Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

darmstrong

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by darmstrong » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 am

LA Police Gear has free shipping this weekend on orders over $50. End tomorrow 1/26.

https://lapolicegear.com/
In order to succeed you must first survive.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Mpowered Luci Solar Lantern $11.18 free Prime shipping.

https://smile.amazon.com/MPOWERD-1023-0 ... e-angle-20

I talked about this light in another thread. It weighs next to nothing, fully charges in 7 hours of direct sunlight and (I did not know this) supposedly runs for 24 hours on a full charge (I assume at its low setting). 75 lumens on max output, which is sufficient for decent area light in a camping or bug out scenario. In addition to its light weight and extreme packability, its modest output is well proportioned to the capacity of those solar cells and the internal lithium ion battery; where ever the hell they manage to squeeze it in. So this can realistically be operated on pretty much an indefinite basis in a grid down situation. I've had mine for years; I can attest to its durability and reliability. I can't recommend this product highly enough and no, I am not a shill for Mpowered. :v:

$11.18 isn't the all time low, but per Camelx3 it's close, and well below its $16.36 average Amazon price.

For those interested, you can also buy a Luci for $10 direct from Mpowered, for donation to disaster relief. https://mpowerd.com/products/give-luci? ... gKq9_D_BwE Mpowered reminds me of LifeStraw, another company that has disaster relief, sustainable technology and charity built into their corporate mission. Good eggs, they are.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 am

Coleman Guide Series dual fuel two burner stove - $67.00 ships free with Prime.
https://smile.amazon.com/Guide-Series-D ... 363&sr=8-1

Walmart also has it on sale at this price:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Guid ... SjEALw_wcB

All time Amazon low per camelx3.
https://camelcamelcamel.com/Coleman-Gui ... B00QMW5H76

Pretty much the same stove your daddy had. Baked beans, Dinty Moore beef stew and canned hash sold separately. Dual fuel option offers more flexibility than propane in a disaster/bug out situation.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:23 pm

I'm thinking about picking this up: Genny

What should I know about used gennies???

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:31 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 am

Pretty much the same stove your daddy had. Baked beans, Dinty Moore beef stew and canned hash sold separately. Dual fuel option offers more flexibility than propane in a disaster/bug out situation.

Image]
We used Kerosene in dad's old one IIRC, but this one says it'll take propane or unleaded gasoline. What does cooking with unleaded gas smell like?

I might get this if cooking with gas indoors isn't an issue. As anyone used this with gas indoors? Maybe we did use gasoline.

In the apocalypse i have a way to refill the disposable green 1lb tanks by using an adapter on the large propane tanks. But I think I might be able to source gas easier than propane, so might use that as an option.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV ... C74B&psc=1
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:43 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:31 pm
majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 am
We used Kerosene in dad's old one IIRC, but this one says it'll take propane or unleaded gasoline. What does cooking with unleaded gas smell like?

I might get this if cooking with gas indoors isn't an issue. As anyone used this with gas indoors? Maybe we did use gasoline.

In the apocalypse i have a way to refill the disposable green 1lb tanks by using an adapter on the large propane tanks. But I think I might be able to source gas easier than propane, so might use that as an option.
The two fuel options for this model are unleaded gasoline or Coleman fuel (aka naphtha/white gas). I don't think propane is an option. I have an old Coleman two burner that runs off white gas only (I refurbished it myself; a labor of love). I also have a separate propane model. I have one of those refill adaptors as well, along with a hose/regulator assembly to run either the propane stove or my Mr. Heater Buddy directly from the 14lb tank on my gas grill.

FYI: the difference in overall robustness of construction between the old Coleman liquid fuel models and the newer propane ones is night and day. The older ones are heavy, but they're built to take abuse.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:25 am

moab wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:39 am
Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 4.3-Inch
by Morakniv
4.5 out of 5 stars 332 ratings | 64 answered questions

List Price: $99.99
Price: $27.99 & FREE Shipping

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I1GITMA/?tag=bcusa-20&th=1
Today is the end shipping date for mine. Tracking showed an actual package processed through "CHENGDU EMS, CHINA" on 01/23 but nothing after that. Amazon has it as arriving "January 29 - February 3" so, after midnight tonight we'll see what Amazon says.

Did anyone else order one?

(and no blaming here or otherwise giving you grief Moab - just reporting facts)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:51 am

NT2C wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:25 am
moab wrote:
Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 4.3-Inch
by Morakniv

Today is the end shipping date for mine. Tracking showed an actual package processed through "CHENGDU EMS, CHINA" on 01/23 but nothing after that. Amazon has it as arriving "January 29 - February 3" so, after midnight tonight we'll see what Amazon says.

With what's going on in China,stalls in shipping could be expected
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:57 am

flybynight wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:51 am
NT2C wrote:
moab wrote:
by Morakniv

With what's going on in China,stalls in shipping could be expected
Probably not since packages and mail would not carry the virus. Still, anything is possible.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

moab

Post by moab » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:35 pm

NT2C wrote:
moab wrote:
by Morakniv

No worries. I hope you get yours. It could be late mail simply for lack of people to work on the mail. Considering a lot of places are under quarantine. But I wouldn't wait to long.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

EBuff75
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by EBuff75 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:22 pm

I also ordered a Mora Garberg back in December at a similar price. Never showed up and no response from seller, with hundreds of people basically saying the same thing. When I initiated the request for refund from Amazon it took less than 60 seconds to be approved! Amazon must've had them flagged as a scam by that point.

Hope you have better luck with yours!

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:17 am

Turns out the seller was the same folks with the food buckets that never got shipped. Refund requested and approved.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 pm

Walmart clearance on miscellaneous camping/survival items.

This one's YMMV, folks. Nothing earth shattering, but since Walmart often is the best price to begin with, this makes a normally good deal just a little sweeter. Clearance items include various Mountain House meals, firestarters, Coleman silk mantles and pyrex lantern globes, Lodge cast iron cooking accessories. A few knives, cooksets and flashlights here and there and a few other doodads that I'm blanking on at the moment. This is all in addition to those matched gift sets of knives/hatchets that have been on the endcaps since January 1st. I checked the tent/sleeping bag aisle, but didn't see anything interesting. Again, YMMV.

The clearance items at the particular Walmart I was at today were pretty picked over. But I did grab three UST folding emergency stoves (Esbit clones) for $4.50 each, including 8 fuel tablets. Granted, that's not much less than the normal price of $5.38. But the regular Walmart price is the best I could find anywhere. In fact, $5.38 was the best price just for the 8 fuel tablets alone.

I use the UST stoves to make emergency ration kits, with breakfast, lunch and dinners for one person for three days, or three people for one day. Plus toiletries, IFAK, flashlight, cheap knife and a few morale items. Everything goes in a Sterilite container. With these three additional stoves, I'll have something like 8 of these kits in rotation. It's in addition to my normal food preps; more as something to give out to people in a disaster scenario.

Picture is for illustrative purposes only.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:35 am

Marmot Trestles 30 deg synthetic mummy sleeping bag. $59.50 (50% off) direct from marmot.com, free shipping. Women's model is $64.50 because sometimes life just isn't fair.

https://www.marmot.com/trestles-30-slee ... ed0a24060b

Extra wide, which helps those of us who are a little wider across the chest than we used to be. Available in right and left hand zip. 15 degree version also on sale for $70. https://www.marmot.com/trestles-15-tl-s ... 030a240614

Manufacturer's description and specs:
The Trestles 30 is reliable in all of the ways. Even lighter and more compressible than before, we built this all-purpose bag for the weekend excursion, whether that's a single night out camping or a few days on the trail. Stuffed with Marmot's own SpiraFil® LT synthetic high loft insulation, and constructed with a wave construction and 3D hood to keep you warm and comfortable, this bag has a long list of features that gives you everything you'd expect from 40 years of expertly crafted sleeping bags.

Features
  • Fold-Down Second Zipper Provides added Ventilation and Easy Access, Main Zipper Anti-Snag Slider reduces Snagging
    Anatomically 3D Footbox increases the insulation and room for your feet, for more Warmth and Comfort
    Spirafil High Loft Insulation for Maximum warmth and durability
    EN Tested
    Combination Wave Construction Top provides Maximum Loft and Warmth, Blanket Construction Bottom for the best warmth and comfort under body
    Full Length Locking YKK Two Way Zipper
    3D Hood Construction
    Stash Pocket
    "Feely" Draw Cords
    Snagless Insulated Draft Tube
    Two Hang Loops
    Compression Stuff Sack
Product Details
Main materials - 70D 100% Polyester 2.2 oz/yd | 70D 100% Polyester Embossed 2.2 oz/yd

Bag temperature
-1°CCelsius
30°FFahrenheit

Insulation - SpiraFil LT

Lining - 70D 100% Polyester 2.2 oz/yd

Pack volume - 640.7ci » 10.5 liters

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Palmetto State Armory has a great buy on the Vortex Venom Red Dot in 3 MOA model VMD-3103 for just $179.99 with FREE Shipping after coupon code “VENOM” in the cart at check out.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex- ... ampaign=cl

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:40 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:43 pm
... I don't think propane is an option.
They do ,ale adapters for the stoves to convert over to propane. I have one for my demo stove,
It's just (to me) kinda sketchy as it connects the same way as the liquid does (over the open burner).
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

moab

Post by moab » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:48 pm

Gaiters for 12 bucks. This is hard to find. Gaiters are usually much more. I don't own these so I can't vouch for their durability or fit. But I think if you replaced the under cord with 550 you'd have a nice pair for cheap.

https://majorsurplus.com/gaiters.html?_ ... 1348331785

Here's this weeks flyer from the same place. Several good bargains on surplus jackets and some food. This is my local surplus store. I have no association with them other than I buy stuff there from time to time.

https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UN ... 8189076745
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:43 pm

Kelty Redwing 44L Internal Frame pack. $39.98 Flash sale @ Dicksportinggoods.com (until 10:00pm PST 3/27). Add $9.02 filler to get free shipping, or do free "contactless" curbside pickup (I guess they leave it outside like a bomb and you swing by at speed and sweep it off the curb. Extra points if you squawk the tires as you peel away).

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/ke ... 451:320230

A terrific deal for a bug out, get home or just all around day to two day backpack. Especially if you want to go the greyman route with something that doesn't look tactical. Pictured below in Ponderosa Pine, the most extreme of the three color options. Twilight Blue and especially Black are very low profile.

Normal price for this is usually around $75 to $85. A solid deal.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Nice deal but after the big middle finger Dick's gave to the firearms community awhile back I won't do business with them. The rest of y'all are grown adults and free to make up your own minds about this.

zykur

Post by zykur » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:04 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:03 pm
Nice deal but after the big middle finger Dick's gave to the firearms community awhile back I won't do business with them. The rest of y'all are grown adults and free to make up your own minds about this.
I won't buy anything retail or even on regular sale for the same reasons, I will buy things from them when they are taking a loss. They were blowing out archery equipment for 75% off.
At the price of this pack, they have to be losing money, the Kelty 32L is $99 so I feel comfortable buying this and spending the $60 on ammo elsewhere.

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:21 pm

zykur wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:04 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:03 pm
I won't buy anything retail or even on regular sale for the same reasons, I will buy things from them when they are taking a loss. They were blowing out archery equipment for 75% off.
At the price of this pack, they have to be losing money, the Kelty 32L is $99 so I feel comfortable buying this and spending the $60 on ammo elsewhere.
This is what I do as well.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”