Just to explain some things... I do not have a lot of money to create several kits and make a lot of redundancies.
Therefore, I have two kits: EDC and BOB. EDC will become part of my BOB in case of....
Some of the things like multi-tool are not part of my BOB, because it is part of my EDC.
My EDC (Every Day Carry) Bag
Manufactured by UTG. It's a knock off from Maxpedition bag.
Great bag. Good quality. Looks good and manly. I strongly endorse it.
Purchased from cheaperthandirt.com
CONTENTS OF MY EDC BAG:
1. FAK (First Aid Kit)
- This kit is pretty extensive because I also use it when I go biking.
Pouch is by Condor, purchased from cheaperthandirt.com.
Kit contains QuickClot, bandages, medicine, and many many more things.
I will try to show details later.
3. Clif Bar
4. Nature Valley Bar
5. Starbucks instant coffee (mixes well in cold water also to make Ice Coffee)
6. Sun Glasses
7. Survival Kit with ranger bands:
- BIC mini, Scout Firesteel, duct tape, box cutter blade, wire saw, cotton balls w/ Vaseline, fishing kit, some other misc. stuff
9. Marine Whistle (got it free from http://www.itwnexus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Read http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... ff+buckles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
10. Antibacterial Soap
11. Facial Tissues
15. Bug Repellent
16. Chemlight stick 6-hours (these things run for about 10 hours... no kidding)
17. Pencil (fits in Leatherman pouch)
18. Leatherman Wave (a MUST have for everyone)
19. Folding knife
20. 550 Paracord
21. Cheap LED flashlight (saving $ for Surefire of Fenix, BTW recommendations are welcome)
22. Aquamira Frontier Filter Emergency Straw
23. Floss (stuff gets stock between my teeth )
24. Lip Balm
26. Nalgene bottle (shown in the photo above.
27. TOPO Maps of areas I may be in: home, work, family (printed from mytopo.com...
- Though I have them, I am not impressed with them, and would not recommend it. Not detailed enough)
29. Waterproof pouch
30. More printed maps
31. Wet Ones
Also, this bag has a hidden pocket for a firearm. Guess what I carry there (not shown in this pic):
32. 3 Diapers
34. Butt Cream
35. Sun block
What do I use this stuff for you ask? 8) For my little baby girl. This bag serves as a Diaper Bag also.
...This EDC bag is only half full with all this stuff there with plenty of space for day-to-day things to throw in.
EDC things I carry on me:
- Most of the items on the keychain came from Ranger Rick's SOS Kit.
Check him out at http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Pealess Whistle. Glows in the dark. Tie it to paracord and use it for signaling. - http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. Tri-Folding Signaling Mirror with Orange Duct Tape, 2 ranger bands - http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4. Mini-Folding Knife - http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
5. Fire Steel - http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6. Compass - http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7. Kingston USB Key with hardware-based encryption
8. Mini-light (alternative to Phanton but not as good) - http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
9. Condom, 4 purifications tabs, ranger band - http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
10. HTS Droid Incredible (and yes... this thing is incredible)
- a. phone & e-mail
b. GPS, Driving, walking, biking Navigation
d. 8 mega pixel camera
e. Calendar, data, and maaaanny more things.
- $400 MSRP
Amazaon price: $240 - well worth it. Looks great.
a. Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping
b. Digital Compass
f. Tide and Moon Graphs and Moon Age Data
g. 200M Water Resistant
h. Countdown (Yacht) Timer
i. 5 Daily alarms
j. Full auto-calendar
Make it yourself: http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracor ... se-buckle/
DAMN THAT IS A LOT OF STUFF FOR EVERY DAY CARRY. BELIVE ME IT LOOKS SCARIER ON PAPER.
HOWEVER, MOST PEOPLE (EVEN MY WIFE) DO NOT REALIZE I HAVE ALL THIS STUFF ON ME.
IT'S WELL PACKED AND ORGONIZED.
ALSO: I used to carry a hand gun. However, I am petrified that my daughter may somehow become curious and reach for the trigger while I am not paying attention.
So, I am taking my chances with every day bad guys. I am a suburban dweller, so I live with the false sense of security that keeps me comfy.
NOW TO MY Bug Out Bag....
This is a nice bag. I saw many variations of it. I like this one.
Purchased from cheaperthandirt.com
Made by Condor.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDeta ... ku=BAG-220
1. MSR SweetWater Microfilter
2. Trash Bags, large Ziploc Bags, Foil paper
3. Smaller Ziploc bags, rubber bands
4. 42 gal Contractor bag
5. German ESBIT Stove and 6 Fuel Tablet Folds for Compact Fit In your Pocket or Pack - $4.97 at cheaperthandirt.com
6. USGI Canteen Cup
7. USGI Canteen
8. Candles & WetFire Cubes
9. Cotton Balls with Vaseline
10. Matches in waterproof case
11. Swiss M1 Stove Gel Fuel, Aluminum Stove - purchased dirt cheap from cheaperthandirt.com - $3.97
I think the aluminum stove it comes with is worth just that. Can be used with sterno later.
Unfortunately, no longer available.
12. Aquamira Water Treatment Drops
13. Cobra 2-way radios. I will be bugging out with family. May need to communicate
15. Whistle w/ thermometer and w/ compass
16. Firesteel - $6 @ Wal-Mart
17. Lip Balm
18. Eton Crank Radio with flashlight, and USB Phone charger
19. Keychain Flashlight
20. Cheap flashlight - $5 for 2 at Home Depot. Works ok, saving up for Surefire or Fenix
. Edit: Finally upgraded to SureFire 6P LED. Now I see what I was missing.
23. 40S&W Hollow Points Rounds
24. Pistol Mag
25. Sugar, Salt, Pepper
26. Blastmatch Fire Starter
27. SaberCut Hand Saw Lightweight - $22.97 at cheaperthandirt.com - this thing is worth every penny.
28. Marine Whistle (got it free from http://www.itwnexus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Read http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... ff+buckles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
29. 1-Pencils with Duct Tape, 1-Pencil with electrical tape
30. More Duct tape.
31. Automatic Folder - pretty nice little knife- AUS8.
32. P-51 Can opener (P-38's bigger brother)
33. Road Flare
34. Money: $120 in bills, roll of quarters, some broken gold jewelry, "gold" quarters (I don't know... they look cool)
35. Water Purification Tabs
36. 3 Hand warmers
37. 100' of 550 paracord
38. Survival Guide
39. 3 Emergency Space Blankets
40. WetOnes, toilet paper, bug spray, toothpaste, etc.
41. Signaling Mirror
42. Super Glue
43. Blood Clotting Spray - I know it's large. But it is so effective.
For some reason you can not buy blood clotting spray from your nationhood CVS or Walgreen’s.
I had to buy it from zeemedical.com.
44. Camo Face Paint - had it from good old days, decided to throw it in
45. ChemLight sticks.
46. Zip ties
48. Sawing Kit
49. Water Bottle Pouch - holds Swiss Stove or Jetboil, and my utensils in front pocket.
Great pouch, but I think a little pricey.
50. Swiss Ranger Volcano Stove Kit: Bottle with Cork Lid, Canteen Cup, Stove
Works well, pain to clean, but works with a little bit of wood.
51. Jetboil cooking system
52. Utensils that come with Jetboil Set.
53. This pan also comes in the set, but I doubt if it will make my BOB.
These are my water containers as you seen some before. 5 gallon container added.
I also have a Camelback bladder in my pack, and don't forget the condom on the key chain .
This is my BOB's FAK. It's pretty extensive. I will have to get into it a little later.
I will update this post with the contents later.
If my bugging out will not be in the car, I will have to place my BOB contents into this really nice OSPREY bag.
Pros: Comfortable with internal frame. Inconspicuous. Does not look tactical so does not attract attention.
Cons: Not MOLLE compatible. That sucks!
1. UGO SKS - I have plenty of ammo.
2. Binoculars for spotting
3. HK USP40 - if I knew ammo will be so expensive I would settle for 9mm.
4. SOG Seal Pop Elite Knife - I chose nylon sheave because you can carry it horizontally on your belt.
5. Gerber LMF II Infantry Knife- sharpening tool in the sheave
I forgot this guy. He stays in my pack. I saw some people commenting other posts against entrenching tools. I don't understand why. I use my often. I would not want to dig with my knife or my hands.
These are some of the clothes.
2. Swiss Military Alpenflage Ponchos
sportsmansguide.com sells 5 of them for $14.97. Hack of the deal. On ebay they sell one for $18.
The negative of this poncho, you can not use it as a shelter.
I am currently shopping for USGI poncho. I found one brand new in my local Mil Surplus store. Guy wants $45 for it. Is it worth it?
3. Merino Wool Socks
4. Boonie Hat
6. Light Hiking Pants that convert to shorts.
7. USGI Belt with 550 paracord on it.
8. Work Gloves
9. USGI Glove Inserts
10. Thin Gloves - I buy these gloves for $.99/pair at Wal-Mart and stick them everywhere.
They are awesome because they are cheap, warm, thin, and light. When they rip, I throw them out.
My hands are never cold.
DOCUMENTS - picture added on May 14, 2010 Update
Copies of passports, insurance, CC cards, birth certs, etc.
I went to Kinko’s and color photocopied everything.
Placed it in the waterproof bag.
Besides all this stuff, I have a tent, sleeping bags for family, and other camping crap.
OK. This is it for my existing BOB. I am sure I am missing some stuff.
What I am planning to purchase :
Not in any order...
1. Flare Pen Gun
2. ---Surefire or Fenix--- Purchased
3. Casualty blanket - Space Blanket- 8X4 tarp
4. Radiation pills
5. Hatchet - I think I need one...
6. Good compass
7. Snare wire
Note: I know I did not get into food. However, I do have some bouillon cubes, Beef jerky, Cliff Bars. I need to buy some substantial food though.
Edit: June 18, 2010
Purchased couple more things.
1. SureFire 6P LED Flashlight
2. Two (2) SureFire 123A extra batteries - 10 yr shelf life
3. Two (2) NITE IZE Figure 9 Carabiner Rope Tightener
4. Two (2) Light My Fire Sporks
5. SMITH ABRASIVES Diamond Retractable Tool Sharpener
I decided to do it right. I moved my FAKs to First Aid section. Please check it out:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=64002
OK I am done for now. Please start ripping this apart as much as possible! The only way to make it better, and make me better prepared.