Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

aa1pr
* * * * *
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: [size=14][b]I got [color=red]%65.3669724770642[/color][/b] on the
[url=http://zomboid.com/zombie]Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Quiz![/url][/size]
Location: Vermont Mountains

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by aa1pr » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Veritas wrote:This is the guy I bought mine from: http://cgi.ebay.com/USGI-Poncho-LINER-N ... 080wt_1167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But now all he has are the liners, used or new. He is legit, it had all the right markings and everything. I think elkhills might have bought his from him also, but don't quote me on that.
This guy put the screws to me last year on a molle patrol pack. Instead I got a POS CFP90 patrol pack in crappy condition & when I questioned him why, his response was I did not have it in stock and did not think you would know otherwise as any pack is better than none.
Take your chances....

User avatar
Crimson Phoenix
* * * *
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:01 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.
Location: Aggieland-South

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:09 am

Because apologizing for being freshly out of stock and refunding your money like any real business would do wasn't an option? Assuming your customers are stupid puts you in a lot of hot water. Wow, just wow.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on a woodland poncho liner to come in from Sportsmansguide.com. It was supposed to be here Friday, but campus shuts down early like always, so UPS couldn't deliver. Eventually, I'd like to make one with a hood and drawcord that can still fit into the existing poncho I got issued five years ago. At least this one will give me an idea how much material I'll need. Had a friend telling me there was some really warm yet thin batting that would be perfect for the project but she couldn't remember what it was called or where to order it from. I already found a source for the ripstop nylon material for the shell in coyote brown online, so that's a start once I know how much of it I'll need. If anybody knows of any patterns or kits I can get ideas from or any suggestions for the batting, that would be a great help.

User avatar
Veritas
* * * *
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:21 am

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Veritas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:23 am

aa1pr wrote:This guy put the screws to me last year on a molle patrol pack. Instead I got a POS CFP90 patrol pack in crappy condition & when I questioned him why, his response was I did not have it in stock and did not think you would know otherwise as any pack is better than none.
Take your chances....
Sorry man, that is weird considering the guy has such positive feedback. All I know is mine came as advertised. If my poncho is a fake, it is such a good one that it doesn't seem to matter...How did the situation resolve?
Veritas liberabit vos

FAK | IFAK || BOB | GHB

User avatar
Arch
* * * * *
Posts: 2702
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 pm
Location: The Police State!

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Arch » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 am

Veritas wrote:This is the guy I bought mine from: http://cgi.ebay.com/USGI-Poncho-LINER-N ... 080wt_1167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But now all he has are the liners, used or new. He is legit, it had all the right markings and everything. I think elkhills might have bought his from him also, but don't quote me on that.
I've bought from quick2pleeze twice (both times in 2008), and found the gear better than advertised. The shipping was FAST too.

"armysurpluswholesaleprices" on the other hand.....I bought a "BRAND NEW" USGI gore-tex bivy bag that turned out to be in about 50% condition. I politely contacted them and indicated that it even had HOLES in it from use and was not "new in bag". They aruged with me so I had to send pictures. Eventually they charged me shipping back to them, and did not return my original postage. I was out $24 in shipping both ways.
This thread was my final contribution to ZS:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=77253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My invitation to "take a break":

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 1#p1698421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

User avatar
Power Fail
* * *
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Power Fail » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm

111t wrote:The best economy poncho in existence is the swiss alpenflage vinyl ones. They smell like a shower curtain but they are very heavy duty and SG has them 5 for $15. Way heavier duty than anything else in the $3 poncho price class.

$3?! I dare you to beat it.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/ ... x?a=271373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're a great option for a "stock and forget" BOB.
These would be my vote too. Got a few at a local surplus store for 3 or 4 bucks, and I could not ask more out of a poncho for that price. It's quite large, so there's plenty of room for warm, layered clothing underneath. I seem to remember mosinme doing a review on them a good while back wherein he, a large guy in his own right, wore them over the backpack he had on, and had room to spare.

And "stock and forget" is exactly what I do with them: one in my bag, a couple in the trunk, etc. I often forget they're there until I need them, and then I couldn't be happier.

Plus, alpenflage is bitchin'.
JamesCannon wrote:I think he's also forgotten more about spelling and grammar than ... well it just seems he's forgotten a lot about it.
DannusMaximus wrote:Few things are more win than saving the day with something that other people think you're weird for hauling around. 8)

User avatar
Chris@MTCT
* * * * *
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Location: Spring,TX

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Chris@MTCT » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 pm

I would kill to protect my wooby..
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

User avatar
AZMedic
* * * * *
Posts: 3345
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by AZMedic » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:20 pm

gravediggerfour wrote:I would kill to protect my wooby..
I looked at the prices and damn...I can get 5 GI poncho liners for that price. Are they that good? Do I need to get one with my tax return?

Woobie or doobie?
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.
ZS Arizona Chapter 18: Officer

Front Offensive Line of SpamWar 6/10:Axis of Oxycontin8878 I was a warrior.
Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
AZMedic wrote:'86 damn almost missed this cutoff. I remember baywatch ya then I became a lifeguard and was like wtf this isn't the same......
I honestly thought you were around 45 + :lol:
He's crotchety enough.

WhoShotJR
* * * * *
Posts: 1565
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: OTP Atlanta

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by WhoShotJR » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:45 pm

AZMedic wrote:
gravediggerfour wrote:I would kill to protect my wooby..
I looked at the prices and damn...I can get 5 GI poncho liners for that price. Are they that good? Do I need to get one with my tax return?

Woobie or doobie?

Woobie, or wooby, is a generic term for a poncho liner. You're referring to the Kifaru version. Is it five times better than a USGI poncho liner? No. But it is significantly better. Everything I have heard/read says it can keep you comfortable down to around 15 degrees colder than the issue liner (I only own the Kifaru version, never tried USGI). It's like a lot of things you can buy, the best costs a lot more. Cars, wines, cigars, on and on. If you spend time outdoors and you can afford it, get the Kifaru woobie.

And never, ever let your wife/gf get their hands on it, unless you feel like buying another one. Trust me on that one.
Last edited by WhoShotJR on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AZMedic
* * * * *
Posts: 3345
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by AZMedic » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:47 pm

WhoShotJR wrote:
AZMedic wrote:
gravediggerfour wrote:I would kill to protect my wooby..
I looked at the prices and damn...I can get 5 GI poncho liners for that price. Are they that good? Do I need to get one with my tax return?

Woobie or doobie?

Woobie, or wooby, is a generic term for a poncho liner. You're referring to the Kifaru version. Is it five times better than a USGI poncho liner? No. But it is significantly better. Everything I have heard/read says it can keep you comfortable down to around 15 degrees colder than the issue liner (I only own the Kifaru version, never tried USGI). It's like a lot of things you can buy, the best costs a lot more. Cars, wines, cigars, on and on. If you spend time outdoors and you can afford it, get the Kifaru woobie.

And never, ever let your wife/gf get there hands on it, unless you feel like buying another one. Trust me on that one.
Thats what I am worried about. I take my sisters and other girls camping with me. I don't want one of them getting attached to the sucker. A $20 liner who cares but not a $100 liner sorry mine. 15 degrees can be a lot though might be worth it.
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.
ZS Arizona Chapter 18: Officer

Front Offensive Line of SpamWar 6/10:Axis of Oxycontin8878 I was a warrior.
Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
AZMedic wrote:'86 damn almost missed this cutoff. I remember baywatch ya then I became a lifeguard and was like wtf this isn't the same......
I honestly thought you were around 45 + :lol:
He's crotchety enough.

User avatar
Chris@MTCT
* * * * *
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Location: Spring,TX

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Chris@MTCT » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Mines a MARPAT woobie/wooby I picked it up brand new at the surplus store off base for 15 bucks. Not much call for MARPAT stuff around here and it sticks out when everyone else has woodland or ACU. It does make a light weight sleeping bag such as the od green one we get issued warmer down to about 30 degrees. Most of the time I just take it and the green one to the field in TX but then again if it starts to get too cold I just have my driver crank up the brad.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

User avatar
Crimson Phoenix
* * * *
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:01 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.
Location: Aggieland-South

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Mine just came in yesterday from Sportsman's Guide and I'm a little surprised, though not in a bad way. What I ordered was woodland camo and from what I understand, the one listed here is supposed to be surplus seconds, real US military issue, though they say nothing about being GSA or Berry compliant. Anyway, what I got is from a real government contractor, but it's not woodland camo, but brown dominant ERDL--similar shapes and colors, but in a smaller pattern, with the black shapes more stretched out and branch like. The pattern was in use around the Vietnam era and just after and was replaced by woodland. This makes me wonder if the company still prints in that camo pattern, or if it's new, unissued stock that's even older than I am.

Another thing I'm still trying to figure out is how best to fold the thing. I read in one of the reviews on Sportsman's Guide about one guy claiming to be able to fit it into the cargo pocket of his BDU, but I can't get it to go any smaller than maybe the dimensions of a 2L soda bottle by folding in half width-wise, folding in half again, and either folding into squares or rolling.

User avatar
111t
* * * * *
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: OLEAN NEW YORK USA EARTH

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by 111t » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Power Fail wrote:
111t wrote:The best economy poncho in existence is the swiss alpenflage vinyl ones. They smell like a shower curtain but they are very heavy duty and SG has them 5 for $15. Way heavier duty than anything else in the $3 poncho price class.

$3?! I dare you to beat it.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/ ... x?a=271373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're a great option for a "stock and forget" BOB.
These would be my vote too. Got a few at a local surplus store for 3 or 4 bucks, and I could not ask more out of a poncho for that price. It's quite large, so there's plenty of room for warm, layered clothing underneath. I seem to remember mosinme doing a review on them a good while back wherein he, a large guy in his own right, wore them over the backpack he had on, and had room to spare.

And "stock and forget" is exactly what I do with them: one in my bag, a couple in the trunk, etc. I often forget they're there until I need them, and then I couldn't be happier.

Plus, alpenflage is bitchin'.
There was a box waiting for me after work today. I had ordered another 5 pack from sportsman's guide because these things are such a great deal!!! I'm set for life now.

I also picked up another set of the SG firesteels (3 for $15) to 'spread around' in all of my kits. These things are great much bigger than a LMF scout and only slightly smaller than a LMF army.

I'm going to chime in about that e-bay seller. I haven't bought anything from the guy, so I don't have anything positive or negative to say about him from personal experience. But i do have a few observations based on the feedback record. Before i buy anything on ebay i always read the seller's negative feedback for the last year. There's no way to be a powerseller without the occasional dispute with a customer. It would be unreasonable to expect any different. That said i usually look for a pattern in the complaints. Usually it's just 'this took too long to ship' or 'i couldn't contact the seller' You'll be able to see a pattern if the seller is in the habit of selling things he doesn't have etc... (not applicable in this case) I fully understand that there are some unreasonable buyers out there, and if i was running a business i wouldn't want to let them walk all over me.

BUT...

With this guy, it seems that when something goes wrong, it goes really wrong. I've seen sellers stand up for themselves in the face of unreasonable buyers, but i've never seen such a consistent combative tone on the part of the seller. I'm really glad for the folks that have had good experiences, but his attitude was a major turn off to me.

...Just my $.02
All the best!
-Paul

"A rifle behind every blade of grass?"
"No, but any blade of grass"

Ferrocerium...You know how to spell it... This is how you pronounce it...[fer-oh-seer-ee-uhm]
Bushcraft/Dayhiking Kit
Three season 72 Hour Kit
Ledmark alcohol cookset!!!
New Production Kerosene Pressure Stoves!!!
Car Emergency Preparedness Kit

User avatar
CipherNameRaVeN
* * * * *
Posts: 2414
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quarantine, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later. The Road, Time of the Wolf (2004, French)
Location: South East PA

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by CipherNameRaVeN » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 am

rhunter1 wrote:
WhoShotJR wrote:Does anyone own both a Kifaru woobie and a regular military poncho liner? I have the Kifaru version and I'm wondering how they compare as far as how warm they are and how small they pack down.
I own G1 Woobie and a marpat military poncho liner. I'd rate the woobie at 40 degrees and the poncho liner to 55 as well. I got the poncho liner before the woobie and the poncho liner has been in the backup GHB ever since ;)
I am sorry... confused... I thought that poncho liner and a woobie is the same thing... It's not?
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.


BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

User avatar
CipherNameRaVeN
* * * * *
Posts: 2414
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quarantine, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later. The Road, Time of the Wolf (2004, French)
Location: South East PA

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by CipherNameRaVeN » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:51 am

mikieg wrote:condor outdoor website has ponchoes and liners. i am getting them next week. we'll see how good they are.
So? How good are they?
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.


BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

User avatar
rhunter1
* *
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:02 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Location: CONUS
Contact:

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by rhunter1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:33 pm

CipherNameRaVeN wrote:
rhunter1 wrote:
WhoShotJR wrote:Does anyone own both a Kifaru woobie and a regular military poncho liner? I have the Kifaru version and I'm wondering how they compare as far as how warm they are and how small they pack down.
I own G1 Woobie and a marpat military poncho liner. I'd rate the woobie at 40 degrees and the poncho liner to 55 as well. I got the poncho liner before the woobie and the poncho liner has been in the backup GHB ever since ;)
I am sorry... confused... I thought that poncho liner and a woobie is the same thing... It's not?
I should have specified: woobie = Kifaru woobie, poncho liner = .mil issue poncho liner. They are definitely not the same.

User avatar
Crimson Phoenix
* * * *
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:01 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.
Location: Aggieland-South

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Well, just taught myself how important it is to bring the poncho liner by not bringing one. Just got back from a 5 day trek to Big Bend National Park for geology and took a lighter, shorter blanket for the van and figured it would be chilly enough the mummy bag at night. One night of misery and two nights of sweating in my sleep because the bag was too warm showed me to listen to my friends to leave things behind when I know better. Only two nights was I actually comfortable. Should've gone with my original plan of mummy bag when it's cold, poncho liner when it's not cold enough for the mummy bag. That thing is warm and easy to shove out of place when riding around from site to site. Next time I'll listen to my own advance and let the inexperienced campers who outnumber me shove it when they tell me what to do.

Oh, another thing I wanted to ask: what's the proper or most efficient way (spacewise) to fold or roll and pack your poncho liner? Can it get down small enough to fit in something the size of a buttpack or 200 round SAW pouch?

aa1pr
* * * * *
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: [size=14][b]I got [color=red]%65.3669724770642[/color][/b] on the
[url=http://zomboid.com/zombie]Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Quiz![/url][/size]
Location: Vermont Mountains

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by aa1pr » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Veritas wrote:
aa1pr wrote:This guy put the screws to me last year on a molle patrol pack. Instead I got a POS CFP90 patrol pack in crappy condition & when I questioned him why, his response was I did not have it in stock and did not think you would know otherwise as any pack is better than none.
Take your chances....
Sorry man, that is weird considering the guy has such positive feedback. All I know is mine came as advertised. If my poncho is a fake, it is such a good one that it doesn't seem to matter...How did the situation resolve?
Paypal got my $$ back for me.

Ufdyixcaff
* * * * *
Posts: 3696
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Ufdyixcaff » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Crimson Phoenix wrote:Had a friend telling me there was some really warm yet thin batting that would be perfect for the project but she couldn't remember what it was called or where to order it from. I already found a source for the ripstop nylon material for the shell in coyote brown online
If you tell me where you found coyote brown ripstop nylon in 1.1oz (or less) weight in a 5ft wide by 14ft long (need enough for both sides) section, I will tell you where to get insulation ;)

User avatar
Crimson Phoenix
* * * *
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:01 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.
Location: Aggieland-South

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Suizen wrote:
Crimson Phoenix wrote:Had a friend telling me there was some really warm yet thin batting that would be perfect for the project but she couldn't remember what it was called or where to order it from. I already found a source for the ripstop nylon material for the shell in coyote brown online
If you tell me where you found coyote brown ripstop nylon in 1.1oz (or less) weight in a 5ft wide by 14ft long (need enough for both sides) section, I will tell you where to get insulation ;)
One of the few items they still actually have in stock. http://www.diytacticalstore.com/catalog ... conds.html

WhoShotJR
* * * * *
Posts: 1565
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: OTP Atlanta

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by WhoShotJR » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Crimson Phoenix wrote:Had a friend telling me there was some really warm yet thin batting that would be perfect for the project but she couldn't remember what it was called or where to order it from. I already found a source for the ripstop nylon material for the shell in coyote brown online, so that's a start once I know how much of it I'll need. If anybody knows of any patterns or kits I can get ideas from or any suggestions for the batting, that would be a great help.

Climashield here http://www.owfinc.com/Fabrics/insulation.asp.

Ufdyixcaff
* * * * *
Posts: 3696
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Ufdyixcaff » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Crimson Phoenix wrote:
Suizen wrote:
Crimson Phoenix wrote:Had a friend telling me there was some really warm yet thin batting that would be perfect for the project but she couldn't remember what it was called or where to order it from. I already found a source for the ripstop nylon material for the shell in coyote brown online
If you tell me where you found coyote brown ripstop nylon in 1.1oz (or less) weight in a 5ft wide by 14ft long (need enough for both sides) section, I will tell you where to get insulation ;)
One of the few items they still actually have in stock. http://www.diytacticalstore.com/catalog ... conds.html
SWEET!

The insulation is here - Climasheild XP and Combat as well as Primaloft Sport.

:)

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by ninja-elbow » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:25 pm

I own 2 woobies: GI Issue woodland and an OD knock-off. Both have been indespensible to me. The knock-off one seems thicker and "stiffer" than the GI one but both have worked in some incredibly cold and wet conditions.

Things they have done:
Saved my ass in OR Wintergeddon I when I draped it over myself and my bivvy and mummybag. Was enough to keep me warm and get about an hour or so of sleep.
Saved my ass in OR Wintergeddon II when my ground mat started failing on me and I folded it up and shoved it under my mummybag inside my bivvy.
Added cammo to a stunt pad/mat while filming some scenes in The Last Stand. Could not keep pad out of shot and could not change angle so instead of scrapping the shot I put my woodland wooby over the pad and it disappeared from the shot.
Same wooby, same filing crew but in an abandonned and powerless building filming some scenes in October. Got cold while waiting around for my scenes for a few hours so wrapped myself up in my wooby.

I truly love my woobies. Now, to just find ponchos that please me.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Ufdyixcaff
* * * * *
Posts: 3696
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Ufdyixcaff » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:32 pm

DOH! I just noticed thru-hiker has .9oz ripstop fabric in Coyote, as well as "gray/green" (Foliage).

Do one side in coyote, the other in foliage and fill with 5oz XP.... pretty badass woobie.

User avatar
Crimson Phoenix
* * * *
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:01 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.
Location: Aggieland-South

Re: Ponchos and Poncho Liners

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'd rather go for half and half OD and coyote. If anybody has a pattern, I'd appreciate it. Still like to look into adding in a hood with drawcord that can nest into the issue poncho's own hood.

Post Reply

Return to “Bug Out Gear”