What have you bought lately? (Bug Out Version)

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

allofthemonkeys

Re: What have you bought lately? (Bug Out Version)

Post by allofthemonkeys » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 pm

A new nalgene stainless steel cup
When I was born, they told me the chance of getting out of this life alive was slim.

shadowman01

Post by shadowman01 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:09 pm

ok my 1st post i,ll bite, keep in mind i,m just getting started, firearms, AR-15, AK-47, 45CAL Rifle, 22mag Aasualt rifle, all these with 25 to 40 rd clips and extra clips, 9mm uzi with 3 40 rd mags, 5 assorted 9mm handgugs, a 380 for the wifes purse, a 22mag mini for my pocket, a 32 cal for my pocket and a 22 auto for the ankle, and my personal favorite a a witnesss P 10mm takes a handgun to a whole new level if you have thought about one shoot it you,ll buy it, and i have enough ammo to last quite some time if needed and i have 1 more firearm to buy since i don,t own one and thats an assualt shotgun holds 21 sheels, 20 plus one in the chamber i,ll have it in a month.... boot knives, throwing knives, and all around bucthering knifes, i,m not bad at making fire, i have 3 geiger couinters and a dozen dosimeters and chargers, military style gas masks, purification for water and the means to purify bad water to good and while i,ll not mention these items i beleive i have more then enough of the right stuff to barter with if need be, food and shealter we are working on but its just me and the wife we are looking for a group where we can contribute one way or another, there is a lot i,m not putting here just because of room and having it all on the brain right now, we are in no way radicals, right now i,m reading on identifying plants/trees/bushes and what have you that i can,t identify right now....getting certain places marked on gps but really learing about the ol;d fashioned map and topo mapi have to stop i could go on.....i,m looking for a group somewhere around pittsburgh or tri state area... have no issues driving if anyone needs a few good common sense people who can carry their own and are willing to work and be part of a team or community there are 2 of us because its gonna take a village to survive if it comes down to it.

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:25 pm

shadowman01 wrote:ok my 1st post i,ll bite, keep in mind i,m just getting started, firearms, AR-15, AK-47, 45CAL Rifle, 22mag Aasualt rifle, all these with 25 to 40 rd clips and extra clips, 9mm uzi with 3 40 rd mags, 5 assorted 9mm handgugs, a 380 for the wifes purse, a 22mag mini for my pocket, a 32 cal for my pocket and a 22 auto for the ankle, and my personal favorite a a witnesss P 10mm takes a handgun to a whole new level if you have thought about one shoot it you,ll buy it, and i have enough ammo to last quite some time if needed and i have 1 more firearm to buy since i don,t own one and thats an assualt shotgun holds 21 sheels, 20 plus one in the chamber i,ll have it in a month.... boot knives, throwing knives, and all around bucthering knifes, i,m not bad at making fire, i have 3 geiger couinters and a dozen dosimeters and chargers, military style gas masks, purification for water and the means to purify bad water to good and while i,ll not mention these items i beleive i have more then enough of the right stuff to barter with if need be, food and shealter we are working on but its just me and the wife we are looking for a group where we can contribute one way or another, there is a lot i,m not putting here just because of room and having it all on the brain right now, we are in no way radicals, right now i,m reading on identifying plants/trees/bushes and what have you that i can,t identify right now....getting certain places marked on gps but really learing about the ol;d fashioned map and topo mapi have to stop i could go on.....i,m looking for a group somewhere around pittsburgh or tri state area... have no issues driving if anyone needs a few good common sense people who can carry their own and are willing to work and be part of a team or community there are 2 of us because its gonna take a village to survive if it comes down to it.
Welcome shadowman01...on a side note, using proper punctuation, word/sentence structure, makes posts much easier and enjoyable to read. I quit after the first part (I'd say sentence, but the whole thing is one sentence). But, we welcome new comers and like what they have to add. On topic, I just got 10 gallons of "real gas" (premium w/ no ethanol/additives) to store for my genny. Just gotta add my "Stabil" to it now. I have a feeling this winters going to be bad...we haven't had a real strom in these parts for a good while.
Last edited by angelofwar on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

claverhouse

Post by claverhouse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:08 pm

I managed to finally track down a Maxpedition Bottle Carrier in 12 x 5 - they are pretty rare here in that size and damn expensive when you can find them so I was happy to get one delivered for £30. Now My Jetboil and cooking gear have a snug new home.
He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all.

kingskorners

Post by kingskorners » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:50 pm

3 pr wool socks
1 wool sweater
1 fleece
1 pack survival dogfood
1 twisty tie and 15' tie out cable
1 steripen with solar charger and 3 sets of batteries
1 Eureka Solo tent
military sleep system

Expensive day, but so well worth it.

SolidCopper
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Strippers, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, etc

Post by SolidCopper » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:33 pm

For my go bag:

Inova Microlights: 10ish hour burn time, replaceable batteries, high/low/strobe programmable (for emergency light and marking the positions/locations of things)
SOF-T torniquetts
Kerlix
Coflex
Quickclot Combat Gauze

Also, saved my pennies, spent some money to attend some training.
"Despite careful planning, we usually end up accomplishing our mission through brute force and ignorance." - SSG. Baskerville

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Schrade SCHF10 for the bug out bag (and camping ;)):

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

grapplingunner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Post by grapplingunner » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:31 pm

PSA had a sale going on this weekend. Picked up stripped lower in store and ordered these:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... -mags.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... black.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:04 pm

grapplingunner wrote:PSA had a sale going on this weekend. Picked up stripped lower in store and ordered these:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... -mags.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... black.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PSA has "daily deals" and "weekend specials" all the time.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Arsenul
Favorite Zombie Movies: meh

Post by Arsenul » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet
Two headlamps
Bandana
$20.00 tent
Another tablet I forget the name of.
Tell me I can't do it and watch as I prove you wrong.

Mum-O-Killowe

Post by Mum-O-Killowe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Picked up a Ruger 10/22 in Digital Camo today on the cheap. Now to find a matching scope...

jdavidboyd

Post by jdavidboyd » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Just got a Maxpedition Neatfreak, and a Duluth Packs Serengeti leather mini haversack. Now I can carry a little more stuff in an easy to position bag, rather than having to bury it in my BOB.

What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

echo2

Post by echo2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:42 pm

echo2

Post by echo2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 pm

catdog6949

Post by catdog6949 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:58 am

Camelback Transformer pack and a 5 11 Rush 72 pack which I traded my ILBE for much lighter and still holds all my gear and food for extended wilderness stays and these also my inch/ bugout bags I still have room in the 5 11 rush 72! Sometimes trading stuff just works out well!

The person who got my ILBE is very happy since he wanted a military pack.

Cat and Turtle

koolaidND
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 weeks, 28 days, resident evil series, zombieland

Post by koolaidND » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm

I hadn't Coopxgear EDC bag come in this week. Here's a pic of it attached to my Maxpedition Malaga.
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/09/y6aseba5.jpg[/img]][img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/09/6ura4ary.jpg[/img]]

I also have a couple packages coming from Tactical Tailor thanks to their 35% off sale. I have a Mini Mav, mag pouch and an accessory pouch coming. I plan on using the Mini Mav as BOB utility chest rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are people who are pissed off every day I wake up alive...that also makes me happy. - Raptor.

GRPABT1

What have you bought lately? (Bug Out Version)

Post by GRPABT1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:08 am

Hi I'm Josh, new to this forum and this is my first read/post. I thought I may have been a little obsessed before but now I see that I'm not alone haha. I live in Australia where it's a little harder to obtain firearms and I'm not really interested in them just yet anyway. I have however just bought a Martin saber recurve bow and plenty of gear which I plan to practice hunting pigs. I have also bought a rather large knife to accommodate that bow for hunting/fighting of zombie hordes. On top of that I'm an avid camping enthusiast with a healthy collection of gear making survival that much easier. Conveniently my house is a veritable prison with steel bars on every window and masonry block construction including a barred off front patio/BBQ area which would make for a nice place to pick off stray undead. I'm considering some armor which I will elaborate in when I get it. And I almost forgot, my baby, a custom Samurai sword (authentic usable quality). Anyway, everyone likes pics.
ImageImageImage

rockNroll

Post by rockNroll » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Newest additions:

xd dude

Post by xd dude » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 am

Stainless bottle and s/m dry box. $5 for both in the clearance isle at wallyworld.

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Got this like new USGI modular sleeping bag for $20 at a local consignment shop

"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

miles
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by miles » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:58 pm

I bought some more ammo today and not really gear but got an NRA membership for the first time.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Got a near new multicam Camelbak Lynchpin by trading two Otis deluxe cleaning kits from a pile of them I have been selling on Craiglist for $50 each, so not bad...
Bought a new Gen 2 PCU Level 7 Primaloft vest in sage off of eBay after back and forth best offers; $65 and free shipping was the final price
Picked up a Gen 2 USMC Combat Desert (hybrid) Jacket in desert MARPAT from a local shop just for fun. Was $99 out the door
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

echo2

Post by echo2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:20 pm

$9...:)

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Actually it was 2 weekends ago I was at the gun show and the guy I buy my ammo cans from had a 40# cratering charge canister. I'd never seen one so I picked one up. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with it... lol :clap:
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Return to “Bug Out Gear”