Netflix find: Rammbock

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

das

Post by das » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Netflix recently added a German zombie film, Rammbock to their instant play. Rammbock is subtitled, so you'll have to read along, but the film itself is an excellent small scale zombie flick set in a German city at the start of a zombie apocalypse. It definitely isn't a shoot 'em up action film, which makes sense in a major European city, but it has some neat solutions to the problem of a zombie plague in multi-tenant area.

I won't ruin the plot, but it does a great job of making things steadily worse, yet still leaves hope throughout. If you're looking to kill an hour, take a look - I think you'll add it to your list of decent zombie movies, and if you're like me, you'll like the dark love story in it quite a bit.

scorpionsak47
Favorite Zombie Movies: anything romero made ,dawn of the dead 2004, hell any zombie movie for that matter

Re: Netflix find: Rammbock

Post by scorpionsak47 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Is this the one Set in the apt complex ? If so wasn't too bad actually

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 pm

I added it to my queue, and Netflix suggested "hobo with a shotgun"...WIN!

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Just watched it and enjoyed it as well

panch0

Post by panch0 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:26 pm

I saw this a while back on I tunes and it wasn't half bad.
"Tango Mike Mike"

G-man
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by G-man » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:52 am

Its also in english under the title Berlin undead

3Fingas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Post by 3Fingas » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:24 am

This movie was so good, I watched it twice on netflix. The characters are very believable and the action scenes were awesome. This is probably one of the best zombie movies I have ever seen. This movie is probably much better than anything that Romero ever produced. This movie is only 60 minutes long, so check it out.

Other decent zombie films on netflix:

Le Horde (French with English subtitles). This movie had a lot of gun play and very graphic gore, but the acting was good. The character development in this movie is nowhere near as good as that done in Rammbock, but I did like some of the quirkier characters such as the old, demented, French vet and the last stand of the of one of the main characters.

Autumn. This movie may be too slow for many people. And rare for a zombie movie, there is little actual zombie violence and gore. What makes this movie interesting is the progressive stages that a "Autumn " zombie goes through and how different people react under stress. There is a mass near-extinction event at the beginning of the movie. Then the rest of the movie shows a couple of groups of survivors and the different actions they take in response to the initial event. The zombies at first at not very dangerous nor are they very repulsive. Progressively, in stages, they become more menacing and hideous looking. These zombies eventually turn a disgusting, onyx color, with slime and gore covering their bodies.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

shooterwillie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by shooterwillie » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks for mentioning this movie. I just watched it based on this thread and I enjoyed it. I do admit that I liked "The Horde" better, but Rammbock was certainly entertaining.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Watched it this afternoon. It's well worth the watch. I love the shock of SHTF and then the steady decline as things get worse. It's got a few good plot twists and some scenes that are ingenious. The ending was awesome.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Good little flick... and only and hour long too. Love the ending.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Softscrubb

Post by Softscrubb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm

It ain't gonna win any oscars.. but it had me on edge.. nice find!
Doc Torr wrote: I'd imagine the Scots will be in for a world of hurt if the sheep get really mad. Maybe they should start with some foreplay now, to soften the blow?

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 pm

3Fingas wrote: Autumn. This movie may be too slow for many people. And rare for a zombie movie, there is little actual zombie violence and gore. What makes this movie interesting is the progressive stages that a "Autumn " zombie goes through and how different people react under stress. There is a mass near-extinction event at the beginning of the movie. Then the rest of the movie shows a couple of groups of survivors and the different actions they take in response to the initial event. The zombies at first at not very dangerous nor are they very repulsive. Progressively, in stages, they become more menacing and hideous looking. These zombies eventually turn a disgusting, onyx color, with slime and gore covering their bodies.
Great thread -I will be watching all of 'em.

Just wanted to mention that "Autumn" is also a great book.

Dab
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

ErMaK
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Dead Snow, I am Legend, Zombieland, Resident Evil

Post by ErMaK » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am

I've heard great things about this movie. I've got it added to my instant queue!

Return to “Zombie Training Films”