There is a MBO Contest going on... What's Your Excuse?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

koolaidND
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 weeks, 28 days, resident evil series, zombieland

Re: There is a MBO Contest going on... What's Your Excuse?

Post by koolaidND » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I have a good reason why I won't make an entry. I've worked 6 days a week for the last 4 months. I'm just lucky if I can get laundry done. Three short fishing trips are all I've managed this summer. :(. My wife also gave birth to our daughter in May. Sometimes getting outside isn't an option.
There are people who are pissed off every day I wake up alive...that also makes me happy. - Raptor.

Medic73
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by Medic73 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:25 pm

koolaidND wrote:I have a good reason why I won't make an entry. I've worked 6 days a week for the last 4 months. I'm just lucky if I can get laundry done. Three short fishing trips are all I've managed this summer. :(. My wife also gave birth to our daughter in May. Sometimes getting outside isn't an option.
I see where your priorities are, lol. :lol:

Hey, if you were able to get out fishing three times, you could have shot a few photos and made it an entry. 74 and more did.

Anyway, congrats on getting a new daughter.

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Just returned from a family camping weekend, gotta clean up, eat pizza and watch some football. I'll post tomorrow.

koolaidND
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 weeks, 28 days, resident evil series, zombieland

Post by koolaidND » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Medic73 wrote:
koolaidND wrote:I have a good reason why I won't make an entry. I've worked 6 days a week for the last 4 months. I'm just lucky if I can get laundry done. Three short fishing trips are all I've managed this summer. :(. My wife also gave birth to our daughter in May. Sometimes getting outside isn't an option.
I see where your priorities are, lol. :lol:

Hey, if you were able to get out fishing three times, you could have shot a few photos and made it an entry. 74 and more did.

Anyway, congrats on getting a new daughter.
The boat with a 40HP outboard would have disqualified all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are people who are pissed off every day I wake up alive...that also makes me happy. - Raptor.

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:11 pm

My excuses:

Work
School
My knees have gone wonky and I'm walking with a cane for the time being. Bugging out without a motor vehicle is not currently an option.

Sent via mimeograph.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

bacpacjac
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Resident Evil, I Am Legend, Shaun of the Dea, Army of Darkness, Dawn of the Dead

Post by bacpacjac » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 pm

hmm... new baby a few months ago? I missed an entire season after my daughter was born. She'll hopefully be good to go on a few outings with Dad this fall, before the winter weather rolls in. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

p.s.s be sure to take pics/video when you do get out there with her.
“This is the part in the movie where that guy says, "Zombies? What zombies?" just before they eat his brains. I don't want to be that guy.” ― Holly Black, Kin

My Woods Bumming Kit / My Day Hike Pack/GHB / My Personal BOB / Our Family BOB / My Youtube Channel

Medic73

Post by Medic73 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Well, the Contest Dates have past and there were several new enteries during the Extended Dates and I am thankful that so many stepped up to my taunting.

If you went out this past weekend, hurry up and get your entry in to be included in the Summer 2013 MBO Contest.

Good luck to everyone (but I want to win!) :wink:

Medic73

allofthemonkeys

Post by allofthemonkeys » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:55 pm

My excuse: I work Tues-Friday evenings and nights, then I work Saturday all day. I then teach Sunday School at church Sunday morning, and have a regular D&D on Monday night.
When I was born, they told me the chance of getting out of this life alive was slim.

72hours

Post by 72hours » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:51 am

Still off work with my knee injury, and have developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome... Which is more painful than unmedicated labour apparently. Wish I could even walk up an incline....
Last edited by 72hours on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Medic73

Post by Medic73 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:45 am

72hours wrote:Still off work with my knee injury, and have developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome... Which is more painful than uneducated labour apparently. Wish I could even walk up an incline....
Hang in there 72hours. Walking is still painful and difficult for me. EVERY step with my right ankle hurts. :crazy: My ankle rolls and is unstable, but it will be the rest of my life, or at least until the Talus bone completely dies from poor circulation and collapses. Then, if/when that happens, I will need a Total Ankle Fusion or a Total Ankle Replacement surgery.

I hope your knee gets better soon.

Medic73

Return to “Bug Out Gear”