Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em)

Post by thelight » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:41 am

EMS 20% off Everything Sale, in stores and possibly online.
Got this in my mailbox:
HI All,
As a quick reminder this event is good ALL DAY on Friday the 17th and ALL DAY on Saturday the 18th....

here is their store locator.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

Monklicous
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night original
Dawn remake

Post by Monklicous » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Last edited by Monklicous on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
supraneurotoxin wrote: mastering skills like that is akin to pissing your pants in a black suit. it gives you a nice warm feeling, but no one really notices....

GeneralDiscontent

Post by GeneralDiscontent » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:53 am

Smoky Mountain Knife Works has all their Gerber hydration packs on clearance - from $12.99 to $19.99.
Some of my write-ups you might find useful: My FAK, poncho mod, my BOAT, pressure canning, bulk food storage

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:01 pm

LA Police gear 3 day Diplomat Pack:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3- ... pack1.html

Reg: $60.00
Sale Price : $29.99

Lord Osis

Post by Lord Osis » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:09 pm

offcamber wrote:LA Police gear 3 day Diplomat Pack:

Anyone know the quality of these Diplomat Bags?
James Kim helped me prepare.

JT_of_JFF
Favorite Zombie Movies: ..need to rewatch them all to determine my favorites :)

Post by JT_of_JFF » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 am

Lord Osis wrote:
offcamber wrote:LA Police gear 3 day Diplomat Pack:

Anyone know the quality of these Diplomat Bags?
I haven't seen it anywhere else but the general design is proven. It looks like a truck bag or bug out bag for a budget. I wouldn't expect good support across the back and the straps look really thin. Odds are its 600 not 1000D. On the flip side it has lots of room and lots of molle. I'd specualte that its a standard chinese knockoff, but I don't know that for sure.
Armageddon was yesterday ..... today we have a serious problem!!!
-stieg larsson

psychomajortom
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead
Day of the Dead

5.11's for $7.99/pr

Post by psychomajortom » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:38 pm

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapaorcl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought two pairs of these a month ago at $10/pair. They're great for breaching, because you can put kneepads in them. Putting it out there.
ozwyn wrote:"God does not punish us, he gives us challenges and opportunities to kick ass. If God is angry, it is because we are pissing and moaning and whining and not kicking ass. Go forth, and kick the shit out of the zombies, amen."
DavePAL84 wrote: I'm a floral dress wearing, mojito drinking kinda gal.

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Post by thelight » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 am

Got this in my email today:
www.campingsurvival.com
Coupon Code promo5
5% off of any purchase
Spend $150 (after 5% discount) and get a free fire starter kit (wax rope, fatwood, ferrocerium rod)
Spend $300 and get a free t-shirt... (go for the fire starter kit instead!)

I've done business with this store several times in the past and highly recommend them.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

Mags
Favorite Zombie Movies: *cough*not a zombie*cough* "Dog Soldiers" Just watch it. I'm sure this crowd will approve!

Post by Mags » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 pm

CountyComm has the 100% Cotton GI Issue Neckerchief Brown, 72X24". 6 of these for $12. Soft brown cotton jersey Tshirt material. These are great for multiple uses, everything from scarf to shemagh to gun rag to cravat to lens cloth to whatever you may need it for. :D

Just a heads up.
MAGS BOB THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 14&t=41853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS MED THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 43&t=42670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS FOOD THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 0&t=104784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Well, for me, the action is the juice..........I'm in."

Agent_Jaws
Favorite Zombie Movies: RE series, Dead series, 28 series

Post by Agent_Jaws » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Hottest deal on a Surefire light that I've seen: Surefire G2 for $24.95 @ gander mtn

Surefire G2

Incandescent model but still a great price for a Surefire. I have the 6P which has the same bulb assembly and it's plenty bright and plenty able to cut through smoke/fog. I think this is a great way for people to break into the high-end flashlight market without breaking the bank.

Jaws' junk:
BOB testing thread
Underwear thread
Knife & Tool thread

I joined ZS on Halloween!

Paragon

Post by Paragon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Agent_Jaws wrote:Hottest deal on a Surefire light that I've seen: Surefire G2 for $24.95 @ gander mtn

I think this is a great way for people to break into the high-end flashlight market without breaking the bank.
That is a good price, although the Streamlight Scorpion is essentially the same price (~$30 with batteries) and has roughly twice the lumens (114 vs 65 for the G2).

Jim

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:46 pm

>>Mad Dog Ultimate backpack<< for less than $20.00. This is a $120.00 backpack that's on clearance and won't last long!
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:57 pm

>>Mora Swedish Mil. Issue<< knives are still less than $10.00 a piece at Sportsman's Guide, people. You will not find a better bushcraft knife for anywhere near this price. Handy little buggers that are strong to boot.
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by thelight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:27 pm

nice finds Molon Labe!
~Winston Churchill

cygor98

Post by cygor98 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:19 pm

i picked up the two pack of those mora knives. they are pretty nice the edge leaves a bit to be desired but thats easily remedied.

HHaase
Favorite Zombie Movies: Errrr, I actually don't like zombie movies.
::::runs away::::

Post by HHaase » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Good deals going on at Hennessy Hammocks.

E-mail them for the sale list.
$99 for a couple demo Expedition Asym's
$129/$159 for various Ultralight's

And some neat test-run's of a no-net version of the Backpacker for $50
(Hmmmm, I do need some indoor sleeping help next month)

-Hans
"This does not mean, however, that we are unaware of the true meaning of the term 'security.'
To us, the term has broad meaning. It rests in the physical force embodied as it is in the ships and their base,
but also in intellectual factors among which Intelligence plays an outstanding role."
- Captain Ellis M. Zacaraias, USN

zoiders

Post by zoiders » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:01 pm

Not so much a deal but the regular price on a good piece of kit for the money, especialy if you are UK/EU based

Winter is coming, are you prepared to make a run for it if you need to and not freeze to death?

http://www.alpkit.com/down-clothing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got mine thursday and I am rather impressed for the money

Gingersam

Post by Gingersam » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:07 pm

Aldi have got some thermal clothes for sale for 7 squid as well as a hydration rucksack complete with bladder.

ImfromtheGovt

Post by ImfromtheGovt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:55 am

Remember that those MORA knives @ Sportsman's Guide are the Stainless Steel ones. They are incorrect when they put they are Carbon Steel in the ad. The Carbon Steel ones from that company have RED accents on the handle, not the GREEN.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves"

-Ronald Regan

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 am

ImfromtheGovt wrote:Remember that those MORA knives @ Sportsman's Guide are the Stainless Steel ones. They are incorrect when they put they are Carbon Steel in the ad. The Carbon Steel ones from that company have RED accents on the handle, not the GREEN.
Not true. I have 2 of those, green handled, Mil. issue Moras from Sortsman's guide, and they're both Carbon steel. They are very much carbon steel. I even gave one a pretty patina. 8)

GunTotingHippy

Space bags at Dollar Tree

Post by GunTotingHippy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:59 am

...as originally posted in this thread:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=36474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zombies = Carrion Carryin' On.
Me = Keep on Keepin' on.

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by thelight » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:52 am

Hennessy Hammocks Christmas Sale:
Buy a hammock over $100 and get a free scout hammock and 2 snakeskins.
Link here.
~Winston Churchill

oolelandoo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (04), Night of the Living Dead, I Am Legend, 28 Days/Weeks Later,

Post by oolelandoo » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Home Depot is getting in their "gift idea" merchandise. We've got:

A set of 5 aluminum case, 6 led, AAA lights for $14.97.
A 3 pack of aluminum case, 3 led, AAA for $9.97
A 4 pack of aluminum case, 6 led, AA for $9.97
A Leatherman 'Core' multitool that includes a separate Leatherman c301 pocket knife and leather sheath for $49.97

Lots of other stuff, but those are what caught my eye.
Supporting member http://www.GeorgiaCarry.Org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arch

Post by Arch » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:49 pm

Agent_Jaws wrote:Hottest deal on a Surefire light that I've seen: Surefire G2 for $24.95 @ gander mtn

Surefire G2

Incandescent model but still a great price for a Surefire. I have the 6P which has the same bulb assembly and it's plenty bright and plenty able to cut through smoke/fog. I think this is a great way for people to break into the high-end flashlight market without breaking the bank.
I went to our local Gander Mountain...hoping to pick one of these up...and they don't carry the camo model in stores (or so I was told). I asked if they would give me a black or even yellow one for the advertised price and they said no. They offered to give me one of those $10 off with a $50 purchase cards....which I declined because I have several. Eventually they sold me a black one for $30 plus tax.

I sold my old Surefire 6P recently, and think I like the G2 better. I bought it on Thursday and tried it out in our back yard tonight (fire pit gathering). It works just as well as the 6P did...but I can't speak to the durability yet.
This thread was my final contribution to ZS:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=77253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My invitation to "take a break":

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 1#p1698421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

Return to “Bug Out Gear”