationally Registered Paramedic, Fire Lieutenant

Primum Non Nocere
Omnes ad Unum
shrapnel wrote:The rest of you who aren't contributing anything, shut the fuck up and post in the chat thread if your life is really that lacking in fuckwittery.

mantis

Post by mantis » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Electricity wrote:Pix or it didn't happen!
Probably didn't happen. He's made all sorts of outlandish claims and never, not even once posted a photo or responded to any questions asked of him.
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

mantis

Post by mantis » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 pm

AnotherVersion wrote:
JustAnotherSnakeCult wrote:
The television, duh.
LOL....yep, that's about what I figured too.

To Alfred10, how about some bear spray for those badass bears that you wanted to take "defensive shots" at from 300 yards out with a 45-70? :lol:
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."

alfred10

Post by alfred10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 am

My assault pack has:

1 Night star flash light.

1 Adventure medical emergency blanket

1 cammel bak bladder.

1 set of fishing hooks and line.

Medical tape, tolite paper, asprin,

1 Throw away camera

1 Off bug repellent

1 poncho (maybe I should replace with 1 or 2 usgi ponchos for a shelter?

1 mainstay food ration

1 Henry Us survival rifle with 300 rounds of mini mags .22

2 usgi canteens.

alfred10

Post by alfred10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 am

I took some pics how do I post them from my desk top?

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 am

alfred10 wrote:I took some pics how do I post them from my desk top?
Upload em via http://imageshack.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then paste the proper links here

alfred10

Post by alfred10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:24 am

I took a few pics with my Colt M4, Springer M1A, Benelli M4, and one of my 1911's. I have my assault pack contents and will get more pics of my main bag at a later date. My has an ACOG, Bipod, light, and sling.

I put a can of old bear spray in so you guys know I didnt find these online haha my trademark

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ebby

Post by Ebby » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:57 am

Well I'll be damned...
Overkill never fails.

Regulator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Dawn of the dead II, Shaun of the Dead,

Post by Regulator » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 am

ah hahaha! Feel the burn..

mantis

Post by mantis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:12 am

alfred10 wrote:My assault pack has:

1 Night star flash light.

1 Adventure medical emergency blanket

1 cammel bak bladder.

1 set of fishing hooks and line.

Medical tape, tolite paper, asprin,

1 Throw away camera

1 Off bug repellent

1 poncho (maybe I should replace with 1 or 2 usgi ponchos for a shelter?

1 mainstay food ration

1 Henry Us survival rifle with 300 rounds of mini mags .22

2 usgi canteens.
That plus the other stuff doesn't weigh anywhere even close to 120lbs of gear which is what you told us you carry.

mega-hertz
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, 28 days(the one where Sandra bullock goes to rehab and has to kill her way back to the bar and gets naked a lot when she fights all those zombies)

Post by mega-hertz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:48 am

ok........... now i'm not trying to flame you, this is purely constructive.
please tell me that your not going to carry 4 long guns with you.
i'm a big fan of usgi canteen w/ cup set up, i just with that they were see through.
also i would like to see you add some real food.
i also would dith the spare boots.
a good start anyways
" I'm hiding in Honduras. I'm a desperate man. Send lawyers, guns and money. The $h!t has hit the fan." Warren Zevon......R.I.P.
fart lol!

alfred10

Post by alfred10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:21 am

It adds up to 120 with my interceptor vest, ammo, plates, handgun and more ammo.

I was planning on taking the Henry US .22 Lr rifle, one .45 cal hand gun, and one combat long gun. Im ditching the interceptor for regular second chance armor. Im also just wearing a basic plate carrier over that.

Other than my guns, ammo, and armor, is the gear thats in my pack the right ammount if I ditch the spare boots and add a tent?

mantis

Post by mantis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 am

alfred10 wrote:It adds up to 120 with my interceptor vest, ammo, plates, handgun and more ammo.

I was planning on taking the Henry US .22 Lr rifle, one .45 cal hand gun, and one combat long gun. Im ditching the interceptor for regular second chance armor. Im also just wearing a basic plate carrier over that.

Other than my guns, ammo, and armor, is the gear thats in my pack the right ammount if I ditch the spare boots and add a tent?
I'd lose the body armour altogether - it's not like you're going to be getting into firefights in the event of a disaster. If you do, you'll get yourself killed anyway even with the armour. I'd also rethink the whole military look - since you're not military, you don't want to look that way because it will just attract unwanted attention from members of the public as well as real military personnel who probably wouldn't take to kindly to you. Your focus seems to be on weapons and tacticool junk. You main priorities should be: shelter/heat, water and food.

alfred10

Post by alfred10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 am

What other types of food should i carry? I like the MainStay b.c they can keep you alive for 3 days each.

oldsoldier
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead got it rolling for me, although, classics like White Zombie are fun to watch as well

Post by oldsoldier » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:52 am

Alfred, you posted pics, so I will now eat my words. But, let me critique a little:
Remember, you arent military when SHTF. Yes, military gear is cool, most of it is rugged-but, if something WERE to happen, your primary goal is to GTFO, and get somewhere safe. Highly likely, you are looking at some sort of natural disaster (earthquake, fire, hurricane, etc). NONE of these things will require you to be wearing IBA, or carrying 4 or 5 weapons, nevermind 1000+ rounds of ammo. Dump the IBA shit, dont load up for bear, and your weight drops by 1/3, EASILY. One man can NOT sustain a firefight-two on one, one will lose, due to lack of manueverability. Battle Drill 1A-suppress and move. Alone, you cannot do either of those. In a real world bug out, your firearms will likely be defensive in purpose only-think about it; do you really think that, in the event of a local emergency, they want civilians walking around, looking like the military?
I personally think you are WAY overdoing it. The liklihood of a national collapse where there is no authority whatsoever, it its like the Wild West, are, IMHO, almost nil. Not to say it isnt something to perhaps supplies on hand for (which you most certainly appear to have), but, in reality, you would be moving to a safer location. Carrying too much shit on your back, you're going nowhere fast.
I suggest re-evaluating what you have, and break it down: shelter, food, fire, defense. Keeping to that, you willdrastically reduce what you carry.

I s
Feel free to check out our ZS chapter 022 FB page as well. This can be found here

Return to “Bug Out Gear”