Kace Bob MK.5

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

KaceCoyote

Kace Bob MK.5

Post by KaceCoyote » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:17 pm

The BOB isnt done, I'm waiting on a matching duffle to hold my sleeping gear and some other odds and ends. I figured I'd show you guys what I have thusfar.

The big black bags are saddlebags for my motorcycle, and the backpack is via maxpedition.
Inside the outer pockets on either bag, are two dehydrated meals. Whats in the bags you ask?

2 MSR fuel bottles, socks, spare boxers, a squishy bowl and my "Fixit" EOD bag.

Inside the Fixit bag. 200 rounds of 124gr 9mm JHP,C02 tire reinflator, tire and tube patches, a tube of jager, fuses, sparkplugs, notebook, survival blanket, knife, forceps, mechanix gloves, a little towel, hank of 550 and a shoulder strap. Theres a seperate toolkit in my motorcycle tube too. I dont have a ton of space to carry tools, so I have two locales.

2 more EOD bags in the opposite saddle bag.

And inside the indivual EOD bags. MSR sweetwater, 2 Nalgenes is all I've got in my water bag(the coyote one) but I've got a teensy bit more space available if I should so desire. The Black bag has my fire stuff, Sweedish mess kit, lighters, magnesium fire starter, fire steel, flashlight, snaplights. In the Yellow box lives a Candle lantern, 2 spare candles, a snaplight and a lighter.

Then we have the backpack:

The bottom pouch is medical stuff exclusively
On the outside pouch

Inside the bottom pouch, is another more comprehensive medkit however ZS doesnt like big photos.

Inside the top pouch, this is the stuff I want in a hurry. Poncho, headlamp, TP ect ect.

and inside the main pouch, chow, general crapola, map, some extra medical stuff (blister kit, tick kit ect ect).

This is not a complete bag, just showing off the progress so far.
Kace, the Coyote without a cause.

Only bovines and homosexuals come out of Texas -Politically corrected R Lee Ermey

When the smoke clear, you can see the sky again
There will be the chopped off heads of leviathan
My friend, they call 'em strangers
Everybody talk to him end up in some danger
-MF Doom, Strange Ways

ImmaMedic

Re: Kace Bob MK.5

Post by ImmaMedic » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 pm

I have the same bag, I'm loving mine thus far.

I like your saddlebag setup.

CommonHighrise
Favorite Zombie Movies: Bone Sickness.

Post by CommonHighrise » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Not too bad for starters. Seems to be very redundant on baggage, but workin with what ya got I guess. Just be wary of keeping essentials in those saddlebags, as you may have to ditch the bike in a hurry and take off with just a ruck and duffel. Using the saddlebags to carry the heavier, or large redundency items would be ideal, such as bulk food, water, ammo, better stove, bigger medkit, and eleborate comms.
ImageImage
CH's Current Project: Catching up...

Cerberus

Post by Cerberus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 pm

+1 to keeping all essentials in the pack and bulk/supplemental in the saddle bags

My suggestions:
Add a light windproof jacket for when on the bike
Add a fixed blade ( I only saw the one folder)
Did I miss the stove?
Spare batteries?

ImmaMedic

Post by ImmaMedic » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:15 am

After looking back over, and then considering my EDC bag (same as yours), you may want to put those essentials that you keep in the top small pocket, in a ziploc, or something weather/moisture proof.

Dak Kovar

Post by Dak Kovar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:50 am

I like the EOD bags. I may have to get a couple of those for myself. Thanks for the pictures.
DK
"I don't wan't to be the ruler of this world... I want to be the ruler of another world."
"Well he should have armed himself...if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend."
"...And you can keep that silly fat wanker. The lads can't lift him."

Return to “Bug Out Gear”