Pocket Shot - the Slingshot evolved

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mantis

Pocket Shot - the Slingshot evolved

Post by mantis » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:22 am

I got a really neat Christmas gift from my brother - a Pocket Shot. The manufacturer bills it as the Slingshot evolved. It is a small handheld slingshot that can fire steel shot at velocities of around 350fps with the "PRO" pouch installed. There is also an attachment available to allow it to fire arrows or crossbow bolts.

As you can see from the picture below, it is a small compact unit that will fit easily into any load bearing vest, backpack or other survival kit.

It features a tightly fitting screw off cap that doubles as a tool to change out the pouch and allows you to store ammo and spare pouches inside.

This shows you the standard black pouch and the more powerful PRO pouch side by side. When you purchase a Pocket Shot, it includes both. My brother purchased 2 additional spare pro pouches for me as well as a supply of shot.

It is dead simple to operate - drop in a ball, aim, draw back the pouch and release. It does take some practice to get good with it but it is very worthwhile as a hunting tool or even a less-than-lethal defensive tool. It can be loaded and fired much faster than a traditional slingshot and compares very well in terms of performance. It is also much more compact. I am thrilled to add this to my survival/bug out kit.

http://www.thepocketshot.com/store/c1/F ... ducts.html
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

JIM
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Wall street (Dollar zombies FTL$)

Re: Pocket Shot - the Slingshot evolved

Post by JIM » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:50 am

Looks like a tactical condom to me :twisted:

How far can it shoot?

First-Aid primer and medical disclaimer

"Trust me, I'm a Medic. This won't hurt.... Me. You, I'm not so sure - probably a lot..''

TwistedSense

Post by TwistedSense » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 am

JIM wrote:Looks like a tactical condom to me :twisted:

How far can it shoot?
I was thinking more tactical butt plug but looks interesting otherwise
I don't care what you think of me. Unless you think I am awesome. In which case, you are right.

mantis

Post by mantis » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:28 am

LOL...seems to be effective at 10-15 yards with my limited practice with it.
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm was seeing an elaborate storage container for steel shot and was beginning to question whether my definition of 'sling shot' is radically different from OP's. Hopefully this helps:

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:42 am

I got one of those as well, and I have already learned that you need to be careful how you hold it. I managed to smack my hand.
still a lot of fun with paintballs.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:14 pm

It seems like kind of a gimmick. I see an owner dependent on others for food. 10-15 yards is a tad bit too close for most meaty varmints, although I could see headshots on big frogs as a possibility. It could be just for fun if one has a humongous supply of Spam.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:54 pm

That looks like it could be painful to get shot with, you might just piss something off and it will kill you. :wink:
WWSD?

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:17 am

It makes me sad that Jeriah isn't here to crack jokes about a prison slingshot. :cry:
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

mantis

Post by mantis » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:57 am

emclean wrote:I got one of those as well, and I have already learned that you need to be careful how you hold it. I managed to smack my hand.
still a lot of fun with paintballs.
Yep! I made that discovery too!

mantis

Post by mantis » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:58 am

Asymetryczna wrote:It seems like kind of a gimmick. I see an owner dependent on others for food. 10-15 yards is a tad bit too close for most meaty varmints, although I could see headshots on big frogs as a possibility. It could be just for fun if one has a humongous supply of Spam.
You'd be surprised....from the videos on the site people can get pretty accurate with it and 350 fps with steel balls that heavy is a lot of energy. Would not use it to replace a firearm but it could certainly be a viable "plan B" item.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”