Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

LtCmdLeia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by LtCmdLeia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Just a reminder. While we appreciate all the great bargains posted, please be polite and DON'T post links with a referral or affiliate ID.
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" ... Senator Padmé Amidala, Star Wars, Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith

ImageImageImage

Fot47
Favorite Zombie Movies: Both dawn of the deads, night of the living dead, zombieland, dead set, 28 days later, Walking dead, and Shaun of the dead

Post by Fot47 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 pm

http://www.fleetfarm.com/mff/detail/mil ... 0000006845" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$5 sleeping bag and I think they are offering free shipping till the 2nd. I have purchased 3 of these.. All have been very nice. Good cold weather mummy bag. I am 6' 3" 230 pounds and fit in these.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Fot47 wrote:http://www.fleetfarm.com/mff/detail/mil ... 0000006845

$5 sleeping bag and I think they are offering free shipping till the 2nd. I have purchased 3 of these.. All have been very nice. Good cold weather mummy bag. I am 6' 3" 230 pounds and fit in these.

Can someone help my understand what these really are? "MIL-TEC SWISS SLEEPING BAG", used in good condition, 3.85 lbs. Sounds like surplus to me. No temperature rating and the picture makes it look like sewn-through construction, which isn't exactly cutting edge. But $5 for a sleeping bag is insane.

Are these any good? Seems like an interesting option for a winter car emergency kit.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm

majorhavoc wrote:

Can someone help my understand what these really are? "MIL-TEC SWISS SLEEPING BAG", used in good condition, 3.85 lbs. Sounds like surplus to me. No temperature rating and the picture makes it look like sewn-through construction, which isn't exactly cutting edge. But $5 for a sleeping bag is insane.

Are these any good? Seems like an interesting option for a winter car emergency kit.

Here's a nice review. http://weekendwoodsman.wordpress.com/20 ... eping-bag/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Looks like they are good to 35F. And originally came with a fleece liner and bivy.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Fot47
Favorite Zombie Movies: Both dawn of the deads, night of the living dead, zombieland, dead set, 28 days later, Walking dead, and Shaun of the dead

Post by Fot47 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 pm

moab wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:

Here's a nice review. http://weekendwoodsman.wordpress.com/20 ... eping-bag/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Looks like they are good to 35F. And originally came with a fleece liner and bivy.
Looks like Moab has the best information on theses. They are mil surplus and have that usually mil surplus muskie smell that takes about 4 trips through the washing machine to fix. Other then that no issue's with the ones I have. I have slept down to 35-40 ish with these and a poncho liner inside and was quite comfortable.

Fot47

Post by Fot47 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Looks like the Sleeping bags are sold out now..

ITZombie

Post by ITZombie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Just to resub and to offer the following tip -

Auggason farms is very low on their calorie counts, that's why they're so cheap compared to others. WIthout a significant sale going on (20% or higher) you may want to check out Rainydayfoods.com.

WHen looking at buying any 'pack' of storage foods, check the calorie counts. Auggason farms and thrive for instance run about 1200-1500 calories per day on their packs while RDF runs 2500-2800. Even in good times, 1500 calories is a slow fall into malnutrition and not enough to do the physical work a SHTF situation is likely to call for.

Don't go by the price per can/bucket etc or that one ships the whole order for $4.95 or one by weight or one by the dollar amount. Go by the calories per dollar shipped to your door. It can be a bit of a chore figuring out the calories but you can save a LOT of money this way. RDF is consistently a better value in general.

Full disclosure I've done the math on Honeyville, Rainyday, thrive and a couple others and we buy from each when there's a sale on that makes sense. RDF is our go to though.
----------

"I am Man, the pointy tip of the food chain! Gaze upon my opposable thumbs and tremble!"

Priest2013

Post by Priest2013 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Walmart has a great military grade bag that you can find in there sporting goods section. It is dessert tan and is made of heavy duty material. I thought it would be a good bag for the kids or even as an E.D.C. bag. Its only about 20 bucks. they have a bigger pack that is the same quality and it is about 40 bucks, check it out.

uncleben03

Post by uncleben03 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Spec-Ops T.H.E. packs in Coyote brown are on sale for $99.95 @ spec-ops. They made a manufacturing mistake and accidentally put coyote color dyed molle webbing on with "no sheen" to it, while the 1000D Cordura on the pack has it's normal slight sheen. 100% Guaranteed for life as always. Only defect is the webbing color doesn't have a sheen like the pack material does. Normal price = $200.00

http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-ge ... brown.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BobtheBreaker wrote:Paramedics must have been pissed! trying to lift that guy onto the gurney with his massive brass stones weighing everything down.
Heks wrote:engagement ring.... is that a MOLLE accessory?

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Bates E29502 USMC RAT Boot updated version $29.95 at La Police Gear plus additional 5% off coupon code: LAPG

http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bates-29 ... c-rat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

AnonEmous

Post by AnonEmous » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Dome tent at Home Depot with sleeping bags found here for $39.00.

I am calling this "tent in a box": a 2-3 person dome tent, two sleeping bags, and two sleeping mats.

I noticed this at the store and picked it up, figuring I would research it a little and then probably return it.

I find it a little hard to believe the sleeping bags are rated between 22-40 F (noted in italics below with the other specs from Home Depot)

Tent: 2-3 person quality 170T polyester tent (Size: 70-1/4 in. x 78-3/4 in. x 27-1/4 in.); weight: 6.6lbs; flame retardant: 84; double entry zipper “doors”; rain fly with zipper entry:

Sleeping Bags: Type: mummy with temp rating of 22-40 Degrees (F); weight: 3.3lbs; flame retardant: 75; Size: 86.5 in. x 31.5 in. (top) / 21.5 in. (bottom); shell: polyester 190T; lining: T/C; filling: 2 x 150g/m2 hollow fiber

Mats: size: 24 in. W x 68.5 in. L x 0.25 in. thickness; weight: 0.4lbs; material: EVA; flame retardant
Amateurs talk strategy; Generals talk logistics

The necessity of the routine (clean water) often trumps the lure of the exciting (expensive gear).

What Food to Carry in A Pack?

A Graphic: One Strategic Approach to Preps

LittleQuick

Post by LittleQuick » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

At Opsgear enter the code: happyholidays2012 for 15% off!
Vicarious_Lee wrote:DISCLAIMER: America, Fuck Yeah. Sweet Gear. It's Your Money. Do Your Thing. No one will be mad.
TheLastOne wrote: A couple of kids thought it was funny but I punched them in the throat. Breathing was not an issue.
You're only as good as your last patrol.

Pilsung
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead

Battery Junction having "Super Blowout Sell"

Post by Pilsung » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm

http://www.batteryjunction.com/super-bl ... paign=body" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like decent deals (and a good company to deal with) but judge for yourselves.

mad scientist

Post by mad scientist » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 am

http://WWW.MREdepot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a sale on 'Menu C' MREs for $170 for 2 cases (promo code 'TENDOLLARS'). I've bought these from this site before and have been very satisfied with the product and the company.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:33 pm

http://www.golite.com/Jam-70L-Pack-Unisex-P46813.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GoLite's Jam pack, an ultralight backpack...70 liter capacity with a 2-pound weight!

$99, regularly $240, and free shipping if you can bump your order over $100.

I can't rationalize getting another pack, so I didn't bother, and just ordered one anyway. :wink:

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

AnonEmous

Post by AnonEmous » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm

LA Police Gear bailout bag: found here.

Currently $19.99, normally $59.99. Not sure if this is special pricing or the everyday normal, discounted price.
Amateurs talk strategy; Generals talk logistics

The necessity of the routine (clean water) often trumps the lure of the exciting (expensive gear).

What Food to Carry in A Pack?

A Graphic: One Strategic Approach to Preps

moab

Post by moab » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 pm

AnonEmous wrote:LA Police Gear bailout bag: found here.

Currently $19.99, normally $59.99. Not sure if this is special pricing or the everyday normal, discounted price.
Good bags. Worth every bit of $20. I own a few.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

oh58mech
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by oh58mech » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 am

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man just one"
"Time to nut up or shut up"
"When in doubt, waste a scout"

cricky101

Post by cricky101 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm

moab wrote:
AnonEmous wrote:LA Police Gear bailout bag: found here.

Good bags. Worth every bit of $20. I own a few.
Got two last week. Love 'em. One for the range and one for the car.

Edit: I've seen them for $16 and change on their countdown deals http://www.lapolicegear.com/sad-list.html , but not sure how often they show up there. I'm more than happy with mine for $20/each.
"A witty saying proves nothing." -- Voltaire

moab

Post by moab » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Danner boot sale - tactical, snow and work!

Some as low as $35!

http://www.hitthebreakroom.com/invite/?r=134473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Resolute
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by Resolute » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 am

It's preferable to not link to members-only sites... Especially ones with an invite.

On topic - Lehman's has two good deals on lanterns right now.

https://www.lehmans.com/p-178-dietz-bli ... ntern.aspx

https://www.lehmans.com/p-172-dietz-lil ... ns+BRIGHT!

Both will withstand gale force winds and stay lit. Good price from a great company.

BR101

Post by BR101 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Amazon has the Kershaw Cryo for $25 bucks. :clap:

Since I am gifting myself a ZT 0560 these Cryos will work out for nice gifts to my two younger brothers who are into knives.
Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
Everyday Deals - A place to check out everyday deals
Facebook - Twitter - Youtube Channel

kaligaran

Post by kaligaran » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm

3 pair large Firm Grip cammo gloves at Home Depot for $10. Apparently large is all they had at my local store and online too. I normally wear size medium (I have small hands but long thin fingers) but this large fit my fingers just fine although a bit wide in the palm since they are stretchy.

I'm a big fan of the standard Firm Grip gloves(with the velcro at the wrist) and these are elastic at the wrists and use them for everything from yard work to camping.

Regardless, I saw them at my local Home Depot and had to pick them up for the price. Extra yard gloves are always good to have.

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by Dawgboy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Campsaver 20% off coupons

shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

Return to “Bug Out Gear”