Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Blackhawk_tactical
* * *
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land
Night of the living dead
Resident Evil
TV: The Walking Dead
28 Days Later
Dawn of the Dead (Remake, 2004)
Location: Salt Lake City
Contact:

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Blackhawk_tactical » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 am

I don't know if this is a deal, All military and ex military /VA veterans. But you can get heavily discounted Items from Oakley. Boots/ Gloves / Sunglasses/ e.t.c
http://usstandardissue.com

Ex: Oakley flak jacket with prescription lens 200.00 / 210.00 shipped
http://astore.amazon.com/franclancom-20
http://dontdienow.com
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/Hardwarepatriots/v

User avatar
adv
* *
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Spring, TX

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by adv » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 am

Labor Day weekend, lots of deals, this thread is gonna cost me...........

User avatar
ratz
*
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978/2004); Resident Evil; Zombi; Evil Dead
Location: San Fransicko, Kalifornia

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by ratz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Labor Day Sales Starting...

Caught this in our local Ace Hardware Store Ad. NO it's not a Leatherman, Gerber, or SOG. It's a Stanley 12-in-1 Multi-Tool with Nylon Sheath and it is for sale over the next three days for only $9.99 (50% off). Ran out and bought one to add to my AFAK.

Image

http://www.acehardware.com/product/inde ... 8041483933

Texas_Marauder
*
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:05 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: All and I do not consider them "movies" but instructional documentaries.
Location: Near Houston, Texas.

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Texas_Marauder » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Ok, it is not a gear deal, but it will save you money so you can buy more gear. Papa John's pizza is giving 50% off all online orders use the promo code "50off". EDIT: September 3,4,5 only.
"Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost."-Robert A. Heinlein

Ableto
* * *
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: Puget Sound, WA

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Ableto » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:18 pm

ratz wrote:Labor Day Sales Starting...

Caught this in our local Ace Hardware Store Ad. NO it's not a Leatherman, Gerber, or SOG. It's a Stanley 12-in-1 Multi-Tool with Nylon Sheath and it is for sale over the next three days for only $9.99 (50% off). Ran out and bought one to add to my AFAK.

Image

http://www.acehardware.com/product/inde ... 8041483933
Looks sturdy, $10 for it is not bad, great for a emergency pack of some sort.
Life is like a box of chocolates, eventually we will all melt in the sun.

User avatar
CipherNameRaVeN
* * * * *
Posts: 2414
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quarantine, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later. The Road, Time of the Wolf (2004, French)
Location: South East PA

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by CipherNameRaVeN » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Bootypirate wrote:Ok, it is not a gear deal, but it will save you money so you can buy more gear. Papa John's pizza is giving 50% off all online orders use the promo code "50off". EDIT: September 3,4,5 only.
Thanks for that. My wife loves Papa Johns.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.


BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

Tperkins
I was attacked by a honey badger
I was attacked by a honey badger
Posts: 1609
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Tperkins » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Tactical Distributors has a summer clearance sale, with stuff up to 50% off. Great place to order from, I've bought from them 3 times. They will upgrade your shipping on mostly anything to next day air from ground for no charge. Ground has been $6-$10 for my orders. They also have 25% off all their MSR and Thermarest stuff. 10% off for MIL/LE/FF also; great place.

http://www.tacticaldistributors.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A Leader Is A Man That Can Adapt Principles To Circumstances." -Patton
My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

keeganxt
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by keeganxt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Received an email flyer I'm sure most have seen, but LA Police gear is having 11% labor day sale.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
JT_of_JFF
* * *
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:25 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: ..need to rewatch them all to determine my favorites :)
Location: Just outside of Jericho, KS

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by JT_of_JFF » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:47 am

CipherNameRaVeN wrote:
Bootypirate wrote:Ok, it is not a gear deal, but it will save you money so you can buy more gear. Papa John's pizza is giving 50% off all online orders use the promo code "50off". EDIT: September 3,4,5 only.
Thanks for that. My wife loves Papa Johns.
I'm bummed. Doesn't work in my area :(
Armageddon was yesterday ..... today we have a serious problem!!!
-stieg larsson

Equuleus
* *
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Equuleus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Powertraveller's Powermonkey Extreme

Image

Posted some information on this about a week ago (Thread: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p1842530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) and just found out that it's on sale. MSRP is listed as $199.99 and the best price I could find outside of that was Amazon at 189.95. The US distributor listed in the article at the first link on the original thread, Extreme Outfitters, has this listed on sale for $179.99, and coupon code VIP10 (or alternate code ANYSOLDIER) gives you another 10% off. Add in free UPS ground shipping for everything over $150, you can get this shipped for $161.99 a price reduction of about 15% over Amazon. They only have it in gray or blue right now, and the MOLLE case doesn't look like it is available yet, but I might just give it a try making it myself.
Image

User avatar
Heebie Jeebies
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:50 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Heebie Jeebies » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:44 pm

ratz wrote:Labor Day Sales Starting...

Caught this in our local Ace Hardware Store Ad. NO it's not a Leatherman, Gerber, or SOG. It's a Stanley 12-in-1 Multi-Tool with Nylon Sheath and it is for sale over the next three days for only $9.99 (50% off). Ran out and bought one to add to my AFAK.

Image

http://www.acehardware.com/product/inde ... 8041483933
I went to my local ACE today and this wasn’t in their flyer. It seems all the store ads are not created equal. :(

User avatar
ratz
*
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978/2004); Resident Evil; Zombi; Evil Dead
Location: San Fransicko, Kalifornia

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by ratz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:04 am

Heebie Jeebies wrote:I went to my local ACE today and this wasn’t in their flyer. It seems all the store ads are not created equal. :(
:cry: Bummer! Keep an eye out. When I was looking for reviews before I bought this, the price a year ago when down as far as $4.99 for "Black Friday" and clearance at Target.

goomzi
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by goomzi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 am

Help, I bought a lot from a closed Military surplus shop and I'm down to the odds and ends. I have no idea what this is, hoping someone can help.

It is like a tent/tarp/poncho... It is almost the size of a king-sized bed (what it's sitting on in the picture). Has a poncho cowl right in the middle, has air vents with screens built into them, waterproof double tape on the back, plastic stakes, and tent rods (pictured). It rolls up to about the size of a two-person tent (a little smaller, not much). I just can't seem to find these being sold online... Help please!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
catalyst
* *
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by catalyst » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 am

goomzi wrote:Help, I bought a lot from a closed Military surplus shop and I'm down to the odds and ends. I have no idea what this is, hoping someone can help.

It is like a tent/tarp/poncho... It is almost the size of a king-sized bed (what it's sitting on in the picture). Has a poncho cowl right in the middle, has air vents with screens built into them, waterproof double tape on the back, plastic stakes, and tent rods (pictured). It rolls up to about the size of a two-person tent (a little smaller, not much). I just can't seem to find these being sold online... Help please!
Image
Image
Image
and somehow you thought this would be the best post to ask about this item in?

User avatar
offcamber
* * * * *
Posts: 1964
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: West By God Virginia

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by offcamber » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:44 am

catalyst wrote:
goomzi wrote:Help, I bought a lot from a closed Military surplus shop and I'm down to the odds and ends. I have no idea what this is, hoping someone can help.

It is like a tent/tarp/poncho... It is almost the size of a king-sized bed (what it's sitting on in the picture). Has a poncho cowl right in the middle, has air vents with screens built into them, waterproof double tape on the back, plastic stakes, and tent rods (pictured). It rolls up to about the size of a two-person tent (a little smaller, not much). I just can't seem to find these being sold online... Help please!
and somehow you thought this would be the best post to ask about this item in?
Yeah, definitely the wrong place for this.. Mods can we get this removed from the thread and relocated to a more suitable location?

User avatar
RapturesVictor
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:57 am
Location: Puyallup, WA

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by RapturesVictor » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 pm

For a good and cheap army bivy, go here. Just go to the 'used' section. I got mine in the mail right on time and even though it is considered used, its in nearly brand new condition. I paid $ 58 after priority shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00276IGM ... 71-6916237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also if any of you guys are in the seattle area, there is a guy in southcenter that has a new bivy for $55. I was going to buy his but I got impatient and went through amazon before he responded to my wanted ad. If you're interested PM me and ill send over his email
Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

User avatar
TheFishinMagician
* * *
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: S.W. FL

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by TheFishinMagician » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:05 pm

offcamber wrote:
catalyst wrote:
goomzi wrote:Help, I bought a lot from a closed Military surplus shop and I'm down to the odds and ends. I have no idea what this is, hoping someone can help.

It is like a tent/tarp/poncho... It is almost the size of a king-sized bed (what it's sitting on in the picture). Has a poncho cowl right in the middle, has air vents with screens built into them, waterproof double tape on the back, plastic stakes, and tent rods (pictured). It rolls up to about the size of a two-person tent (a little smaller, not much). I just can't seem to find these being sold online... Help please!
and somehow you thought this would be the best post to ask about this item in?
Yeah, definitely the wrong place for this.. Mods can we get this removed from the thread and relocated to a more suitable location?

Yep, wrong place for this.

To answer your question, though, it looks like an Ecotat shelter. Good find!

http://www.combatreform.org/ECOTATSYSTEMS/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.imsplus.com/bivouac-and-camp ... elter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or just try a Google search for Ecotat TMP (tent, multi-purpose)
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Image Image

User avatar
adv
* *
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Spring, TX

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by adv » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Botach - knives for $49.95 w/ free shipping and no tax. Some nice Remingtons on there which are a lot more expensive on Amazon and other "knife" sites.
http://www.botachtactical.com/clkn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(BTW, had a couple of orders from them recently and have had no problems at all).

Pilsung
BANNED
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:05 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead
Location: Colorado

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Pilsung » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:54 pm

The prices on the Remingtons look good - can anyone comment on the quality relative to other "famous name" knives?

User avatar
irukandji
* *
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by irukandji » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Deal for us big boys :lol: Amazon has a Columbia Ascender softshell jacket (good for layering) in a tusk color. 2x-4xl for $18.82 with free shipping over $25, same jacket on Columbia's site retails for over $85. Just got one in today and it's pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RWTKR2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. - Dean Vernon Wormer

User avatar
adv
* *
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Spring, TX

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by adv » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Pilsung wrote:The prices on the Remingtons look good - can anyone comment on the quality relative to other "famous name" knives?
I pulled the trigger on this one http://www.botachtactical.com/re19taimidrb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which looks like this one on Amazon that's going for $199 http://www.amazon.com/Remington-Militar ... 434&sr=1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pilsung
BANNED
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:05 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead
Location: Colorado

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Pilsung » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:33 pm

http://www.botachtactical.com/re19tailawen1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I ordered this one. Good reviews & great savings ($49 vs. an average of around $120 on other discount sites. Thanks for bird-dogging this, ADV!

User avatar
Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really
Location: Texas

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Barr » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Pilsung wrote:The prices on the Remingtons look good - can anyone comment on the quality relative to other "famous name" knives?

I had one for a little while and the thing was a piece of crap, never held an edge, the sheath was substandard at best, and the damn thing broke when I dropped it on concrete but that was a few years ago......YMMV
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

User avatar
adv
* *
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Spring, TX

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by adv » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:29 am

Barr wrote:
Pilsung wrote:The prices on the Remingtons look good - can anyone comment on the quality relative to other "famous name" knives?

I had one for a little while and the thing was a piece of crap, never held an edge, the sheath was substandard at best, and the damn thing broke when I dropped it on concrete but that was a few years ago......YMMV
Oh buggeration, lol. Let's hope things have changed since then.

Post Reply

Return to “Bug Out Gear”