need help packing this thing

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

A Pimp Named Slickback
ZS Member
ZS Member

need help packing this thing

Post by A Pimp Named Slickback » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:53 pm

I am learning how to pack my back and eventually my wifes when i get it. I have an FILBE or the USMC pack and have no idea how to pack this darn thing. I don't remember anything on this from my time using the MOLLE II in rotc.
crypto wrote:
A Pimp Named Slickback wrote:
Oneswunk wrote:Save a horse refuse to hold a cowgirls hand until you are engaged
I hate you guys sometimes
FTFY
FTFY.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: need help packing this thing

Post by Halfapint » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:57 am

Just going to say it.... What are you talking about?
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:30 am

This reminds me how badly I need to unpack and repack my BOB. I know I'm missing some things, and I know I could better organize everything for both accessibility and level load.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:38 am

Assuming you are asking the best way to pack your backpack...The classic answer is the heaviest stuff closest you your back and higher up, light and fluffy things on the bottom.

put the heaviest stuff in the radio pocket of the FILBE (for me this means MRE entrees) if you use a water bladder you'd want that in there for sure. put your sleep system on the bottom and your extra layers farthest from your back and close to the top were you can get at them.

google "packing a backpack" and you'll find all kinds of cool infographics. my advice for the FILBE specifically is to pack it with the frame laying on the ground so if there ends up being any empty space it is furthest from your back (and eliminated by cinching the compression straps) rather then ending up at the top of the pack (were it would end up if you pack it with the bottom of the pack on the ground) which would put the weight lower then you want it and further from your back.

high and tight is the way to go.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

none1

Post by none1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:09 pm

A Pimp Named Slickback wrote:I am learning how to pack my back and eventually my wife when i get it.
Missed the s on wifes, read it as quoted above, and things went downhill from there.

GL packing what you need packing when you need to pack it .....
ninja-elbow wrote: Almost every survival show I've ever seen has one common denominator: lack of caloric intake is shitty.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:31 pm

1) What RonnyRonin said.
2) You could post up a gear list, or put together a gear list, and start actually putting that in your bag. Some really cool graphics can be seen in this thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=113824

I had done some reading on how to pack things, but I had never seen these graphics.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by omega_man » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 am

Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”