Wazoo para cord braclet

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kcor_77
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them

Wazoo para cord braclet

Post by kcor_77 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 am

Does anyone have this and if so what are your opinions on it. These seem a little cool the way they are made. A lot of functions in a little package. Whats is everyone thoughts on these?

I might get one well because I can't tie a knot tie so I just tie a lot. There is no way I could make one with out mupltile faliures or bouts of cursing that could anneal metal.

Linky thing.
http://wazoosurvivalgear.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

Exploriment

Re: Wazoo para cord braclet

Post by Exploriment » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 am

kcor_77 wrote:I might get one well because I can't tie a knot tie so I just tie a lot.
:?: Not sure this makes any sense.
kcor_77 wrote:There is no way I could make one with out mupltile faliures or bouts of cursing that could anneal metal.
If you can't tie the simple knots that something like this requires, you really need to learn. Yeah, multiple failures are an inevitability when learning something new. Get over it and master them.

What do I think about them? I think this is about a ten fold increase in value over what is actually in them. A dollars worth of para cord (if that), a 50¢ buckle, maybe a dollar for the firesteel, a bit of metal that you could scrounge from somewhere, a pittance for the needle, fishing line and hook. An hour of your time, at most. Okay, two hours for you, because you've admitted to being knotically challenged.

Your money, so you can do what you want with it. But there are better things you could spend $30 on, and if you can't manage the basic knotwork something like this requires, you need to get over your pre-conceived notions and learn it. What exactly did you imagine you were going to do with that unravelled para-cord if you can't do some basic, simple knotwork?

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 am

My only thought is, these para bracelets are bulky as is, add another line through the top (yellow run), name tag and all the gadgets, and it may be unwearable for most people... Maybe really big lugs, with beefy wrists could do it without feeling like they have a weight band on, but I will have to pass... My standard one just got to feeling fat and anoying, and I'm not a little guy.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:53 am

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=31488

Now all you need is 10 feet of paracord and you're ready to learn.

I recommend you buy at least 50 feet though, because as soon as you figure it out, you'll be addicted to it.

Knots are important. Knowledge in general is important. Don't pay 10 times the cost of something which you can easy reproduce yourself for less.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

GOODdaysir

Post by GOODdaysir » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:13 pm

hey, and for another $20 you can get a SERE bracelet!!! http://www.refactortactical.com/product ... l-band.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey guys, Please check out my blog for gear reviews you can trust
http://suburbansurvivorgear.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A new perspective on gear, to help you choose the best load-out for your situation

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:34 am

I have tried to tie para cord before and didn't work out so well. I really don't have the time or patience. Okay its more the patience part. You give me a engine transmission, hydraulic pump, or valve body for either one and i will be there all day with no problem.

Playing with para cord drives me up the wall down it and across the ceiling. I mean it frustrates the every living shit out of me. Also i have other projects i'm working on like this one. This will be cut out with my plasma cutter.

I mean would you rather play with para cord or cut metal with the fourth state of matter?
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

Exploriment

Post by Exploriment » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 am

Both please!

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Exploriment wrote:Both please!
Exactly. Specialization is for insects, learn a new skill and put yourself outside of your comfort zone.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
Exploriment wrote:Both please!
Exactly. Specialization is for insects, learn a new skill and put yourself outside of your comfort zone.
Learn a new skill sounds good in theory. Time on the other hand I don't have much of right now. Getting the boot from the military due to the cut backs. Moving to another state to start life over. I think i'm out of my comfort zone right now. :ohdear:

If i sound a little pissy i'm sorry. I was just looking for reviews of this since there is not much on the intranet that I could find.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm

GOODdaysir wrote:hey, and for another $20 you can get a SERE bracelet!!! http://www.refactortactical.com/product ... l-band.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link i might pick 2 of those up for family members.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

interrogate
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by interrogate » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:57 pm

@OP I bought one after seeing the link on your post. I got it 2 days ago... I am quite happy with it. I will let you know if I have any problems with it.

--John

Sent from Tapatalk 2 in a nondescript building.
Telecommunicators Emergency Response Taskforce (TERT) Basic Certified
Trained Glock Armourer
Trained M16/M4/AR15 Armourer
Apprentice Gunsmith

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

Blast
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Girl With the Gifts

Post by Blast » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:34 pm

For what it's worth, I've had the pleasure of teaching the owners & employees of this company an edible wild plants class. They are really great people who are deeply involved in Houston-area search and rescue. They have to purchase their own SAR gear and selling these products helps them with this.
-Blast

movingchicane
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by movingchicane » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 pm

kcor- I got a thing from greenlife adventure in Ghent that they started carrying a similar locally made bracelet. I haven't been over there yet to check out the price or quality so just a FYI. http://www.greenlifeadventuresports.com/
The cake is a lie

111t

Post by 111t » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

All the best!
-Paul

"A rifle behind every blade of grass?"
"No, but any blade of grass"

Ferrocerium...You know how to spell it... This is how you pronounce it...[fer-oh-seer-ee-uhm]
Bushcraft/Dayhiking Kit
Three season 72 Hour Kit
Ledmark alcohol cookset!!!
New Production Kerosene Pressure Stoves!!!
Car Emergency Preparedness Kit

Return to “Bug Out Gear”