Hydration bladder water storage

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

hotlead

Hydration bladder water storage

Post by hotlead » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 pm

I'm guessing that most here don't leave the bladders in their BOBs and GHBs full of water, and I don't either. What I do is put a few store bought water bottles in the hydration pack in with the empty and dry bladder, that way I'll have water on hand to put in the bladder when there's time. Kinda like how some of us do with a wool blanket in our packs in place of a compressed sleeping bag.

Anyway, just kind of a random thought.
"your 9mm might expand when it hits the target, but my .45 sure as hell won't shrink"- Arguing with my Brother about pistol calibers.

"You can never have too many guns, yo-yos, or crayons"- Mrs. Hotlead speaking to my Nephew.

"If you don't let your farts out, you'll get bad breath"- Talking to my Neice at a campfire

JIM
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Wall street (Dollar zombies FTL$)

Re: Hydration bladder water storage

Post by JIM » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:33 pm

I use the life raft emergency water packs and put them inside the bladder. Bladder and water stay good and in case the packets leak, no water spilled.

First-Aid primer and medical disclaimer

"Trust me, I'm a Medic. This won't hurt.... Me. You, I'm not so sure - probably a lot..''

Return to “Bug Out Gear”