Why LAPolice Supply?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Tracker

Why LAPolice Supply?

Post by Tracker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:14 am

Whats the big draw about these guys, they advertise low prices, ok. But they dont actually ship anything from my experience. They just advertise.
I waited 8 weeks for an order they never shipped, and finally I just cancealed because 8 weeks isnt resonable to wait for anything advertised as on sale. Or anything else besides a custom rifle or knife.
bmonday said
"Menage a trois has a revered place in our common language, and I'll be damned if even one time those stories involved one's brother and a dog. Jesus fucking christ is nothing sacred? "

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:17 am

I've never had a problem with them, and have ordered from the 3 times...in my most recent order, an item was backordered, so they just shipped the rest of the order...sorry to hear about your troubles though...

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

IndianasFinest

Post by IndianasFinest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:48 am

I have ordered from them a bunch of times, and the only time I ever had an issue was when something was on back order, which delayed the order only a few days. I have a order placed with them right now for a pair of gortex boots for my fiancee.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kzu750
BANNED

Post by kzu750 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:39 am

IndianasFinest wrote:I have ordered from them a bunch of times, and the only time I ever had an issue was when something was on back order, which delayed the order only a few days. I have a order placed with them right now for a pair of gortex boots for my fiancee.
+1. That is the only issue I have with them. I have an item that I have been waiting for well over a month and a half. Lets hope they send it out soon.

elricfate

Post by elricfate » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:55 am

I've ordered in the past. Found out one of my items was backordered. Cancelled that one item, replaced it with something else, order got here within three days.
ElricFate's DIY .22/.177 Bullet Trap
ZombieSquad Reservist
I survived Zombie Con 2014/2015 (Tickcon)/2016

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:34 am

I've had nothing but excellent service from them, ordered maybe 3 or 4 times. Great prices in their clearance section. And not so much that they advertise low prices, they charge you low prices too. =P

During those 8 weeks did you call them about your order at all?
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

SnakeCharmer

Post by SnakeCharmer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:45 am

Yeah, I just placed my first order with them also. The items were backordered but it was the first time they were offered, ever, so I can't complain.

I would imagine that your order is not their standard MO.
Don't Tred On Me, NJ EMT-B, MA2 US Navy

IllicitDreams
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most anything Romero, Shaun Of The Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, you know the basics...

Post by IllicitDreams » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:04 am

I've ordered a couple times from them... No issues to report on my end.
ImageImage
My Pocket Survival Kit/My EDC/My Blog

CERT Volunteer, Amateur Radio Operator, SKYWARN Certified Storm Spotter

Trebor

Post by Trebor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:32 am

I've ordered from them about six or seven times. No problems at all.

Have you contacted them to see if they really will get that backordered item? Did they charge your card?
----
R.I.P HK33K - Gone, but not forgetten.

muscleman_coffeemesto
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by muscleman_coffeemesto » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:50 am

I've ordered several times with no problems. I even called their help line once to clear up some questions I had and they were very helpful.
I don't believe in karma.
Karma is just justice without satisfaction,
And I don't believe in justice.

Fox2Gray
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Fox2Gray » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:49 am

I've only had one order with them, but the order made it here a week. I was fairly impressed with their service and their product.

Jaxon06
Favorite Zombie Movies: Any of the "Dead" series.

Post by Jaxon06 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:08 pm

I've made a couple of orders and have no real complaints.
RJ
ZSC:022
"Last wish? I wish.. you had.. more time. " John Creasy

Milkboot

Post by Milkboot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:30 pm

I would atleast hope that you called or something after 2 weeks just to double check on it. I got about 3-4 orders in from them myself with no problems from them. Only one I ever had was my own fault, cant blame them for that :P

DrGonzo
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DrGonzo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:32 pm

They've had the Gerber ASEK LMF II on closeout for months now. I had it shipped basic ground and it came in a few business days. I used to work for a company that did online sales and nothing takes 8 weeks, unless it's on backorder. Did you call their customer help line? Usually these places will upgrade your shipping method or product if you are not satisfied. Did they claim it was shipped and you sat by the mailbox for 8 weeks waiting for it to arrive? Often when I order things online, I see if they have a direct phone number to place orders. The service rep is just placing your order online for you, but usually you can ask additional questions about availability and shipping times if reading the website is too exhausting. And always request your UPS/FedEx tracking number, so there is no mystery. If a few days have gone and UPS/FedEx still hasn't picked up the item, then you contact the retailers customer service department and raise hell. If your a human being about it, sometimes you can get some free shwag for your trouble.

Or you can just complain about it on the internet.
hunter wrote:Of course the term "Mêlée" is lame, it's French.
ZSC:005 The Western Washington Chapter

Milkboot

Post by Milkboot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:59 pm

+1 DrGonzo

I use to be in the online retailer market for over 10 years, Could not have said it better myself. Was just to lazy to type anything that long out before :P

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:06 pm

I kind of have a sour taste in my mouth from them right now.

I had a largish order that I was waiting for. More than a week goes by and I get no notice from the company as to the status. No shipping notice, no backorder notice, no nothing.

So I call and find out that a $3 item is backordered, so my entire order is being held up. I asked if they could just separate the items but I was informed they'd charge me freight twice for breaking up the order.

I canceled the $3 backorder and I was told my package would ship within 24 hours. It was shipped 4 days later.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:29 pm

DavePAL84 wrote:I kind of have a sour taste in my mouth from them right now.

I had a largish order that I was waiting for. More than a week goes by and I get no notice from the company as to the status. No shipping notice, no backorder notice, no nothing.

So I call and find out that a $3 item is backordered, so my entire order is being held up. I asked if they could just separate the items but I was informed they'd charge me freight twice for breaking up the order.

I canceled the $3 backorder and I was told my package would ship within 24 hours. It was shipped 4 days later.
Kind of the same story with me. Just a slight bad taste after some good service last year. I kind of wish things not in stock could be advertised 'not in stock' when you peruse the site.

I just cancelled the backordered stuff 2 weeks later and the rest was sent to me a few days after that. Unfortunately, the backordered stuff was the stuff I really wanted (Surefire G2 and the LMF knife).
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

expeditionwolf

Post by expeditionwolf » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:37 pm

I have had nothing but problems ordering from these guys. They have ZERO customer service, and they treat you like a stain on the bottom of their shoes.

:evil:
Better to have it and not need it; than need it and not have it...

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:39 pm

I have only ever had one major issue with them. I had ordered up some Hatch riot armor for myself and JPTP since we were going to a big Halloween party as Riot officers. first JPTP's armor was on backorder, then they shipped me the wrong size for mine. I emailed them about the one that was shipped wrong and they sent me a call tag to send it back and sent out the right size but JPTP's armor never came in.

The first 2-3 emails I sent were responded to with courtesy and professionalism but the ones after that I was only given short and unprofessional answers.

I still order from them from time to time but if anything I order is not in stock or on back order I just have them cancel it and I order said piece from another retailer.
-NREMT-P
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

scottp999

Post by scottp999 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:50 pm

I did a first order with them about 3 months ago. I remember seeing a note on their site about putting something in the special instructions if you wanted to be contacted about back-ordered items.

This is exactly what I put in the comments section of the order form:

Comments Do not backorder out of stock items. Please let me know if any items are out of stock asap.

They called me in 2 business days, let me know what was out of stock, suggested other in stock items, and let me drop anything I wanted.

I ordered quite a few things and I think they handled the out of stock items very well. The person that called knew their inventory and items very well.

southalabama

Post by southalabama » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm 4 for 4...........perfect service from LA Police Gear.............no complaints; knock on wood.

dinamyte

la police gear experiences....

Post by dinamyte » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:31 pm

I attempted to order things from them twice..... both the items were on close out. Both times I email them and was assured the items would arrive to them and then with in 2 weeks, and then shipped to me. Both times it was around 4 weeks of waiting when I decided to cancel the orders. Throughout both orders i would email them about once every week to see what was going on with the orders. I do wish they would tell you if something wasn't in stock. Also the second order, I ordered a watch and wasn't told until about the third email that the watch was back ordered, and the manufacturer was apparently experiencing shortages of the item. In the future I think I will email ahead or call ahead before ordering to make sure the items I would want will be in stock.... Not a horrible experience, but nonetheless leaves a bit of a bad taste... :?

Williams

Sure.

Post by Williams » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:59 pm

I ordered from them twice. Both times were acceptable. On the second order, one of the items I guess they didn't want to sell me, because they just took it off the order and didn't say anything about it. It just had a red line through it.

--
Williams

Tracker

Post by Tracker » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:17 am

To answer the questions posted to me. Yes I called them, yes they said everything was coming fine, and 8 weeks of this and still no order shipped. I had a business selling pretty much everything they sell, and their service sucks. Still, operations like thiers are what kept me in business for so long.

If they work out for you, great, but I only need to get burned once to learn.
bmonday said
"Menage a trois has a revered place in our common language, and I'll be damned if even one time those stories involved one's brother and a dog. Jesus fucking christ is nothing sacred? "

Return to “Bug Out Gear”