Mmmm... Minty new! I am away from the casa but if you would like I'll get a comparo of the old and new steels I can get it up tomorrow.
Thanks for the pic! saw the "Army" model the other day when I was at the store, and was going to grab it (I currently have the "Scout"), but had some higher priority things to acquire.
Been out of town a bit, but between yesterday and my time gone, grabbed the following:
1) 3ea. Strap Gear 12" Bungee's in Sage Green for securing my sleep gear to my pack or to assist in shelter construction.
2) Camel Back insulated bottle carrier with MOLLE straps in ACU. Fit's my2nd 1-liter nalgene nicely, and will assist in keeping it colder/warmer longer.
3) Grabbed a 2nd Nalgene Bottle (1-Liter)
4) SS Alpine Cup for my Nalgene
5) 150# Nite-Ize Figure=9 just to try it out...liked it A LOT, so I will be grabbing a few more to assist in shelter construction, etc.
6) Large Out-Go Camping Towel (Been putting this one off for awhile, but after seeing my room-mate with one where I was at, I finally decided to go ahead and grab it...a lot better than taking regular towels camping, etc.
7)Another pack of Mini-Bics to spread through -out my kits/FAKS...can never have to much fire!
8) A few smaller peli's for my delicate gear/smaller items; Peli 1060, 1010. 1030.
9) 4 Spools of USGI trip wire, for the M-18, for use as snare wire.
10) A Flying Circles ditty bag; makes for a great camping FAK container...just fold it open, and all your stuff is there and visible.
11) Got the larger "Redi-Edge" Knife Sharpener, and since it had a different angle at which it sharpened the blades, I just tied it to my smaller one, so I can run it through the 60deg. one first, and then the 40deg.
12) USGI Bayonet...just cause!
13) Some sticks of camo-face paint.
14) Grundig M400 Shortwave Radio. If I'm going to take a radio with me bugging out, it's going to be quality...while it is fidgity, once you leanr it's tempermants, it's an awesoe little radio.
15) Another 4-pack of Eneloops
16) SOL Emergency Bivvy...this suckers warm! (The bag could be better quality though)
17) 2 Tru-Spec Multi-Cam MOLLE Canteen/GP pouches. Love these tons more than the ALICE ones.
18) Coyote Brown Tru-Spec 24/7 Tactical Pants...LOVE 'Em!!!! Going to grab a khaki or OD pair next payday, for the winter.