One Tigris bags, anyone familiar?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

roOism
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

One Tigris bags, anyone familiar?

Post by roOism » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:17 am

https://www.amazon.com/OneTigris-Expand ... is+backpck

Wife gifted me one of these for Christmas. Been drooling over an Eberlstock but it wasn’t in the budget this year, but she want to get me something similar and saw this one on sale for $80 and read some decent reviews on the bag and the company.

I was thrilled she got it for me, love that she thought of something like this and tried to get a decent bag and not just the cheapest thing out there.

Anyway, wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the brand or this bag. I’ve been a sedentary lump all year and amp planning on getting into hiking/backpacking/solo camping as soon as it’s warm enough. 50L is probably overkill for day hikes, but if nothing else I’ll load it with some weight just to help burn calories.

Hooray for prepper minded wives!
"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Goethe

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Re: One Tigris bags, anyone familiar?

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:35 am

I have their dog vest for my beagle.

Standard decent quality. It will be the same "made in China" quality that you see with various brands on Amazon or in Walmart.

Good enough for most duties. If I were to do a 7 day wilderness trek that's life or death, I may upgrade. But for regular stuff, I wouldn't worry.

At least that's my experience with their product and others that are all made in the same factory.

Haven't broken one of those style products yet!!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:29 am

Use it! Get out and do some hikes. I believe Moab posted a link to ILBEs for really cheap in the bug out deals section. But but for the pack you got, I'd say the best way to test it is to use it. I've put some real war and tear on ALICE packs and even stressed my ILBE with training hikes. So just use it and see what happens. Use it up and be greatfull. And let us know what your experience is.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Chaos454

Post by Chaos454 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:02 pm

I was just wondering if you've had a chance to use it? I was wondering how comfortable it rides over distances?

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:08 pm

roOism wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:17 am
https://www.amazon.com/OneTigris-Expand ... is+backpck

Wife gifted me one of these for Christmas. Been drooling over an Eberlstock but it wasn’t in the budget this year, but she want to get me something similar and saw this one on sale for $80 and read some decent reviews on the bag and the company.

I was thrilled she got it for me, love that she thought of something like this and tried to get a decent bag and not just the cheapest thing out there.

Anyway, wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the brand or this bag. I’ve been a sedentary lump all year and amp planning on getting into hiking/backpacking/solo camping as soon as it’s warm enough. 50L is probably overkill for day hikes, but if nothing else I’ll load it with some weight just to help burn calories.

Hooray for prepper minded wives!
On parr with Condor, ok quality. Ive had some condor stuff have f***ed stitching but in general it SHOULD be ok.

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 pm

If it is 500d cordura and YKK zippers as they claim I'd say it is a pretty solid step up from the bulk of Amazon tactical packs. Most of those use polyester fabric (much weaker then nylon), a cheap vinyl coating that rapidly peels off (making for weak seams) and off brand zippers that fail often.

It should serve you well.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”