My GHB (also with pictures!!)

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Biggin

Re: My GHB (also with pictures!!)

Post by Biggin » Tue May 11, 2010 9:40 am

Blkhrt13 wrote:I have been debating one of thier derringers for a while.I wonder if the weight would make better to pack something else. Basically it would be a back up piece.
I think considering the heft of those derringers, you could go with something else that has more capacity (lightweight .357 mag or .38 or a .380 or 9mm pocket pistol).

Veritas

Post by Veritas » Tue May 11, 2010 11:35 am

Merovech wrote:Image
ha, never responded to this. No room for a tarp, bro, that pack is small. I have one in the BOV kit, and I have the USGI poncho in the BOB though. I could get a silcock key, but I figure I will just use the Leatherman. There are quite a few bodies of water around, and my BOL is more country than city. I would be walking through urban areas though, so it might could come in handy.
Veritas liberabit vos

FAK | IFAK || BOB | GHB

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 am

Great post and Nice GHB, like Woodswalker mentioned, Osprey makes great stuff.

The Daylite pack is nice and not too expensive, Im consider 2 of them for my girls to use as grab and go bags

I use the Osprey Raptor http://www.amazon.com/Osprey-034914-520 ... B002N4PB8M as my GHB. Fits the bill perfect.
I also use several of the Osprey Talon bags for hiking (and no I am not a shill for them ;)
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

dan1775

Post by dan1775 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Nice setup!

Do you have a link/additional info on that automatic reel? I really like the size of it.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”