GRIP-S Survival Tool

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

beast1210

GRIP-S Survival Tool

Post by beast1210 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 pm

In the end they are just fancy handles, but with a few changes I think they could be a great addition to any bug out bag or urban survival kit.

I bought them here:
http://www.survivalmetrics.com/store/It ... andles-saw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Adventure starts here.......
http://www.youtube.com/user/beast12101

The Machinist
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: GRIP-S Survival Tool

Post by The Machinist » Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks for posting your find and it is an interesting concept. I think I just found a new project to mess with. :lol:

Is the end hex broached for the 1/4" hex drive bits or is it just a 9/32 or 5/16" diameter through hole?

Are they really charging $40 per set? Does it come with some sort of carrying case?
Blackdog wrote:I can hear you out there now...."But mister Blackdog these wispy wind shirts are not uber tough and able to fend off meteors and wolfs". I say baaaaaaaaaaaaaah, they are really useful, pack real small and harder to F up than you might think and there is always duct tape. High on my things I like list.

koolaidND
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 weeks, 28 days, resident evil series, zombieland

Post by koolaidND » Tue May 28, 2013 2:39 pm

The concept is cool. I like being able to use a variety of blades that are cheap. I think drilling might be hard to use do to the small handle. A "T" shape would really help with drilling.

The price is a killer for me. I might have to try build something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are people who are pissed off every day I wake up alive...that also makes me happy. - Raptor.

beast1210

Post by beast1210 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:03 pm

The Machinist wrote:Thanks for posting your find and it is an interesting concept. I think I just found a new project to mess with. :lol:

Is the end hex broached for the 1/4" hex drive bits or is it just a 9/32 or 5/16" diameter through hole?

Are they really charging $40 per set? Does it come with some sort of carrying case?
it is a round hole but stops just short of half way through where the wire saw hole is. no carrying case.
The Adventure starts here.......
http://www.youtube.com/user/beast12101

Woods Walker
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Woods Walker » Wed May 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks for posting the video. Not sure I could justify another saw thingy given what is already packed but to each their own.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

The Machinist
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by The Machinist » Thu May 30, 2013 7:00 am

Thanks Beast. Interesting that they do not have a hole all the way through. Now it has me thinking of making a version of this little guy for myself because it would be a nice little item to have in an urban or GHB kit or hell even in my tool kit. :lol: Of course being able to switch from metal cutting to wood cutting blades is a nice option to have also. I am thinking of making it fit my pocket chain saw rather than the wire saw and also mess with the grip design on it to improve the ergonomics and leverage when sawing. More to come on this little guy for sure. :clap:
Blackdog wrote:I can hear you out there now...."But mister Blackdog these wispy wind shirts are not uber tough and able to fend off meteors and wolfs". I say baaaaaaaaaaaaaah, they are really useful, pack real small and harder to F up than you might think and there is always duct tape. High on my things I like list.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”