New NBC drama: Revolution

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Re: New NBC drama: Revolution

Post by raistlin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 pm

ausher wrote:I've been watching the show. One thing i notice in this show is how everyone is so well groomed. Hair stylists must be in an abundant supply because there is no scraggly looking bums....
Yeah. I noticed how great Rachel's hair looked on this week's episode--after they had been tramping around on foot for days. I try not to notice things like that.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:12 am

Know what's getting old? All the capture and escape shit

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:09 am

gundogs wrote:Know what's getting old? All the capture and escape shit
Everybody has their skill sets
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

manowar1313

Post by manowar1313 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:30 pm

This show just came onto netflicks so I'm enjoying the weekend.
Anyone wanting to talk sh*t about my guns needs to remember I'm holding a gun.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Is the new season on or has been on yet?

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Thought this show got cancelled...
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 am

DJH wrote:Thought this show got cancelled...
Yeah,cancelled in May

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:32 am

I never made it to the end of Season I due to the heavy-handed ridiculousness. I think the last episode I watched was the subterranean hallucination episode.
Mostly not here anymore.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

dogbane wrote:I never made it to the end of Season I due to the heavy-handed ridiculousness. I think the last episode I watched was the subterranean hallucination episode.
Yeah, I turned it off and stopped watching after the first or second show of season #2. Apparently when they flicked the power back on, then off again during the season 1 cliff hanger, nature went screwy and the gang got superpowers. The fat guy apparently had regenerative powers, because he was killed, came back to life and can heal quickly.

According to wiki. the 2nd season started September 25, 2013 and the season Finale was May 21, 2014. The show was officially canceled May 9, 2014. I think I mentioned this early on in this thread. Revolution reminded me of Jericho. Great premise, and came out like gang busters, but they quickly painted themselves into a corner and the story went bad fast. Its almost like the writers of these Post Apocalyptic network TV show never plan beyond the pilot and the first few episodes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution ... )#Season_2

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 am

Mikeyboy wrote:
dogbane wrote:I never made it to the end of Season I due to the heavy-handed ridiculousness. I think the last episode I watched was the subterranean hallucination episode.
Yeah, I turned it off and stopped watching after the first or second show of season #2. Apparently when they flicked the power back on, then off again during the season 1 cliff hanger, nature went screwy and the gang got superpowers. The fat guy apparently had regenerative powers, because he was killed, came back to life and can heal quickly.
Except explanation is not what actually happened. You'd have to watch the show to find out :)
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:58 am

Let the show die, people.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 am

Hey, can my little brother write an episode? Yeah? Cool.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:04 pm

I was really into the first season, but only got a few episode into the second. I'll probably end up re watching the whole thing on one of my binge nights. The only reasons I kept watching for as long as I did is because Elizabeth Mitchell pretty much rocks my socks.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

manowar1313

Post by manowar1313 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm about to finish season 1. I can see why it got cancelled...

mr_slappy75
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by mr_slappy75 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 pm

manowar1313 wrote:I'm about to finish season 1. I can see why it got cancelled...
If you are going to commit to watching season 2 (to the bitter end) may I suggest that you have your popcorn with any form of fizzy alcoholic drink instead of soda? :wink: Hard cider may fit the bill.

Trust me, you'll thank me later. :lol:

I do not see this thing ever coming back for any sort of 'closure' made for TV movie, like they did with Jeremiah, Firefly or even The Dollhouse. I feel the fan base got really disappointed very quickly.
colinz wrote:
ZS - Where having livestock, land and a good attitude is more desirable than being Size <6, 'ripped', or rich.

I <3 ZS!

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 pm

I commited myself to watching it. Not sure why, but i had to see what corny things the show came up with next. There isn't too many post apocalypse shows on tv to watch...

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 pm

and yet, still with the falling skies.

At least this show had a sense of continuity, and a storyline that wasn't *completely* all over the place.

I grew to enjoy season two after google guy got infested with nano's and then his wife turned into a crazy killer cyborgian type thing.

you gotta watch it to know what I mean :D
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:25 am

Fletch wrote:and yet, still with the falling skies.

At least this show had a sense of continuity, and a storyline that wasn't *completely* all over the place.

I grew to enjoy season two after google guy got infested with nano's and then his wife turned into a crazy killer cyborgian type thing.

You got a point. Even though Falling Skies brought in the hybrid daughter, which turned into some white haired god like entity....I still stuck with that show and will be watching it next season.

I liked Season 1 of Revolution even though some parts were corny. Season 2 for me just went bad fast.

mr_slappy75
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by mr_slappy75 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Fletch wrote:and yet, still with the falling skies.

Funny you should mention "Falling Skies", the wife and I decided last night to just delete from the dvr the 10 or so episodes we had of the current season figuring that with a newborn at home, we have neither the time nor the vocation to wade through that mess.

Figure if we are ever that curious we will find the show on line.
colinz wrote:
ZS - Where having livestock, land and a good attitude is more desirable than being Size <6, 'ripped', or rich.

I <3 ZS!

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:46 pm

mr_slappy75 wrote:
manowar1313 wrote:I'm about to finish season 1. I can see why it got cancelled...
I do not see this thing ever coming back for any sort of 'closure' made for TV movie, like they did with Jeremiah, Firefly or even The Dollhouse. I feel the fan base got really disappointed very quickly.
The second season finale was a series finale and it appears to be a big F-U to the people who cancelled the show.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/09/revolution-canceled/
"The final season averaged 7.3 million viewers and a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 on Wednesday nights. That’s actually much better than the second season of Friday night’s Hannibal, which just got a pickup — which goes to show that there are many other factors that go into these decisions other than the overnight rating."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series)
"The first season currently has a Metacritic score of 64 out of 100 based on 32 reviews, indicating generally positive reviews.[48]" - http://www.metacritic.com/tv/revolution
"The second season received more positive reviews. The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 88% approval rating with an average rating of 7.8/10, based on 8 reviews.[54]" - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/revolution/s02/

manowar1313

Post by manowar1313 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:20 am

zero11010 wrote:
mr_slappy75 wrote:
The second season finale was a series finale and it appears to be a big F-U to the people who cancelled the show.
I tried man, I really did to watch to the end of season 2 but it just sucked so bad.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”