EDC and PSK version 1.0

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

nobodyspecial
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them.

EDC and PSK version 1.0

Post by nobodyspecial » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Even tho I have been in the army and go camping all the time I seem to never pack smaller kits, like a PSK, for eazier packing. So Im starting to get them together but I might be missing somethings and/or I got stuff I just don't need so I'm posting my junk and after all the reviews, I'll redo it right.
To start Im posting my EDC and PSK first. Then Ill post my GHB and BOB and maybe my INCH(if I can organize it all).

EDC

The pic isnt the greatest, but starting from left to right.
LED flashlight - carry in my jacket pocket
knife
lighter - in my jacket
light/compass/thermometer that I wear on my jacket zipper
compass - in jacket
mini-multitool + carabiner- on person
notebook +pen +pencil+deck of cards - in jacket
pillcase with aspirin, loperamide hydrochloride, loratadine, tums, acetaminophen - in lunch cooler
bandaids + triple antibiotic in waterproof case - in lunch cooler
a few bottles of water - in lunch cooler

these are just some basic items I carry on me or very close on an everyday basis.

Now for my PSK, which I carry in my GHB

the case, when closed, is about the size of a wallet. and contains:
storm matches(20)
tinder(4)
safety pins, varied sizes(5)
p-38 can opener
glue gun stick
razor blade
needles(2)
fishing line(20ft)
sinkers(8)
fishing jigs(3)
fishing hooks, varied(10)
tourniquet
bandaids(8)
pepto pills(6)
mini flashlight
triple antibiotic
burncream
purell hand sanitizer

This is all taking for granted that I got my EDC stuff.
You may ask 'why a tourniquet and only bandaids?' because this is just packing for smaller items and this will go with my GHB, which has more medical gear. I may look unorganized, but when the SHTF, like it has in my life a few times. I know where everything is and Ive been able to get it and use it fast and efficiently and 'git-r-dun'.

Please feel free to comment on my stuff, so that I can improve it. thanks
Doomed is a country who draws too broad a gap between our scholars and our warriors.
We'll have our thinking done by cowards and our fighting done by fools. -Unknown

EDC + PSK http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=43457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GHB http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=43469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOB

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Re: EDC and PSK version 1.0

Post by sheddi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 pm

nobodyspecial wrote:Please feel free to comment on my stuff, so that I can improve it. thanks
Nice looking kit!

How about packing the striker for the storm matches in a different compartment to the matches themselves? I imagine that having the whole thing light up in your pocket would be A Bad Thing To Happen ...
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”