Knight_308's EDC

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

knight_308

Knight_308's EDC

Post by knight_308 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Since I'm fairly new here I thought I'd share my EDC. I'll post my GHB and BOB in a few weeks when I get the chance to unload it all. Sorry about the cell phone pic.

In pockets:
Cheap S&W Folder. Works OK, still sharp, but I'd like to find something better.
SAK - Victorinox Explorer. Scales should be replaced (currently held on w/Gorilla Glue), but otherwise fantastic.
Keys - Usual assortment, plus a Firesteel.
Lighter - Cheap BIC. Easily replaced when I lend it to a smoker and it doesn't come back.
Bandanna
Wallet - I keep a flat of duct tape and some bandaids in it.

On belt:
Surefire G2 - took me a while to get used to the holster (rides high), but it gives me a convenient place to hang my hat.
Older Craftsman multitool - Apparently it's a rebranded Schrade. My number one complaint is the non-standard bit size for the screwdriver. I haven't replaced it because I haven't found a multitool that has the awesome slip joint pliers with the big jaws. I keep a Sharpie and a couple pens in the holster's pen pocket.

Not shown:
Colt Combat Commander - If I'm not at one of my employers it's in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. At one of my employers it gets left in the car and at the other I use a pager pal holster.
Leather magazine pouch - only worn when not at work.
Dash cell phone - used to take the pic.
Proud to be a Cake Browncoat: "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

knight_308's EDC

knight_308

Re: Knight_308's EDC

Post by knight_308 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:49 am

In my humble opinion the pager pal is about the worst thing out there, but still lightyears better than going unarmed. I've practiced my draw, but it's still really slow. It's not particularly comfortable, either.

On the other hand, if I wasn't carrying a frakking brick in my pants it might be a different story. I think it would definitely work well with smaller pistols.

If you can carry IWB at work without much trouble, I think you'd be happier with that.
Proud to be a Cake Browncoat: "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

knight_308's EDC

Return to “Bug Out Gear”