Eagle Armor Carrier w/ pics

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

HurricaneDave

Re: Eagle Armor Carrier w/ pics

Post by HurricaneDave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Have you tried the PACA Low-Vis and if so, can you compare the two? The Eagle is in 500D nylon, while the PACA i had (without really knowing) sure didn't feel like 500D.
Will the 'thicker' Eagle Low-Vis be bulky if you carry something on top, say a Plate Carrier or Chest Rig?

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Citizen Simon wrote:Could be worse, you could be 'A Big Piece Of Shit'
Aww fuck. I'm "Big Piece Of Shit". Gorram it!
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Hoot Harrington

Post by Hoot Harrington » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 am

Not to be off topic, but nice hardwood floors.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:04 am

HurricaneDave wrote:Have you tried the PACA Low-Vis and if so, can you compare the two? The Eagle is in 500D nylon, while the PACA i had (without really knowing) sure didn't feel like 500D.
Will the 'thicker' Eagle Low-Vis be bulky if you carry something on top, say a Plate Carrier or Chest Rig?

No, I did not try the PACA Low-Vis. I *almost* got it, actually, but the better price on the Eagle, and the fact that I implicitly trust Eagle's stuff, drove me in that direction instead.

Oh yes, the Eagle will absolutely be bulky if I put stuff on top of it, and it would be pretty hard to hide period, once the plates are in it. I think that's true of all armor though. you just cant hide gigantic half-inch thick curved plates. Either you're wearing armor, or you're smuggling books.

Like I said, I may end up pulling out the plates completely, so I can use it as a IIIA concealable vest, and then building a rig with plates and the rest to use if I need battle rattle.

Lots more options than with a gigantic MOLLE armor carrier, thats for sure.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 pm

With all the modular shingle stuff out there now, it would easy to sew on two strips of webbingand attach two buckles and be able to add a small magazine shingle when you do want to carry mags and peel it off when you run it slick.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”