Flat pack bowl.

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3954
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Flat pack bowl.

Post by moab » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:01 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Fozzils-Snapfold ... CG3R1MW67P

These were posted by Rock6 over on another forum. They weigh nothing and store flat. Fold into sturdy bowls. Very cool. They also make a larger salad bowl.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Flat pack bowl.

Post by NT2C » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:04 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:01 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Fozzils-Snapfold ... CG3R1MW67P

These were posted by Rock6 over on another forum. They weigh nothing and store flat. Fold into sturdy bowls. Very cool. They also make a larger salad bowl.
Great, if what you're eating out of it is cold and light. I'm not too sure I'd trust it with hot soup.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3954
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Flat pack bowl.

Post by moab » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:50 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:04 pm
moab wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:01 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Fozzils-Snapfold ... CG3R1MW67P

These were posted by Rock6 over on another forum. They weigh nothing and store flat. Fold into sturdy bowls. Very cool. They also make a larger salad bowl.
Great, if what you're eating out of it is cold and light. I'm not too sure I'd trust it with hot soup.
It says they're good for soup on their website. And the picture shows soup. It's meant to hold cold and hot meals and soup in. They are pretty incredible if a bowl is in your BO preps. No weight penalty. And they fold flat. So no bulk penalty either. And I know Rock6 has put them thru their paces. He regularly hikes dozens of miles. And is very quality and weight wise when it comes to stuff that makes it into his pack.

https://www.fozzils.com/solo-pack-grey-semi-transparent
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Flat pack bowl.

Post by NT2C » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:37 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:50 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:04 pm
moab wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:01 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Fozzils-Snapfold ... CG3R1MW67P

These were posted by Rock6 over on another forum. They weigh nothing and store flat. Fold into sturdy bowls. Very cool. They also make a larger salad bowl.
Great, if what you're eating out of it is cold and light. I'm not too sure I'd trust it with hot soup.
It says they're good for soup on their website. And the picture shows soup. It's meant to hold cold and hot meals and soup in. They are pretty incredible if a bowl is in your BO preps. No weight penalty. And they fold flat. So no bulk penalty either. And I know Rock6 has put them thru their paces. He regularly hikes dozens of miles. And is very quality and weight wise when it comes to stuff that makes it into his pack.

https://www.fozzils.com/solo-pack-grey-semi-transparent
I'm concerned with heat transfer through the material and non-ridgid sides that might make gripping them problematic when using a towel or gloves to protect your hands from the heat.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

taipan821
* * *
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 am

Re: Flat pack bowl.

Post by taipan821 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:56 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:50 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Great, if what you're eating out of it is cold and light. I'm not too sure I'd trust it with hot soup.
It says they're good for soup on their website. And the picture shows soup. It's meant to hold cold and hot meals and soup in. They are pretty incredible if a bowl is in your BO preps. No weight penalty. And they fold flat. So no bulk penalty either. And I know Rock6 has put them thru their paces. He regularly hikes dozens of miles. And is very quality and weight wise when it comes to stuff that makes it into his pack.
If you were making soup, why wouldn't you use a pot or mug? My bug out meals consist of freeze dried meals which I rehydrate in its pouch, leaving me with a pot and a mug, if I'm having a hot drink that still leaves the pot. The concept has merits, but I would only see this being of use for a family where you are doing cooking rather than simple rehydrating.
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017
Watsonville/Walsh River Bushfire 2018
North Queensland Monsoonal Event 2019
New South Wales Bushfires 2019

User avatar
Ellywick
* *
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Central MO

Re: Flat pack bowl.

Post by Ellywick » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Even if they maybe aren't as useful for a BOB (although I could think of uses for them), at a minimum, I think these would be great for snacks on long car rides for kids. Or nice for a packing a picnic. I have a weird obsession with traditional picnic baskets and like to go on picnics with my kids and husband. It is hard to fit in all the plates/bowls/etc into one basket along with the food. Something like this would be nice.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

User avatar
Mags
* * * *
Posts: 955
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: *cough*not a zombie*cough* "Dog Soldiers" Just watch it. I'm sure this crowd will approve!
Location: Pa.

Re: Flat pack bowl.

Post by Mags » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:10 am

Hope I didn't miss it. Another option might be the Sea to Summit X Bowl. The rigid bottom helps with heavy oatmeal, or Mt House meals for two. The silicone sides provide a degree of thermal protection for your hands as well. The X Bowl Store N Go with screw on lid ups the game. With a rigid screw down "leakproof" lid. I'd say they're at least as sturdy as the one shown in this post.

Just a thought...

Image


Image


The X Bowl Stow n Go is pictured in the upper right.
Image

Entire set in a Sea to Summit 4L Dry Bag.
Image
MAGS BOB THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 14&t=41853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS MED THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 43&t=42670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS FOOD THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 0&t=104784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Well, for me, the action is the juice..........I'm in."

User avatar
RonnyRonin
* * * * *
Posts: 1749
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Flat pack bowl.

Post by RonnyRonin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:38 pm

I use the older discontinued fold flat bowls with now snaps (I don't trust them on the fozzil bowls).

I use it to save quite a bit of cleanup, I an boil water in my pot, and rehydrate my instant potatoes and dehydrated beans or oatmeal in the bowl, allowing me to boil up more water later for other things while I'm eating, and cleanup is as easy as unfolding the bowl and licking it off or wiping it on snow/plants.

It also makes a very good cutting board in the field.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

Post Reply

Return to “Bug Out Gear”