Gunslinger II Pack Dimensions?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Shadoq

Gunslinger II Pack Dimensions?

Post by Shadoq » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi again gents,
Well, courtesy of y'all I'm turning into a pack geardo :clap:
Unfortunately, Eberlestock does not really like to list dimensions of packs on their websites for whatever reason. Also, a google searched turned up nothing in regards to this.

Does anyone out there have a Gunslinger II pack and is willing to give me the dimensions of the pack overall as well as the main compartment?

Also, anyone know if it will fit as an airline carry on? Obviously without having a rifle in the scabbard... :crazy:

Thanks!

Drunkengunner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Re: Gunslinger II Pack Dimensions?

Post by Drunkengunner » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 am

I'm not really totally sure what kind of dimensions you are looking for, but I'll see what I can do. All measurements are approximate.

Main Compartment: 21" high x 10" wide x 8" deep
Lid Pouch: 4" high x 9.5" wide(square)
Scabbard: 20" high x 10" wide x 4" deep
Entire Pack including lid pouch: 25" high x 11" wide x 14" deep

I hope these help you, if you need something else, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. As being used as an airline carry-on, that would be a bit of a stretch. Maybe if you removed the hip belt and it was pretty empty, it might work. There are some straps that can be used to cinch it down pretty tight from front to back, so that might help, but it's still a pretty tall bag for an airline. Hope this helps.
Amanda (my wife): "Gunner do you know what zombies are?"
Gunner (my 4 year old): "Bad guys."
Me: "And what do we do when we see zombies?"
Gunner: "Kill them?"
Me: "That's right, we kill them...again."

Shadoq

Post by Shadoq » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 am

Drunkengunner,
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it :clap:
What I'm looking for is an Eberlestock bag that is approximately 3 day pack size, able to fit on airlines, is top and panel loading, and has plenty of webbing for attaching pockets to. Unfortunately the Army issue packs while decent, each have their own failings.
I've been looking at the FAC Track but it seems a bit on the small side plus the scabbard on the GSII would be nice for carrying my laptop or M4 when I'm transiting between FOBs and doing travel.
I was figuring I'd yank the hip belt and cinch the compression straps down a lot if I had to take it on a civvy flight. On a military flight we can get away with anything as long as it fits in the overhead or under the seat.

Anyone out there got experience with the FAC and GSII?v

Drunkengunner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Drunkengunner » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 am

Actually, when I was in Afghanyland, I used my Eberlestock HiSpeed pack. I was able to live out of that pack for about 2 weeks at one point. It has a couple slots in the back that I can fit my laptop in and as long as you pack right, you can get quite a bit in there. It's also the perfect size for taking on military birds, whether fixed wing or not.
Amanda (my wife): "Gunner do you know what zombies are?"
Gunner (my 4 year old): "Bad guys."
Me: "And what do we do when we see zombies?"
Gunner: "Kill them?"
Me: "That's right, we kill them...again."

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 am

Shadoq wrote:Drunkengunner,
What I'm looking for is an Eberlestock bag that is approximately 3 day pack size, able to fit on airlines, is top and panel loading, and has plenty of webbing for attaching pockets to. Unfortunately the Army issue packs while decent, each have their own failings.
I've been looking at the FAC Track but it seems a bit on the small side plus the scabbard on the GSII would be nice for carrying my laptop or M4 when I'm transiting between FOBs and doing travel.
I was figuring I'd yank the hip belt and cinch the compression straps down a lot if I had to take it on a civvy flight. On a military flight we can get away with anything as long as it fits in the overhead or under the seat.

1. M4 on your body unless you're running a crewserved, godammit.
2. I too ran the GSII as a sustained patrol (3-7 days) pack.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Shadoq

Post by Shadoq » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:15 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Shadoq wrote:Drunkengunner,

1. M4 on your body unless you're running a crewserved, godammit.
2. I too ran the GSII as a sustained patrol (3-7 days) pack.

240B with full stock or M4 with 203 sometimes...b**** and a half on the first part, no joke.

I'm not concerned so much with the military flights...especially rotary, is pretty loose about sizing. If it doesn't fit, you're not trying hard enough to cram it in there. :awesome:
More concerned about the civilian side, I'd like to be able to use the pack when I do "civi stuff"/travel. I really like the look and design of both the FAC track and the GSII, just wish someone out here had one or the other so I could look at 'em. Guys out here with Estock packs are usually running Operators or Terminators.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”