Useful office supplies in a pocket organizer

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

B9ev
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Useful office supplies in a pocket organizer

Post by B9ev » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:57 pm

I have decided to integrate a Maxpedition EDC Pocket Organizer into my briefcase. The reason for this is because I use a Pelican laptop case as a briefcase and it doesn't have any pockets. Briefcase itself has paperwork, business cards, and an iPad. I take it with me to meetings and other work related functions within the Albuquerque metro area and about 50 miles north to Santa Fe. In my vehicles, I have everything I feel that I would need for an emergency scenario so the pocket organizer would be purely redundant.

Inside the pocket organizer, I have pens, paper, lighter, flashlight, multitool. Ideas on other items to keep inside it?

Exploriment

Re: Useful office supplies in a pocket organizer

Post by Exploriment » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:16 pm

If you want to keep it strictly to “office supplies” – binder clips, or bulldog clips. Many uses.

Close_enough

Post by Close_enough » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:33 pm

B9ev wrote:I have decided to integrate a Maxpedition EDC Pocket Organizer into my briefcase. The reason for this is because I use a Pelican laptop case as a briefcase and it doesn't have any pockets. Briefcase itself has paperwork, business cards, and an iPad. I take it with me to meetings and other work related functions within the Albuquerque metro area and about 50 miles north to Santa Fe. In my vehicles, I have everything I feel that I would need for an emergency scenario so the pocket organizer would be purely redundant.

Inside the pocket organizer, I have pens, paper, lighter, flashlight, multitool. Ideas on other items to keep inside it?
IME, I've needed the following on more then one occasion:
1) A couple of band aids (paper cuts bleed every-freakin-where, as in all over the meeting handouts, and a bloody handprint on the outside of the office first aid cabinet tends to disturb people)
2) A fold flat carbon mask. If there is an industrial area anywhere in the building, sooner or later, the fumes will find their way into the office area. Also useful for annoying office smells (coworkers bathing in rosewater, take out kimchee, the guy in the next cubical hacking his lungs out, etc.).
3) A flat pack of duct tape (10ft wrapped around an old credit card has salvaged several wardrobe malfunctions), and some safety pins.

EDIT: If you don't already carry it in your briefcase, an USB power bank, earbuds with a microphone, and a handkerchief or bandana.

B9ev
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by B9ev » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Great ideas! Not necessarily limited to office items, but items that are useful to have.

I added a couple of binder clips, nitrile gloves, a mask, sterile alcohol wipes, Clorox disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer. I will have to add some bandages when I get home, I don't have any here at the office.

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Appropriate phone/tablet cables (I keep one each micro- and type-c now). I loop mine around my hand, then poke them through one of the small loops inside my EDC Micro.
Pill container(s) with aspirin, Alleve, etc. Common stuff.
A bit of cash.
One of those DMT sharpening cards, maybe, if you carry a knife. I've had 'em wishlisted for years, but still haven't actually gotten one.

I'm a contact wearer, so I keep a spare set of contacts in mine.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:45 pm

With some cardboard and some strong tape, you can make some decent pockets for the inside of the Pel-case.
During such festive times, I also like to carry a large holiday pencil.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:52 pm

This is one of the most unexpectedly useful items that I always keep in my office drawer, even though I regularly EDC a multi-tool.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... PDKIKX0DER

FYI: Wallyworld sells a knockoff version. Can't remember the brand but it's black and red and can be found in the tool section. I have one of those too and so far it seems to be comparable quality

B9ev
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by B9ev » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:42 pm

I was looking at that exact Stanley on Amazon but it was an add on only item and wouldn't ship with the stuff that qualified for prime.

Cardboard and tape isn't a bad idea to make a pocket.

Gunwriter
Favorite Zombie Movies: anything with Ash in it....

Post by Gunwriter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:57 am

http://mininch.com/store/wrenchit

since you will likely use the flashlight I'd suggest one reload of batteries for it, just in case......

You could add in a $20 too

B9ev
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by B9ev » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:07 am

That wrench is a neat idea, I will have to think about it.

Currently on the to add list are: cash, individual benadryl (I had a food allergy happen at Costco this week, mangos were in a sample), extra battery(bonus because my Keychain light uses same size), and duct tape.

Here is a picture of most of what is in the organizer.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”